Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Fights that you hated that Spider Man won?

Was there any fight you hated that Spider Man won? For any reasons. It may be illogical, he may have been in the wrong, etc.

Spider-Man vs Firelord. Made no sense.

The one from the Amazing Spider-Man Who am I special. it makes Tony look bad. All around. Writing and the art. Peter made Tony look like a chump. There is no way if Tony was trying that he would be taken down so easily.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-23-2020 at 04:00 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The easiest answer is Firelord.He is completely out of the Spider-man league.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The easiest answer is Firelord.He is completely out of the Spider-man league.
    Firelord is indeed out of Spider-Man's league owing to the fact that he is a chump character and a trash character and Spider-Man beating him over the course of a two-part fight is the single best thing that ever happened to him.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Spider-Man soloing all the X-Men in Secret Wars.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Spider-Man vs Firelord. Made no sense.
    Not if you put into account that Spider-Man's cosmic powers (of Captain Universe) was responsible. The symbiote might have awakened them. This is how Spider-Man was able to defeat Firelord.

Those powers later returned to help Spidey to defeat Titania.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-17-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not if you put into account that Spider-Man's cosmic powers (of Captain Universe) was responsible. The symbiote might have awakened them. This is how Spider-Man was able to defeat Firelord.

Those powers later returned to help Spidey to defeat Titania.

All of that is nonsense.

The costume Spidey wore when fighting Firelord isn't the symbiote. It's just a regular costume that looks like the symbiote, which would be extra weak to Firelord in general anyway.

Spider-man had cosmic powers only because the Enigma force attached itself to him for that one storyline. They're not innate to him.

There is no relation between the symbiote and the Enigma force.

Maybe he tapped into his Spider-totem powers? (Solus killed Cosmic Captain Universe Spidey, and then Kaine with his "Other" powers killed Solus.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Was there any fight you hated that Spider Man won? For any reasons. It may be illogical, he may have been in the wrong, etc.
    I actually have one instance and Spider-Man and ( or) Peter was NOT in the wrong: Avengers 11. Titled Along Came A Spider: Kang creates a robot Spider-Man, who defeats the Avengers, but who shows up and defeats the robot and saves the Avengers? The real Spider-Man. You mean the robot can defeat the entire Avengers, but lose to Spider-Man? I am pro Spider-Man and anti Avengers, but that is something I cannot believe actually happened.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I actually have one instance and Spider-Man and ( or) Peter was NOT in the wrong: Avengers 11. Titled Along Came A Spider: Kang creates a robot Spider-Man, who defeats the Avengers, but who shows up and defeats the robot and saves the Avengers? The real Spider-Man. You mean the robot can defeat the entire Avengers, but lose to Spider-Man? I am pro Spider-Man and anti Avengers, but that is something I cannot believe actually happened.
    And the robot Spider-Man even came back in an issue of Spider-Man Team-Up during the 90s while Ben Reilly was Spider-Man. Still, I think Avengers 11 was an early sign of just how badly many in the Marvel Universe have come to underestimate the web-slinger.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And the robot Spider-Man even came back in an issue of Spider-Man Team-Up during the 90s while Ben Reilly was Spider-Man. Still, I think Avengers 11 was an early sign of just how badly many in the Marvel Universe have come to underestimate the web-slinger.
    You are correct, Spider-Man has always been under appreciated. I think one reason is because of his quips, most people in the Marvel Universe ( heroes and villains alike) do not take him seriously. One thing is this: In his greatest victories he is relentless. Juggernaut, Firelord, Ock ( ASM 33), and Rhino ( the issue where Rhino put him in the hospital), he simply would not quit, which is why he won. That said there are exceptions. For example:The Fantastic Four take him seriously, because they understand him ( probably because Ben Grimm also throws out one liners and Johnny Storm is his best friend in the superhero world). One other point: Avengers 11 was also a rare opportunity for Jack Kirby to actually draw Spider-Man in a comic. For that reason alone, it should be better known.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One thing is this: In his greatest victories he is relentless. Juggernaut, Firelord, Ock ( ASM 33), and Rhino ( the issue where Rhino put him in the hospital), he simply would not quit, which is why he won.
    Peter is relentless, smart and sneaky. That combination.is the.key to.his victory.
    Relentless alone is a nigh-universal hero trait in pretty much every.medium. In Marvel itself, from Captain America to Hulk has refused to give up in terms of unbelievable odds

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    A single character "holding his own" against Juggernaut is still a pretty big feat. 80's Spider-Man was also facing down villains such as Mr. Hyde and the Wrecker and his Wrecking Crew, characters originally designed to give Thor a bad day.
    I don't know where you got your info, but none of them were an actual threat to Thor. In the same arc that Hyde first appeared, Thor mudstomped him in way less than a minute. Wrecker beat up a weakened Thor. Once Thor was at full strength he demolished him. Every time they looked good against him had context
    Spider-Man has also held his own against a team of X-Men on a few occasions and a Spider-Man robot duplicate created by Kang trounced the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Giant Man And Wasp) only for the real Spider-Man to show up and save the day.
    And many of them has taken on and even defeated him solo. On multiple occasions.
    Maybe you are just seriously underestimating the ol' Webhead?
    Could it be just that you are overestimating him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 issue 1 ended with the Fantastic Four concerned that a teenager was "so blamed strong, how strong'll he be when he gets older?" I assumed that 80's Spider-Man titles were following that train of logic as he WAS now older and was often now pitted against more powerful rogues from other franchises. (Juggernaut, Absorbing Man and Titania, etc.)
    Fair enough
    So I didn't have a problem with his win over Firelord.
    Of course you won't

If anything, I am more annoyed that they rolled back a lot of that character growth in an attempt to bring him back to his teenage years.
    Spidey is not the only one to suffer from that

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because it's silly. Even back then many members of the Avengers had already shown to operate in levels that Spider-Man can only hope to be a minor help at. I honestly dont think Spider-Man gets little respect, if anything it's the other way around, books outside of his normal area tend to treat him good, sometimes maybe pay him too much respect like that issue in particular. Nowadays the differences have become even more obvious with time.

Spider-Man is a great character, but that doesnt mean he is in the same weight-class as many of his fellow heroes. Especially when you see their adventures in their due context.