Default Zdarsky's Spiderman

Is such a badass just read the new Daredevil issue today and he made a reappearance talking with Daredevil going back to his word from issue#5 I suggest you guys check it out
    Last edited by Jman27; 07-22-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I wasn't really a fan of how Zdarsky was depicting Peter as constantly needing help or barely accomplishing anything in the first few issues of his Spectacular run, but he has improved a lot since then .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't really a fan of how Zdarsky was depicting Peter as constantly needing help or barely accomplishing anything in the first few issues of his Spectacular run, but he has improved a lot since then .
    I definitely think that issue 6 changed his writing style for Peter to have a lot more autonomy. It wasn't just a change in the story; it was a change in the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I definitely think that issue 6 changed his writing style for Peter to have a lot more autonomy. It wasn't just a change in the story; it was a change in the direction.
    Yeah, I don't disagree, although I feel like that style still perked up a bit too much in #300 for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't disagree, although I feel like that style still perked up a bit too much in #300 for my taste.
    I'll agree; "Amazing Fantasy" definitely changed my opinion of that run.

BANNED

Zdarsky shows Spider-Man from Daredevil's perspective in his run so it's different from showing Peter from within. It's also colored by Matt Murdoch's Daredevil no longer knowing Peter's identity so for him Spider-Man is some enigma and mystery.

It shows of also his versatility...he has shown Peter in different contexts and situation and does Spider-Man stories in many different styles.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was an excellent issue, I could agree, though Daredevil did have something of a point about Spider-Man not necessarily being in a position to condemn his actions from a higher moral ground, never mind that Spidey didn't have the full story (yet) behind DD masking up again. That said, I really do hope this ends with Daredevil and Spider-Man knowing each other's real names again, as I miss the close friendship and camaraderie they had in those days.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was an excellent issue, I could agree, though Daredevil did have something of a point about Spider-Man not necessarily being in a position to condemn his actions from a higher moral ground, never mind that Spidey didn't have the full story (yet) behind DD masking up again. That said, I really do hope this ends with Daredevil and Spider-Man knowing each other's real names again, as I miss the close friendship and camaraderie they had in those days.
    thats true I keep forgetting about the memory wipe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    thats true I keep forgetting about the memory wipe
    First, One More Day. Then, Charles Soule's Daredevil. At least Soule's Daredevil had a better excuse for the genie going back in the bottle than just, "I made a deal with the in-universe equivalent of Satan!" (Yes, I am still and most likely will forever be sour about that.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.