Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy is Captain America, not Captain Britian.
    When was this established? She's nothing to do with Captain America, how insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    When was this established? She's nothing to do with Captain America, how insulting.
    typo fail 10char

What if they named USAgent Kwannon then?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Yeah they really messed up by giving Kwannon the Psylocke codename. Some are saying it's a slap in the face to Betsy's character, but it's actually a disservice to both. Kwannon had a clean slate to finally become a complete and separate entity. Instead of taking the opportunity to clean up their huge cultural appropriation problem, the editorial staff just prolonged it. Now Kwannon once again is deprived of an identity and just gets the leftovers of another one.

What happens when Betsy ultimately relinquishes the Captain Britain title? I hope X of Swords ends with Betsy and Kwannon coming face-to-face and reconciling all of this crap. Betsy should get back her full telepathic powers, Kwannon keeps the pre-cog/empathic powers (and the costume), and they split the TK (? I dunno lol).

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    What happens when Betsy ultimately relinquishes the Captain Britain title? I hope X of Swords ends with Betsy and Kwannon coming face-to-face and reconciling all of this crap. Betsy should get back her full telepathic powers, Kwannon keeps the pre-cog/empathic powers (and the costume), and they split the TK (? I dunno lol).
    What does that even mean? Betsy has not lost any TP. She still has it in Excalibur and is capable of everything she was before

I think Brian Braddock is not such an important character that we can assume this is a temporary change, like Thor. This may be more of a situation like Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What does that even mean? Betsy has not lost any TP. She still has it in Excalibur and is capable of everything she was before
    I can't recall exaclty, but didn't a writer try to explain that the way they see it is her TP waxes and wanes with her TK levels? I think this was after Uncanny X-Force though and that whole "she's omega level now" that got dropped pretty much right away.

I think Betsy has been portrayed as pretty mid-to-low-level telepathic and telekinetic in recent years and I just want her powers straightened out. All she does with her TK is occasionally lift something and then make a sword and shield. I'm still not super clear on the explanation for how she rebuilt her original body, but I guess that can be considered the last (and only) impressive thing she's done with her powers of late.
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-28-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Loving this book. Who would’ve thought...
    #MagnetoWasRight

when i read the last page i immediately thought of UXM 328 cover and story...

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    lol Geeeeeez that UXM 328 cover...I'm surprised it doesnt read 'MUF SAID!
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Brian Braddock is not such an important character that we can assume this is a temporary change, like Thor. This may be more of a situation like Captain Marvel.
    Yeah, it seems likely that Brian will become a Captain Britain again during X of Swords, and I don't really see why they can't both share the moniker, with Brian acting as a more domestic CB and Betsy being more international/interdimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yeah, it seems likely that Brian will become a Captain Britain again during X of Swords, and I don't really see why they can't both share the moniker, with Brian acting as a more domestic CB and Betsy being more international/interdimensional.
    His new suit looks more like Lionheart.