Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

I wonder if Psylocke II is going to "fix" Kyle and he will morph back into WildHeart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-24-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Kwannon was never meant to be a telepath, she was meant to be an assassin skilled in the Katana Japanese blade.

But I think the writers wanted an 'Asian Betsy' so that's what we got.
    Kwannon was never supposed to exist at all. Periodt. But once they made her it was explicitly said she was a low-level empath/psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is there confusion as to what Kwannon's powers are? She is in Betsy's body and that body had TP/TK. Since we've seen her in action, she's retained those same powers. Its not that difficult
    Truth. I think the only thing I find lazy is that she's given Betsy's abilities but automatically knows how to use them, even though she's never done so before. Like I know she watched Betsy occasionally but how does she know how to fly or use her tk effectively? Lazy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Kwannon was never supposed to exist at all. Periodt. But once they made her it was explicitly said she was a low-level empath/psychic.

Truth. I think the only thing I find lazy is that she's given Betsy's abilities but automatically knows how to use them, even though she's never done so before. Like I know she watched Betsy occasionally but how does she know how to fly or use her tk effectively? Lazy writing.
    She hasnt though. Its been about 9-12 months since she came back in Mystery in Madripoor. When she showed up in Rosenberg's run, she couldnt even speak English bc she was a novice in her TP and was only able to wield a psychic knife. Its been 6 months since that and considering she's joined up with the X-men, its conceivable that she's actually received training such that she knows how to use those powers in a way that she didnt before

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She felt a bit more IDGAF/professional than Betsy here. Like Betsy was good but she is more emotional/she lost control more. Here Kwannon was very tactical and all of that. But yeah we need to see more.

I think that she's got the asian body with Betsy's X-Gene in it. I mean, it's a big mess lol.
    Yeah, for now she just feels like a colder, more rational version of Betsy.

At some point we really need a mini or at least a couple of issues with Betsy and Kwannon in it to clear all these confusion and really establish how different they are from now on.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-24-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Why is there confusion as to what Kwannon's powers are? She is in Betsy's body and that body had TP/TK. Since we've seen her in action, she's retained those same powers. Its not that difficult
    Kwannon is in her original body and NOT Betsy's body.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kwannon_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by ericng; 07-24-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Kwannon is in her original body and NOT Betsy's body.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kwannon_(Earth-616)
    No she's not. Kwannon is in a body created for Betsy by Jamie Braddock. You are confused by her powers by adding in extra that has not been apart of whats been presented

No she's not. Kwannon is in a body created for Betsy by Jamie Braddock. You are confused by her powers by adding in extra that has not been apart of whats been presented
    Yeah the fact Jamie created that body actually makes the fact she has her powers make sense.

The thing that didn't make complete sense was Betsy keeping her whole powerset in the first place after the first swap.

If Kwannon dies, will she get a copy of her original body or of the one Jamie created?

I want more empathy-based (hate hate hate that I'm saying this) feats from kwannon . more off-centre telepathy in general !

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She felt a bit more IDGAF/professional than Betsy here. Like Betsy was good but she is more emotional/she lost control more. Here Kwannon was very tactical and all of that. But yeah we need to see more.
    yes ! Kwannon is stone. cold. in a way Betsy isn't. I think establishing this aspect of her was what FA did best
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 07-24-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If Kwannon dies, will she get a copy of her original body or of the one Jamie created?
    I honestly hope X-Factor covers questions like these. I know some people are kinda annoyed with X-peeds dying all the time in most of the books now, but to me, that puts a lot of potential in the ressurection storylines they can do. Even a psychic fallout for people who had gone through it mutiple times, like QQ.

To be honest, maybe I am saying a heresy but it is Betsy who has to differentiate herself the most. She is now Captain Britain, not the Psylocke who was part of X-Force. Kwannon is acting as expected of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To be honest, maybe I am saying a heresy but it is Betsy who has to differentiate herself the most. She is now Captain Britain, not the Psylocke who was part of X-Force. Kwannon is acting as expected of her.
    The more they do that with Betsy, the less Betsy seems like.....Betsy. Its a disservice to the character. Kwannon should have came back with clear differences besides black hair (which itself was something Betsy had inconsistently). Marvel hasnt done a good job of establishing who Kwannon is and what makes her different than Betsy was before the switch.

She hasnt though. Its been about 9-12 months since she came back in Mystery in Madripoor. When she showed up in Rosenberg's run, she couldnt even speak English bc she was a novice in her TP and was only able to wield a psychic knife. Its been 6 months since that and considering she's joined up with the X-men, its conceivable that she's actually received training such that she knows how to use those powers in a way that she didnt before
    She never spoke English, but it could easily just be that she chose to speak in Japanese because it's her native tongue. It kind of fit the "I'm not giving you guys any information about myself if I don't have to" vibe she had going. She was already able to wield the psychic knife in Rosenberg's run and that was Betsy's (in Kwannon's body) ultimate skill. If she inherited some of Betsy's training then it would be safe to assume she has her language skills as well.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    She never spoke English, but it could easily just be that she chose to speak in Japanese because it's her native tongue. It kind of fit the "I'm not giving you guys any information about myself if I don't have to" vibe she had going. She was already able to wield the psychic knife in Rosenberg's run and that was Betsy's (in Kwannon's body) ultimate skill. If she inherited some of Betsy's training then it would be safe to assume she has her language skills as well.
    In her first scene with the X-men, they were talking to her in English and she was trying to communicate with them, but could only speak Japanese. That wasnt about her trying to hold back. The X-men saw her as an enemy but Wolverine was the only one that was able to understand what she was saying

As for the psychic knife, she used it in Mystery in Madripoor so nothing new there. Its not really a sophisticated skill as she was able to create psychic weapons back when she was Revanche. The more advanced telepathic and telekinetic skills that Betsy had were not present in Rosenberg's run bc she had no formal training. There was a gap to explain why she would be more proficient not. Even the English is likely bc Xavier put that in her so she could communicate with the rest as she wasnt skillfull enough to learn languages on her own using her TP

Considering that mutants can learn Krakoan with a telepath, anyone could teach Kwannon English.