Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hellions #2 spoilers

Well, now we know what Greycrow did to these morlocks at the beach.

We start off with the preview. After the team enters the orphanage, Empath starts fooling around with Nanny's emotions which leads to her trying to 'nurse' Greycrow. Psylocke calls him out on it, but Greycrow has another answer to Manuel and shoots him straight in the head. Havok is understandably a little freaked out by this entire exchange.

The team finds the remaining Marauders clones left at the orphanage, who seem a little... zombified. There's an interesting data page, which I assume is Kwannon's report of the situation (like last issue), where she questions whether the ressurection process could help the already genetically corrupted Marauders.

Maddie comes out of the shadows and seems a little pissed that no one cared about her return in Wood's horrific Sisterhood 2.0 arc. She commands the clones to attack Kwannon's team. There's a funny page after Scrambler messes up Nanny's suit and she falls flat on her face, meaning she can't lift herself up to see what's going on.

In the fight, Havok's powers are being neutered by Prism until Maddie decides it's time to reunite with her former lover (in her own words) and destroys the clone. RT if u cried <3. She uses her magic spells to literally shut Alex up and takes off with him to somewhere else.

With Nanny down, Scrambler also manages to scramble (ha) the Orphanmaker's suit. Greycrow is the last one to go down after he gets fooled by a fake cry for help from one of his former teammates. Kwannon manages to hide and escape, but later she finds herself with a seemingly out of control Wild Child... and cut.

--

A bit more straight-forward than issue one, but still a great read.
    Last edited by nandes; 07-22-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Definitely a very entertaining read. I think the real test of this book will be after this initial arc is done (hopefully Maddie sticks around).

This was excellent, Nanny is the absolute star!

um... who gave Greycrow permission??

Hellions (2020-) 002-010.jpg Hellions (2020-) 002-007.jpg

He used to look like this lol

ScalphunterUncanny.jpg

This book was brilliant. Zeb Wells is such an under rated writer, taking a bunch of B and C list characters and making them shine. Maddy was wonderful, creepy, sexy everything you want in a villainess. I've heard that this book is a secret mini, but I hope the sales warrant an extension because this is great!

This team fell apart about as quickly as I expected and in a spectacular fashion. I'm ready to see how they pull themselves back together next issue.

BANNED

Bless Zeb Wells for his writing. This issue was nearly flawless and the story keeps engaging. I hope someone kills Empath every issue like Percy does it with QQ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    This book was brilliant. Zeb Wells is such an under rated writer, taking a bunch of B and C list characters and making them shine. Maddy was wonderful, creepy, sexy everything you want in a villainess. I've heard that this book is a secret mini, but I hope the sales warrant an extension because this is great!
    Agree, Segovia on art has me hooked and Maddie is a total boss! I really hope this is not a mini,this issue gives X force a run for its money on just two issues!

This was fantastic. From the 3 books I read today ( FF vs XM, Empyre and this ) this was the best one . This has the potential to be the best team book IMO...hopefully it continues to deliver!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    um... who gave Greycrow permission??

Hellions (2020-) 002-010.jpg Hellions (2020-) 002-007.jpg

He used to look like this lol

ScalphunterUncanny.jpg
    That's that resurrection protocol filter.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I loved this. Very solid, Nanny was great, Greycrow looked like a snack, and I'm starting to like Kwannon.

Vertigo to the writer/editors of this book for being excluded in the Marauders lineup: “**** my drag right?”
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's that resurrection protocol filter.
    Lol it is funny to think about whether one would be allowed to choose what their body/hair came out looking like. Even their age. (I'm sure this has been discussed.) Would Forge or Karma some back without needing their respective prostheses? Domino had her injuries healed (missing eye?). Quentin came back with his head.

Anyway, I did notice that they officially dropped Greycrow's old codename (which was still used in issue 01's data page). Definitely for the best! His new costume is ridiculous though. In the first issue, it was still drawn like armor that just covered half of his chest. Not gonna complain about the bare chest, but in this issue it was drawn literally as a half-shirt, right down the middle!

Edit: took another look and it's still armor, but they updated the material on his left arm to give him a little Dazzler half-sleeve and gave him the cape and pants.

Issue 01 -

Hellions (2020-) 001-020.jpg

Issue 02 -

Hellions (2020-) 002-009.jpg
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-22-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

In the preview the only missing ex Marauder was Vertigo. Did she sjouw up at all, or explained why she's not resurrected by Madelyne?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I think it's safe to say this is now my favorite of the X-Books. Greycrow keeping his word to Empath from the first issue was just badass.