Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Was Xavier really being that aggressive, though? He just said he wants him to remember that he erased Reed's mind of the dangerous tech he created. If anything it prevented more conflict down the road between the two groups.
    Exactly...I really did not see anything wrong with Charles' words or actions given the circumstances of the situation and the state of the mutant world.
    He was moving accordingly in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It already existed and Reed admitted it could be turned into something that could erase the X-Gene.

The two things are different lol weak rethoric
    It could be turned into something that could erase the mutant gene. Which mean it currently wasn't something that erased the mutant gene.
    The thing Xavier wanted shut down DIDN'T exist yet.

Was Xavier really being that aggressive, though? He just said he wants him to remember that he erased Reed's mind of the dangerous tech he created. If anything it prevented more conflict down the road between the two groups.
    Yes. He was. This wasn't a harmless thing where he made Reed forget, he WANTED Reed to know that he could erase his mind anytime he wanted to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This is a vicious circle because the more anti-Hulk technologies they create, the more angry the Hulk becomes. And when the Hulk gets angrier, the more trouble he creates. The simplest thing is to just leave him alone.

With mutants it is the same. Creating anti-mutant technology only fuels mutants' fear and hatred for humans. Every time a human creates a new mutant cure it is the Magneto, Exodus and Apocalypse of the world who say "See? They want to exterminate us". And who can blame the mutants for listening? How can they not fear a technology whose only function is to attack them?
    The Hulk and other gamma mutates should be left alone. But why shouldn't the US government develop tech to take him down if he goes on a rampage (even if the rampage isn't caused by them)? To not have a contingency for superpowered individuals going rogue is negligence on the part of a leader. Same goes for mutants. Developing anti-mutant tech can inspire more violence but it's not unfounded to have it in the first place.

And mutant cures are a separate issue altogether because I was speaking specifically about containing mutant threats and criminals. Cures that are available to your every day mutant aren't inherently a bad thing, but they generally are used with the intention of exploiting them. But if anyone posting in this forum got turned into a freak like Glob they'd want a cure, assuming it was safe and not a part of a larger plot to cause them harm.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-22-2020 at 12:19 PM.

He literally cannot remake it. If Reed Richards is a hero, he will not try to recreate a technology whose sole function is to eradicate a species. I want to think that the reason he did it the first time was because he was not aware of its risks.
    Wow! Relying on Reed Richards good nature to not seek revenge, after being mentally violated by his friend Charles Xavier. If only he Charles had relied on Reed's good nature in the beginning, we wouldn't have this problem.

He literally cannot remake it. If Reed Richards is a hero, he will not try to recreate a technology whose sole function is to eradicate a species. I want to think that the reason he did it the first time was because he was not aware of its risks.
    You’re acting as if Reed went out of his way to eradicate the X-gene which isn’t true.

The technology has that potential, sure, but not as it currently exists.

He was wrong to do it because he was hiding who his son is, but it wasn’t malicious in that way. And he apologised.

Loved Sue doing cool things.

Reed deserved that lesson to be honest. His actions have consequences and it's better he knows now than later when things go wrong. However Charles made a mistake. He should have erased Reeds memory of him doing this because now all Reed has to do us create a device to restore his memories. I hope he's smart enough not to do that but often he's the world's smartest idiot unfortunately.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    You’re acting as if Reed went out of his way to eradicate the X-gene which isn’t true.

The technology has that potential, sure, but not as it currently exists.

He was wrong to do it because he was hiding who his son is, but it wasn’t malicious in that way. And he apologised.
    Xavier was a jerk, no doubt.

But Hank Pym also had very good intentions when he invented Ultron.

BANNED

Code-x seemed to only theoretically be possible down the line to disable the mutant gene, because it's not really designed for it.

Don't really see the purpose of completely deleting that memory instead of just coopting that technology. If it can cloak from the krakoan gates, it can also cloak from sentinels designed to detect the mutant gene. You can just add in an exception for a particular gene sequence that only the mutants know and krakoa can recognize

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, I agree. This is like Sol Hammer or the Stark Sentinels. Reed and Tony are completely free to do what they want without caring about consequences. It was about time someone put one of them in their place.

This event was pointless but I was happy to see the X-Men come out of it as heroes and Sue acknowledging she over reacted (yo anti-Krakoan CBR-ers, even Sue said she did too much).
    Stark sentinels happened because of red onslaught. Sol's hammer is very non specific and atleast saved the world against the shiar forces.
    Technology being coopted is nothing new. Krakoa uses a ton of plant based tech that can be hacked too, by say the cotati or geneticists like toxie doxie . Beast for instance accidentally killed a country in x-force.

Xavier's mindblock here could come later to bite him in the ass. For example if it gets independently discovered, and reed's the only one who can come up with a counter for the ghost gene tech, but he's completely forgotten how it works and xavier can't unscramble it.

Apologies don't solve the fact that it was dangerous. Forge's old friend was a good person but he was used by Verendi to create power dampening tech only because he had the memory of it.

It was dangerous and a bad choice from Reed.

Like I said, with the Illuminati mention, we ought to be cautious of how well the mind wipe would work.

Steve regained his memories rather quickly after the Illuminati took his. And Reed actively knows his mind was tampered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    So human progress should stop then, is that what you're saying? We should no longer dream of what could be, but rather settle for what is? Wow why didn't the mutants just settle for their place in the world, wouldn't everything be better that way?
    We're talking about a technology whose sole function was to hide or erase Gen X. I can think of virtually no legitimate human use of it.

We're talking about a technology whose sole function was to hide or erase Gen X. I can think of virtually no legitimate human use of it.
    Avoid detection from sentinels?

Just got off work and I got to read the issue. The ending was better than I was expecting and I am glad that "Franklin visiting Krakoa" plot has been confirmed, as I called when the mini started. As far as what I learned as a whole from this series: majority of the events from the X-Men's pov were benign and the FF got slightly better after the initial overreaction (thanks, Karen--I mean Sue). Now, for the much talked about scene between Charles and Reed, I suppose. Honestly, Charles and Erik were in the right to threaten Reed seeing that the events of this mini and the reason why mutants find themselves under technological peril are due to the massive irresponsibility of Reed and people like him (Stark-Sol's Hammer, Sentinels, power dampeners, capekillers, etc.). If the tables were turned, posters would be echoing my sentiments towards mutantkind, but here we are, dealing with another form of hypocrisy from flatscans and their supporters. Overall, not a bad ending to an otherwise trash miniseries.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Avoid detection from sentinels?
    Human use. I understand that mutants might want to use it, but what legitimate use can a human have with that? None.

Human use. I understand that mutants might want to use it, but what legitimate use can a human have with that? None.
    Because the guy who made it has a son that is a mutant.