Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    LoL did you even read the story. He never tampered with the X-Gene, he just made a device that hid it. No genetic modification required.
    Literally what it does is hide it while genetic manipulation. That technology could be used to remove Gen X, Reed himself admits. Imagine if someone managed to infiltrate that technology into Krakoa's gene banks. They could erase the powers of all mutants, forever. That technology is insanely dangerous to mutants, like a nuke.

Wow didn't take long for people to start defending the indefensible. So as long as professor x/magneto/mutants(by extension) feel justified they can just violate a persons liberty? Ah OK, that won't lead to any adverse consequences which could have been completely avoided.
    Isn't that what Reed did to his son, and conceptually, mutants in general? The leaders of a mutant nation have every right to respond.

Wow didn't take long for people to start defending the indefensible. So as long as professor x/magneto/mutants(by extension) feel justified they can just violate a persons liberty? Ah OK, that won't lead to any adverse consequences which could have been completely avoided.
    But don't you see, Reed made something that, if completely altered into something else could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Beautifully done though right here.

I love this.
    Hey, Chuck. If you're worried about survival how about you NOT go out of your way to make enemies with the smartest guy on the planet.

People are talking like anytime Reed or Stark makes anything a few days later it gets stolen and added onto a sentinel. Almost nothing they've made has been used as an anti-mutant weapon.

Maybe on super rare occasions somebody gets a hold of something and uses it, but that happens just as often with stuff Xavier, Forge, or Beast makes. Are we saying that NO technology should be made since anything can be used against mutants now?

Reed is the guy here that wanted to protect his mutant son. Xavier is the guy that wants him as a weapon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Standard power dampeners work on mutants. When you're making specific technology for the mutant gene, that's when it's problematic.
    That may not work on every mutant. Sometimes it's understandable to have anti-whatever for a specific situation, like gamma mutates or people using specific kids of energy. It's problematic for sure, but not without merit.

Stark Sentinels and Sol Hammer technology are enough to be scared of Stark and Richards tech. This particular tech could be used to erase mutant genes, even Reed said that. It was a walking M'Day tech.

If you've read Marauders, you'll know that this kind of tech can be weaponized and it could fall into bad people's hands. Considering that ORCHIS got their tech easily, this couldn't be let go.

And Reed wasn't protecting his kid, he messed with his son's biology and that's wrong. He created the tech even before they came to their house, it wasn't even related to Xavier trying to recruit Franklin.

Also, Franklin's parents are okay with him being on Krakoa now and nothing harmful is being done to him. And Sue and Reed admitted to having overreacted.

My favorite part of this issue was the data sheets. The last three in particular. Reading what the device was, and then reading what i just read with the missing letters and then nothing. I felt Reed's mindwipe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My favorite part of this issue was the data sheets. The last three in particular. Reading what the device was, and then reading what i just read with the missing letters and then nothing. I felt Reed's mindwipe.
    That was super cool!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...yeah, that's pretty stupid and immoral of Xavier.
    It was immoral to make a device that could strip someone of their identity.

As pointed out, the X-Men really just wanted Franklin as a big gun.
    No they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That may not work on every mutant. Sometimes it's understandable to have anti-whatever for a specific situation, like gamma mutates or people using specific kids of energy. It's problematic for sure, but not without merit.
    How do you know that?

I don't see any hypocrisy because just like Reed and Stark are treated with suspicion for their inventions that end up or may end up being used to eradicate mutants, Forge was reprimanded by Storm for being careless with his technology.

With Mother Mold I can understand that Stark could not know that they were going to use his invention to kill planets for that (Leaving weapons with the ability to kill planets is not ok, tbh). But Reed should have the wisdom to know that creating technology that can erase the X-Gene is a bad idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Stark Sentinels and Sol Hammer technology are enough to be scared of Stark and Richards tech. This particular tech could be used to erase mutant genes, even Reed said that. It was a walking M'Day tech.

And Reed wasn't protecting his kid, he messed with his son's biology and that's wrong. He created the tech even before they came to their house, it wasn't even related to Xavier trying to recruit Franklin.

Also, Franklin's parents are okay with him being on Krakoa now and nothing harmful is being done to him. And Sue and Reed admitted to having overreacted.
    Eh, if it becomes necessary any superpowered ability should be taken away, permanently if the situation requires it. I don't think mutants deserve to be exempt from that idea but given how dangerous that tech could be in the wrong hands, Xavier isn't wrong for doing what he did. He did what was best for his people and others will do what is best for theirs. And I'm happy this was solved but this mini was trash. Everyone was OOC and the art was janky.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was immoral to make a device that could strip someone of their identity.

No they don’t.

How do you know that?
    Because plot and common sense. There used to be millions of mutants at one point, it's not unreasonable to think there will be some who won't be affected by a standard dampener or who are so dangerous that the permanent removal of the X-gene is preferable.

Any country or organization won't know what kind of villainous mutant they'll encounter so it makes sense to have both standard power dampeners and ones that specifically target the X-gene. Power dampeners don't even work on every mutate.

Reed was definitely wrong to make that tech, and I think he should be discouraged from creating such things.

But I also don’t agree with Xavier ensuring Reed knows his memory has been tampered with. They’re traditionally allies, and you should treat allies better. We also know mind wipes don’t work well (and considering the Illuminati was brought up - this should be a red flag).

The data pages were used to great effect. But, this mini wasn’t as good as it should have been, and I feel like Hickman should’ve wrote it.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair to Reed, having such a device would have prevented M-Day with Wanda (before the recent parentage retcon)

Because plot and common sense. There used to be millions of mutants at one point, it's not unreasonable to think there will be some who won't be affected by a standard dampener or who are so dangerous that the permanent removal of the X-gene is preferable.

Any country or organization won't know what kind of villainous mutant they'll encounter so it makes sense to have both standard power dampeners and ones that specifically target the X-gene. Power dampeners don't even work on every mutate.
    Krakoa really doesn't need power dampeners. Krakoa IS a power dampener. If they need to lock up any mutant they just need Doug to tell Krakoa "Big guy, gobble up this mutant's psionic energy until he can no longer use his powers".

That technology can only be used against them, not in their favor. It is normal that they do not want it to exist.

You’re saying plot and common sense but Mutants have.... powers. You aren’t explaining why that would bypass power dampening when it’s never happened before. And making technology that can affect all mutants because of something that hasn’t happened but might doesn’t seem like a good “ends to justify the means.”

Like?