Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

As much as i enjoyed seeing Empath get what was coming to him, I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see his reaction to Maddie being back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like how Wells continued the tradition of Prism immediately shattering. So fragile.
    He must be so pissed every time he wakes up in the cloning tubes. You'd think after all these years, Sinister would clone him with some kind of physical resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I really do not care about Wild Child. The rest of the lineup is evoking a lot of 80s Claremont/Simonson nostalgia, but I have no prior attachment to Wild Child. It's not the book's fault, but I just don't care and would have him swapped out for someone else.
    I would've loved Frenzy, Scanner, Unuscione, Siena Blaze, Tempo... anybody over Wild Child.

Extraordinary Member

As much as i enjoyed seeing Empath get what was coming to him, I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see his reaction to Maddie being back.
    I think that’s why he was taken out early. So Maddy can focus on Alex right now.

But later when he’s back, we’ll more of a reaction between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I wonder if they're ever going to explore Gambit's relationship with Sinister (and Greycrow). Gambit hasn't had anything interesting to do in the Krakoan era, with many not enjoying how he's being written in Excalibur. Maybe he should be in this title in some way or form.
    Uhh now I'm sad. Both he and Rogue (being a former villain) would be perfect for this title indeed.

Maddie'll probably resurrect him as a zombie. I mean, her whole thing with him is to control and humiliate him utterly. More comeuppance!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Uhh now I'm sad. Both he and Rogue (being a former villain) would be perfect for this title indeed.
    Coupled with this sexy sexy art too. Oh wells.

This was great. The nursing line, scrambled egg bit, the dig at Wood's lackluster Sisterhood arc and Maddie taking back her boy toy... this was fun. Even the ending cliffhanger was perfect.

Mighty Member

This was quite an interesting issue.

Are Empath and Scalphunter both dead on the second issue?

The scenes with Nanny were quite hilarious.

It's amazing how Zeb Wells could do magic with less-known X-characters. His Hellions is 100 times better than Brisson's New Mutants.

How the heck did Kwannon manage to speak perfect English when she could only speak Japanese when she was introduced. Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by ericng; 07-22-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Omg Gambit would’ve been great for this title.
    I wanted to say he should've been the star, but Havok makes sense based on the Madelyne story they're telling (plus what's been happening to him in recent years). Only the Alex and Kwannon positions are arguably the "not needing too much reforming" roles. So they each serve their purpose and Gambit would be out of place. I was trying to come up with another reason to have him in it since he's so connected.

Maybe they would have worked as the duo overseers, but again Kwannon was chosen for that role. Otherwise, Gambit and Rogue don't fit the "villains needing rehab" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    How the heck did Kwannon manage to speak perfect English when she could only speak Japanese when she was introduced. Doesn't make sense.
    Have we seen anything to imply that she couldn't speak English after her current return? Just as Betsy inherited her fighting skills, it would be logical that Kwannon got a lot of Betsy's skills, the English language being one of them. Plus also on Krakoa, everyone is given the Krakoan language so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to receive any language they desired or needed.

Plus also on Krakoa, everyone is given the Krakoan language so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to receive any language they desired or needed.
    Yes.....it's what I get from it too....

The only thing that is feeling forced and out of place in terms of Kwannon's character for now is how she seems to really know all X-Men and their enemies so well... it's all supposed to be new to her , no?
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-22-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Maybe they would have worked as the duo overseers, but again Kwannon was chosen for that role. Otherwise, Gambit and Rogue don't fit the "villains needing rehab" theme.
    Yeah I meant for the supervisors role! But I'm also enjoying Wells' characterization of Kwannon as the silent takes-no-bullshit type so no complaints there either way

great issue!!! loved it!

yes we need gambit on this book! great idea!

Yeah I meant for the supervisors role! But I'm also enjoying Wells' characterization of Kwannon as the silent takes-no-bullshit type so no complaints there either way
    Yeah I'm sick of them being stuck in Excalibur. Gambit isn't my favorite character in the world, but even I can see he's rotting away in that book... especially with the bright and bubbly art (not a fan). He would be so much more at home in this book.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm sick of them being stuck in Excalibur. Gambit isn't my favorite character in the world, but even I can see he's rotting away in that book... especially with the bright and bubbly art (not a fan). He would be so much more at home in this book.
    After seeing how cool Greycrow is, I want more light on obscure characters.I've had enough of Gambit being thrown at us for decades. I'm glad they kept him out of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    After seeing how cool Greycrow is, I want more light on obscure characters.I've had enough of Gambit being thrown at us for decades. I'm glad they kept him out of this book.
    I hear ya. Like I said, Gambit's not my fav character, but if I have to see him in a book at least have it make sense. That being said, I love when writers can take obscure characters (or even new ones) and just have them develop beautifully. Kind of like what Mike Carey did with Frenzy. I can see this title doing what Carey did for her. And I hope to see a lot of that in Dawn of X.

Forge, Black Tom, and even Sage are getting some good development after being out of the picture for a while. Even Gateway had a great moment in that one issue of X-Force.

Gambit could work here great but won`t happen. Marvel tries us to forget that he was a part of Mutant Massacre.