Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

As a big Matthew Rosenberg fan, I'm really happy to see him involved as a co-writer for some of these issues (presumably as the scripter). Always wanted to see how he would handle Spider-Man, outside of the couple cameos here and there, so finally getting the chance to see that as well as throwing in all the other Spiders getting involved (which I still remain a big fan of) is very exciting.

Though Amazing Mary Jane and the Silk book still being delayed is disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As a big Matthew Rosenberg fan, I'm really happy to see him involved as a co-writer for some of these issues (presumably as the scripter). Always wanted to see how he would handle Spider-Man, outside of the couple cameos here and there, so finally getting the chance to see that as well as throwing in all the other Spiders getting involved (which I still remain a big fan of) is very exciting.

Though Amazing Mary Jane and the Silk book still being delayed is disappointing to me.
    Rosenberg's work on Hawkeye: Freefall has been one of my favorites, so we're in for a treat.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Rosenberg's work on Hawkeye: Freefall has been one of my favorites, so we're in for a treat.
    Thanks, I've been meaning to read Hawkeye: Freefall for the Spider-Man guest appearances, though also because it sounds like a compelling story for Hawkeye himself. And yes, I, too, am disappointed we're still not getting Amazing MJ or Silk yet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Spider-Gwen, or Ghost Spider, was going to university in the 616 universe, but because of events in her own series is now permanently in 616.
    So basically Miles 2.0 except she has the same face as Peter's dead girl. What cause her to move in the 616 permanently and does she even go by Gwen Stacy still?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The Gleason ASM#51 cover is some blacklight delight.

Speaking of that, I saw the original art to Paulo Siqueria's cover to #10 (yet unsolicited) was sold to somebody and they mention that it's been canceled. Not sure what they know but I'm hoping the series gets to finish its run unlike Scream getting pulled with several issues in the can... https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1649639

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So basically Miles 2.0 except she has the same face as Peter's dead girl. What cause her to move in the 616 permanently and does she even go by Gwen Stacy still?
    She still goes by Gwen Stacy. As for her reasoning for staying, she was blackmailed by Sue and Johnny Storm from her universe and was forced to stay. Her identity was already also public in her own universe too.

I'm also really surprised at no Black Cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I don't think they actually went into too much detail about the nitty gritty of Gwen being in 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Speaking of that, I saw the original art to Paulo Siqueria's cover to #10 (yet unsolicited) was sold to somebody and they mention that it's been canceled. Not sure what they know but I'm hoping the series gets to finish its run unlike Scream getting pulled with several issues in the can... https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1649639
    I think the general consensus was that the series was extended to issue #10 and would then end at that issue. I hope they wouldn't end the series after the cliffhanger in issue #6, and I think the new artist posted some finished art with inks and colors.

I'm curious what the story is for #10 that would warrant MJ in sexy sci-fi garb and a lot of guns.

The Gleason ASM#51 cover is some blacklight delight.

oh my MJ that art! sucks that her story is canceled
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Huh, I would think if it was outright cancelled they would've said by now, like what happened with Scream, so I hope they can clarify eventually. I feel like because there's only 4 issues left, it did decently enough sales wise, #6 ended on that cliffhanger, and that it is, supposedly, connected toward the main book, that they'd want to find some way to get it out there, whether it's physically or digitally.

Same thing with Daily Bugle and Gwen Stacy, which I assume due to being mini-series with only 3 issues left, they might be waiting for the best time to release them, rather then just cancelling them after only 2 issues.

Huh, I would think if it was outright cancelled they would've said by now, like what happened with Scream, so I hope they can clarify eventually. I feel like because there's only 4 issues left, it did decently enough sales wise, #6 ended on that cliffhanger, and that it is, supposedly, connected toward the main book, that they'd want to find some way to get it out there, whether it's physically or digitally.

Same thing with Daily Bugle and Gwen Stacy, which I assume due to being mini-series with only 3 issues left, they might be waiting for the best time to release them, rather then just cancelling them after only 2 issues.
    Maybe they'll time the release for when Spencer plans on bringing MJ back to the main book.

ASM 50 & 51 - skipping the tie in issues.
    Spiderman Noir 5 (of 5) - so glad this didn't go digital
    Spiderwoman 5

Rosenberg is bad news. His X-men runs were terrible.
    Some of the concepts had potential, but his execution never lived up.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Rosenberg is bad news. His X-men runs were terrible.
    Some of the concepts had potential, but his execution never lived up.
    It's kinda sad the X-Men run now defines him.

Before that, almost everyone agreed he was a pretty solid writer. Not great, but he delivered fun and good stories on his runs of Secret Warriors, Punisher and his New Mutants mini. I've also heard nothing but praise for his Hawkeye: Freefall mini.

I would compare him to Spencer to a degree. Both writers considered good to solid (althought Rosenberg hasn't done a GREAT series like Superior Foes), until one badly received run in a big series (X-Men for Rosenberg, HydraCap and Secret Empire for Spencer) pretty much tarnished their reputations and made any fan tremble when hearing that they're writing a new series with their favs.

Overall, I do like Rosenberg, his X-Men feels like a misstep compared to the rest of his bibliography. This time he will have editorial oversight (he has stated that during the time everyone was focused on Hickman's arrival, so editorial just told the writers to do "whatever they wanted") and Spencer is the main architect of the series, he will just execute it. I'm sure we'll get the Rosenberg fron Secret Warriors and New Mutants than the Rosenberg from X-Men.

I get the feeling they'll release the Silk series after this event. She will play part in this, so it would make sense to spin it off from this point.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 07-23-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    ASM 50 & 51 - skipping the tie in issues.
    Spiderman Noir 5 (of 5) - so glad this didn't go digital
    Spiderwoman 5
    If "Hunted" is any indication, I would bet the tie-in issues are actually really important to the overall story.

BANNED

Hey whatever happened to Non-Stop Spider-Man, is that still on?

That was this title announced to be written by Jim Kelly I think. Another second series. Did that get cancelled or delayed? It was announced in February Pre-Lockdown and said to come out in June. Now it seems to be absent altogether.