Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Logan wears Mags' helmet pretty well. I love how the artist conveyed that it was still Logan's face under Erik's helmet and how badass the silhouette of Wolverine with claws and Magneto's helmet looks.

Could someone post a summary of the issue?

Really enjoyed this issue. I thought the pacing was maybe a tad quick, but we got some absolutely fantastic art from Adam Kubert (as usual). And like others have pointed out, Logan's explicit attempt to be a better strategist/hero/friend is such welcome growth to the character. I really wanna see more of Jeff Bannister too.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Great issue. Loved Logan’s characterization in this issue. Showed many sides of the character even the under used idea that Logan can come up with a plan to handle a problem not just claw it to death.

Side note am I the only one who thinks the kid Omega speech about the mind power beating the pale girl was like winning an Oscar while doing a back flip . . . A witty nod to an old issue of Wolverine where Forge or Beast describes Logan’s danger room performance as preforming a gold medal winning gymnast routine while playing chess. Or something like that.
    I absolutely thought the same thing and remember that issue. It’s the one where he hooks up with “Jean” in a seedy motel, and it turns out to be Mystique. Issue #51 if memory serves. Right after the big oversized 50th issue. Andy Kubert’s debut on an X-book I think.

As for this issue, freakin’ loved it! For all the reasons people have given here. Love Percy’s characterization of Logan, love his using the broader X-men (Marauders) team, and love the Adam Kubert art. Also, have I mentioned I love seeing him in the brown costume again? And an updated version at that, with no underoos on the outside. Great time to be a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This book just went nuclear for me once it hinted Russia has or is building its own Krakoa. That is some epic geo-politics and could give us some inter mutant wars
    Agreed. I thought that was cool as hell.

Astonishing Member

Plus the pale girl is intriguing, I wonder who she is...is she like the mutant leader of 'Ruskoa'? (hope this monicker sticks) Is she a mummudrai of some Russian telepath? Maybe she's alien.Interesting to say the least

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Enjoyed it, I dont understand how Bannister survived dying last issue?
    He didn't die. We just assumed he did.

I'm trying to figure out what "like Jean, but different" in the data page was supposed to mean?

I've been thinking about Jean too. The easy answers would be Maddie or Phoenix but it doesn't seem like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I'm trying to figure out what "like Jean, but different" in the data page was supposed to mean?
    Could be that instead of controlling your mind like Jean,she controls your soul or spirit.That in a way is equally (if not more)powerful. Though that begs the question why didn't she control Wolverine with the helmet on? Or maybe instead of taking over your mind ,she tricks your own subconscious to take over your conscious mind.She is not the one doing it,you are but she pries open the lock

Many possibilities, the fact that she appears almost like an astral projection(not sure if it is her real form) also suggests she has a different power set to Jean.Maybe she's as ancient as Shadow King...Incredibly intrigued I must say

This was a fun issue. It feels like it took forever to come out, but Percy didn't miss a beat with this. It nicely showed how Wolverine distinguishes himself from those who have been manipulated, used, and weaponized. He has a certain perspective that keeps him focused on what matters most to him. And he makes it work.

Plus, this issue had a lot of Kid Omega. I sincerely hope that Percy includes more Kid Omega in the coming issues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm not even a big Logan fan and this was a good comic. I like how coordinated the X-Office is, this leads to Cable # 2.
    less coordination and more that they're psychics and his last name is summers

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

The solicit for x-force 11 mentions that the Russians may be aligned with Xeno, who made those Domino clones. Maybe the Russians are populating their version of Krakoa with imitations of the x-men and the pale girl is made from Jeans DNA.
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-23-2020 at 04:11 PM.

fun issue, lots of little bits of setup im sure we'll see developed thru x-force and this book itself. gorgeous art too !

still waiting on the pale-girl-is-Jeff's-daughter twist lol. The implication that she's Omega and potentially equivalent to Jean is driving me nuts - in a good way