Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    I actually had to look up what CG was as I had never heard of it until this news story broke. I like Dynamite as a publisher and I'm sad to see people picking on them over their politics. Their books are generally very solid products in my experience.
    I think a way to look at is like this:

They chose to get in bed with folks who have attacked MANY of their employees.
    Heck I know one who attacked the ENTIRE company over a RUMOR about one book.

Now some will point to look at the crowdfunding numbers. Oh you mean the PROOF that if you move beyond the direct market-you can find an audience? A cry that many have screamed about the very books that group have been hostile about?

A CG variant or series under Dynamite was NOT going to bring in those crowdfunding amounts. It couldn't.

PRICE-a crowd funded book is not going for $3.99 on those crowd funded sites. To equal that money-you would need what 50 variants for one issue? And what store would do that?
    There are indy books that AVERAGE 6-10 variant covers an issue. Like Vampire Tramp. I have only seen 1 cover in stores. And she near 100 issues. Even cheesecake Grimm Fairy Tales can't get that many variants in stores.

Audience-crowd funding is open to EVERYONE. The Direct Market is NOT. You are at the MERCY of those 2000 comic book stores. And we all know how they treat books NOT under the DC or Marvel banner.

The risk versus reward was not worth it. Especially when not all the targets of that group have come out publicly.
    What if one of the targets was someone who had INFLUENCE over licenses? Would you want to lose Shaft or Red Sonja to someone else because of that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'll hopefully clear this up.
    The Forums and Main CBR site operate effectively independently. The Forums volunteers don't work on the main site, the main site staff don't have any mod status on the forums.

We have a long standing policy on the forums not to discuss CG, as they are a harassment and hate group and we do not wish to give them any sort of platform. We don't want CGers coming here at all, they are simply not worthy of these forums. If the discussion can be kept to just Dynamite, go for your life. But keep CG out of it as much as you can.
    Wouldn't that apply to the far right too?

Well their crossover event is still happening. I hope things will be okay by then. Red Sonja is better off on her own than Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well their crossover event is still happening. I hope things will be okay by then. Red Sonja is better off on her own than Marvel.
    I can agree because if she was at Marvel would she have had all these books? I mean how many books did Conan average a month?

Anyone read the Dynamite "apology" statement? It pretty much convinced me that Nick Barucci learned to be more careful about what he does with regards to his business. Curious as to how the creators walking away from the company feel about it.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I think he might as well have said nothing.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think he might as well have said nothing.
    That too...

Since another company hired one and NO ONE (including the writer of that comic who has been a target by that group) said a word.

Look up Archie 710 variants. A very nice looking one.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That too...

Since another company hired one and NO ONE (including the writer of that comic who has been a target by that group) said a word.

Look up Archie 710 variants. A very nice looking one.
    I wonder how you can be an artist and less tolerant/open minded than other people. That movement boggles the mind.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Anyone read the Dynamite "apology" statement? It pretty much convinced me that Nick Barucci learned to be more careful about what he does with regards to his business. Curious as to how the creators walking away from the company feel about it.
    It was a non-apology because he's not going to change, just try harder to cover his tracks.