Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If not for pandemic, Last Remains would be happening right about now. So it's unfair to claim that "kindred thing is being futher dragged until October and beyond" because that wasn't the original intention of Spencer or Marvel.

And if you doubt that. Consider that ASM, published twice-a-month issued ASM#42 in the end of March, the last normal NCBD. Then ASM#43 (conclusion of the Gog arc) came in the end of May, and ASM#44 came out in July.

In normal conditions, it would have been ASM#43 and #44 (April), #45 and #46 (May), #47 and #48 (June), and #49 and #50 (July).

So yeah, in the normal circumstances, we would have seen Last Remains' opening issue either this week or next week.
    I understand your point but Marvel and Image seemed to be the only two big companies that didn't publish their best selling books for those 3 months. DC was still putting out Batman and DC Comics and Superman and Justice League and Wonder Woman. The big Joker War storyline just started this past Tuesday. I get that COVID is a huge deal (I am not a covid denier and I live in NYC so I'm fully aware of the situation) but movies were being released on streaming services, video games were still coming out and even professional wrestling were still happening but Disney/Marvel seemed to not want to distribute their books digitally. It just blows my mind but of course this will be viewed as insensitive or wrong and people will gloss over that I said I'm from NYC and fully understand the COVID problem (it's happened the last two times I mentioned this)

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I understand your point but Marvel and Image seemed to be the only two big companies that didn't publish their best selling books for those 3 months. DC was still putting out Batman and DC Comics and Superman and Justice League and Wonder Woman. The big Joker War storyline just started this past Tuesday. I get that COVID is a huge deal (I am not a covid denier and I live in NYC so I'm fully aware of the situation) but movies were being released on streaming services, video games were still coming out and even professional wrestling were still happening but Disney/Marvel seemed to not want to distribute their books digitally. It just blows my mind but of course this will be viewed as insensitive or wrong and people will gloss over that I said I'm from NYC and fully understand the COVID problem (it's happened the last two times I mentioned this)
    I don't think it's insensitive to want content during a pandemic, but the situations aren't the exact same in my opinion. With Marvel and Image, they were standing in solidarity with Diamond, which had shut down during the pandemic. DC on the other hand, due to a number of reasons, said "forget it" and decided to go ahead with publishing anyway (they had already been doing some things aside from Diamond anyway). So yeah, while people got their books of Batman and Superman and Justice League, they also alienated a lot of comic shops and retailers, as well as Diamond themselves, putting them on the #1 hate list for a lot of people. It was a risky business move that Marvel couldn't really afford. Disney was furloughing employees left and right and Marvel was included in that.

As for the other industries, well that's not really a fair comparison either. Movies being released on streaming services were already made and ready for theaters, but just pivoted to streaming (and even that's not perfect, if situations like Tenet are to be seen). Video games are video games - you don't have to even leave your house to order and play them. Professional wrestling...? I got nothing there.

But I cannot imagine what it's like to live in NYC during this pandemic. I imagine it's been stressful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I understand your point but Marvel and Image seemed to be the only two big companies that didn't publish their best selling books for those 3 months.
    I think a better phrasing is that DC was the only major company that published their books for those 3 months. If the majority of publsihers, for better and for worse, stood with Diamond, including Marvel the industry leader...I think it's DC who is out of the ordinary rather than Marvel or Image as you imply.

I get that COVID is a huge deal (I am not a covid denier and I live in NYC so I'm fully aware of the situation) but movies were being released on streaming services, video games were still coming out and even professional wrestling were still happening but Disney/Marvel seemed to not want to distribute their books digitally. It just blows my mind but of course this will be viewed as insensitive or wrong and people will gloss over that I said I'm from NYC and fully understand the COVID problem (it's happened the last two times I mentioned this)
    Again if your issues are with Marvel choosing to not go digital...then that's fair, legit, and I understand that.

But again the editors and writers of Spider-Man had no say on that. When you say, "this story is being dragged on till october" you make it sound like this is the Clone Saga which was intentionally delayed and extended past the intended endpoint.

This wasn't Spencer's intent or that of the editors. So I think you should cut them slack for this. This is absolutely not their fault or their call.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the name sounds way too formal for this group. But I'm thinking it's a way to have the "Spider-Man Family" be a consistent presence, especially when they haven't shown up much at all in this run.
    I wonder if it's less trying to make them a consistent presence and more trying to showcase them to spinoff more books.

Forgive me for saying this but man I hate the other Spider heroes lol. I was hoping this kindred arc would just be between him and Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Forgive me for saying this but man I hate the other Spider heroes lol. I was hoping this kindred arc would just be between him and Peter.
    I don't hate them, but it feels weird seeing them get involved now.

When did the Spider-Man JJ Abrams is doing issue #4 come out? I must have missed it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    When did the Spider-Man JJ Abrams is doing issue #4 come out? I must have missed it.
    Marvel has it solicited for September.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it's less trying to make them a consistent presence and more trying to showcase them to spinoff more books.
    The way the covers paint it looks like Spencer will indeed isolate Peter for this story. The red eyes are a dead giveaway. Whoever Kindred is, they're definitely feeling similarly to you guys about "too many Spider-people."

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Marvel has it solicited for September.
    Thanks so much for the info.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Thanks so much for the info.
    You're welcome!

i feel weird with Jessica Drew I dont know nothing about Anya and I dont understand the constant use of Spider-Gwen is she in our universe? Dont she have her own problems?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i feel weird with Jessica Drew I dont know nothing about Anya and I dont understand the constant use of Spider-Gwen is she in our universe? Dont she have her own problems?
    Spider-Gwen, or Ghost Spider, was going to university in the 616 universe, but because of events in her own series is now permanently in 616.

Incredible Member

They've let Abrams into the Marvel verse are they mad, have they not seen the damage he has done to Star Trek and Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    They've let Abrams into the Marvel verse are they mad, have they not seen the damage he has done to Star Trek and Star Wars
    As polarizing as both of those franchises are, I will say Abrams was at least partly responsible for rejuvenating them.
    In any case, this Spider-Man series is actually entirely out-of-continuity, so there's no damage to the larger Marvel 616 universe.