Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a good, but quick, read. Do we know who the author of the data page is, in story I mean.

When Hellions first got announced, I dismissed it as not looking very interesting or unique (that first cover was just not great), but I think it’s shaping up to be the best of DoX.

Kwannon is getting a voice, and cool moments. And the meta jokes about nobody caring about Maddie’s earlier resurrection was cool. I wonder what she’s gonna do to Alex.

Great issue! Loved the art too. Probably my favourite x series at the moment and after just 2 issues too.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

great issue - fantastic art - loving the Maddie-Alex reunion - is it bad that I hope Kwannon gets killed? 😸😸 they can bring her back but I love seeing the brutal XMen death scenes

Kwannon versus Wildchild is gonna be great next issue

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's not technically a mutant.

Loved the ish. Wild Child is the only thing I'd drop from it. Everything else is peach.

I hope the "legacy" Marauders do get to join Krakoa after all. Prism's already there technically.
    Yeah, I really do not care about Wild Child. The rest of the lineup is evoking a lot of 80s Claremont/Simonson nostalgia, but I have no prior attachment to Wild Child. It's not the book's fault, but I just don't care and would have him swapped out for someone else.

Anyway, this issue was great. Greycrow shooting Empath was awesome, as was Nanny trying to nurse him (Nanny is stealth becoming my new favorite character out of this new era). Love the meta joke that nobody cared about Maddie's last storyline, and at least shes back to her Inferno self. I hope this series lasts a while.

oh my !

this was so good. Great moments from the characters. I guess this is now my favorite book so far. So twisted and messed up. Love it. The art is amazing, Nanny is super funny. Empath is "insuportable". Maddie is crazy and dangerous. Alex is fu#@$d! Wild Child is super scary. Kwannon fits right in as the cold leader of a team of maniacs.

I LOL when Nanny was like "Is he scrambling again?"
    A picture would last longer darling...

Oh My God, I just got it .... Scrambled egg.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I really do not care about Wild Child. The rest of the lineup is evoking a lot of 80s Claremont/Simonson nostalgia, but I have no prior attachment to Wild Child. It's not the book's fault, but I just don't care and would have him swapped out for someone else.

Anyway, this issue was great. Greycrow shooting Empath was awesome, as was Nanny trying to nurse him (Nanny is stealth becoming my new favorite character out of this new era). Love the meta joke that nobody cared about Maddie's last storyline, and at least shes back to her Inferno self. I hope this series lasts a while.
    The part where he was like "I didn't even know that's what was happening. I-..." had me rolling. Honestly, who would've thought Greycrow would become this relatable lol.

I love that Kwannon's personality is instantly felt and separate from Betsy's depiction in the past. I guess Fallen Angels (as bad as it was) laid the groundwork.

I agree Wild Child is the one that sticks out, but it's only issue 02. Honestly, Empath's costume and hair are the only things that feel wrong.

What a great issue!
    >The characterizations feel true and the humour offsets the darkness perfectly. The art is also very nice. Watch out, X-Force! We may have a new fan favourite title here!
    >Orphan Maker getting jealous when Nanny's humping Greycrow's leg and trying to 'nurse' him? *giggles*
    >Greycrow just shooting bleach blonde Empath? Excellent. He had it coming. And extra points for Kwannon only being concerned about paperwork.
    >Second issue today featuring mutant zombies (Mumbies? Zutants?). Writers loved Necrosha, I see.
    >Greycrow's displaced affection for his fellow Marauders is so maladaptively touching.
    >The Marauders getting complicated power descriptions... except Blockbuster: strong guy. The shade.
    >A whole page of Nanny unable to turn over? HilaRious!
    >Maddie is SO going to make Havok worship his queen.
    >Did Wildchild really have to give Kwannon a bloody boob window?

Favourite panels...
    The look on Maddie's face. She's not just annoyed, she's also disgusted.
    h1.jpg
    Whatever gets you off, my queen.
    h2.jpg
    Everything Nanny says and does is SO skeezy. I love it!
    h3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I wonder what she’s gonna do to Alex.
    Oh, we know: BDSM blood play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's not technically a mutant.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-22-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Between Inferno and Hellions, we've had X-Man, Sisterhood, Sinister's multiple clones during AvX and the Arkea return, so her past is extremely confusing and I wouldn't be surprised if Wells sidestepped it but I would love if this is the Madelyne from the Arkea arc and we fill out the gap between then and now.

I like how Wells continued the tradition of Prism immediately shattering. So fragile.

Quick question: has Maddy ever gone directly after Sinister? I remember her showing up in ... I wanna say Fractions UXM and then the all female x book? but Sinister wasn't involved . Her revenge is long overdue! I remember reading that page in X-Factor where Scott ''assembles'' Jean with Maddy's body parts, and she is called a nothing being...and by god, I thought she was gonna make it her sole objective to kill Sinister . He deserves it

I wonder if they're ever going to explore Gambit's relationship with Sinister (and Greycrow). Gambit hasn't had anything interesting to do in the Krakoan era, with many not enjoying how he's being written in Excalibur. Maybe he should be in this title in some way or form.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I wonder if they're ever going to explore Gambit's relationship with Sinister (and Greycrow). Gambit hasn't had anything interesting to do in the Krakoan era, with many not enjoying how he's being written in Excalibur. Maybe he should be in this title in some way or form.
    Omg Gambit would’ve been great for this title.