Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Fights that you hated that Spider Man won?

Was there any fight you hated that Spider Man won? For any reasons. It may be illogical, he may have been in the wrong, etc.

Spider-Man vs Firelord. Made no sense.

The one from the Amazing Spider-Man Who am I special. it makes Tony look bad. All around. Writing and the art. Peter made Tony look like a chump. There is no way if Tony was trying that he would be taken down so easily.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-23-2020 at 04:00 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The easiest answer is Firelord.He is completely out of the Spider-man league.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The easiest answer is Firelord.He is completely out of the Spider-man league.
    Firelord is indeed out of Spider-Man's league owing to the fact that he is a chump character and a trash character and Spider-Man beating him over the course of a two-part fight is the single best thing that ever happened to him.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Spider-Man soloing all the X-Men in Secret Wars.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That time that Spider-Man beat Venom (Eddie Brock) easily because "i always was stronger than you!" back in that awfull Venom solo.

Maybe him dancing around the X-Men a tad to easily.

The Firelord figth was cool thougth, even if the result makes no sense.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I kinda prefer Spidey winning fights or showing off compared to jobbing or looking like a fool in a fight personally, even if it stretches credibility a little.

the firelord story is bad
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda prefer Spidey winning fights or showing off compared to jobbing or looking like a fool in a fight personally, even if it stretches credibility a little.
    I have to agree. It kind of feels restrictive of the characters. Not only Spidey.

Lightbulb

Firelord, realistically, Spidey shouldn't have beaten him in the manner he did (or at all, IMO). His underdog win over Juggernaut made sense given the circumstances (Spidey basically outsmarted him) whereas his win over Firelord made no sense (Spidey basically outfought him).
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-24-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

the firelord story is a play by play knockoff of the juggernaut fight without the best part of the juggernaut fight, which is that all of the desperate attempts to stand a chance culminated in the hero using his head and some luck to win not by really beating the villain, but stopping their ability to do harm

in the end it still left juggernaut as a strong enemy who could clean peter's clock, and upped his status as a villain because the struggle to defeat him made him come out looking MORE intimidating and powerful

this is why juggernaut is the perfect underdog action story and firelord is just bad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the firelord story is a play by play knockoff of the juggernaut fight without the best part of the juggernaut fight, which is that all of the desperate attempts to stand a chance culminated in the hero using his head and some luck to win not by really beating the villain, but stopping their ability to do harm

in the end it still left juggernaut as a strong enemy who could clean peter's clock, and upped his status as a villain because the struggle to defeat him made him come out looking MORE intimidating and powerful

this is why juggernaut is the perfect underdog action story and firelord is just bad
    Attachment 99133

10chars
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Dude, you really can't tolerate dissent, can you? This latest habit of replying with memes is very obnoxious.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."