Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ASM 50 & 51 - We will find out Kindred's ID in 50 or at least some teases?
    Avengers 37
    Immortal Hulk 38 & 39
    Spiderman Noir 5 (of 5)
    Spiderwoman 5
    Venom 29

FANTASTIC FOUR #670 (Lots of buzz about this)
    FANTASTIC FOUR ANTITHESIS #3 (Neil Adams doing FF, and I don't have to spring for a copy of Avengers 93)
    DOCTOR DOOM #8 (Some good Vic)
    SPIDER-MAN: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS #1 (Howard Chaylin Spidey? Sure)!

And what's up with no Steven STrange solo book?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’ve been enjoying X-Men, New Mutants and Excalibur but I’ll probably be dropping them with this swords thing going on. Not a fan of these type of events sound I probably don’t have the budget for it.

Might check out Spider-Woman and the 40K book.

Great news that Aaron’s Conan is getting a nice hardcover collection.

A big month for....Reprints.

TRUE BELIEVERS: INTRODUCING THE BLACK WIDOW #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW – RED GUARDIAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW & DAREDEVIL #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW & THE AMAZING SPIDER–MAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW – AMAZING ADVENTURES #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: BLACK WIDOW & THE THING #1
    AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: HEAVY METAL TPB
    FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: AT WAR WITH ATLANTIS TPB

Captain America #24
    Daredevil #23
    Falcon and Winter Soldier #4
    Cable #5

Astonishing Member

SPIDER-MAN: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR #25
    FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS #3 (of 4)
    JUGGERNAUT #2 (OF 5)
    MAESTRO #3 (of 5)
    IMMORTAL HULK #38
    IMMORTAL HULK #39
    AVENGERS #37

The Amazing Spider-Man stories look cool but getting those comics will make me go over my budget for comics.So i will see if i get the stories in singles or in TPB.
    The Black Cat comic book is not in the solicitations !

And i will be adding to my wishlist the Wolverine and the Uncanny X-men Vol.4 Omnibuses.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Strange Academy #4
    Daredevil #23
    X-Force #13
    Marauders #13
    New Mutants #13
    Excalibur #13
    Hellions #5
    X-Force #13
    X-Men #13
    X of Swords: Stasis #1
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Spider-Man #51 (not really getting the whole storyline, but I love Spidey/Dr. Strange team-ups)
    Warhammer 40K: Magneus Calgar #1
    Fantastic Four #25
    Black Widow #2
    Shang-Chi #2
    Werewolf by Night #1
    Immortal Hulk #38 & 39
    Avengers #37
    Captain America #24
    Guardians of the Galaxy #7

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    And what's up with no Steven STrange solo book?
    My question, too: We have Strange Academy, but no Doctor Strange????? What's up with that?
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    My question, too: We have Strange Academy, but no Doctor Strange????? What's up with that?
    The Young/Ramos team doesn't appeal to me so Strange Academy isn't on my list. The Strange solo is off for the econd month in a row which considering the circumstances of life this year might not mean anything, but it's stressing me somewhat.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Oh boy... my wallet is not ready for this.

Definitely:
    WOLVERINE #6 - This looks like a parody cover and I'm here for it
    X-FORCE #13
    MARAUDERS #13 - Maybe that's gonna be Jean's new suit and it's not just a Dauterman thing? Please?
    HELLIONS #5 - Ngl, Segovia has sold me on Psylocke with black hair. In Fallen Angels it just looked boring, but Segovia makes it work. Also, I find it funny that Jean is the variant for this series given Madelyne's presence in it. Also, I guess the X of Swords covers are just "have a main character hold a sword", even though... I don't think Kwannon's swords have any significance to her or anything?
    NEW MUTANTS #13
    CABLE #5 - Oh wait... Cable isn't doing it. Though I guess he did it on a previous cover already. Also, ugh, Noto why are you using the old Jean suit?
    EXCALIBUR #13
    X-MEN #13
    X OF SWORDS: STASIS #1
    WEB OF VENOM: EMPYRE’S END #1
    VENOM #29 - Ultimate Knull? If Cates wants to be a twisty boy, Ultimate Flash Thompson?
    THOR #8 - Not the turn I expected Cates' run to take (even considering that (variant?) cover from way back witht he Avengers all grabbing Mjolnir), especially given his usual trappings, but his small scale stuff can be good too, like the second arc of Venom and, well, all of Redneck, so I'm keen.

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC ROMITA JR. COVER (DM ONLY) - YES! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! I thought they were just going to stop doing these because of the eventual crossover onslaught! I am so glad they're keeping these going. Also, no shade to Silva, but I'm surprised they didn't get Pepe Larraz for the regular cover.
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN BY AARON & ASRAR HC - Glad I didn't get the trades during quarantine!
    NEW MUTANTS BY ED BRISSON VOL. 1 TPB - **** yeah. I really like Brisson's work on this series, especially the first arc and whenever he does stuff with Boom-Boom.

Maybe:
    THE RISE OF ULTRAMAN #2 (Of 5) - If the first issue is good.
    THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE CONAN UNIVERSE ANNIVERSARY EDITION - If it's not in one of the omnibi.

NEW WARRIORS CLASSIC OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC YOUNG COVER (NEW PRINTING) - Kinda wanted this last tiem around but it wasn't a priority... and it still isn't, in all honesty.
    EMPYRE: X-MEN TPB - I'm avoiding getting any Hickman X-Men trades because I can tell it'll get an omnibus or twenty, but I don't know if this of all things would be included.
    CABLE BY GERRY DUGGAN VOL. 1 TPB - Really liked the first issue, but not sure if I'll also get the trades.
    WOLVERINE BY BENJAMIN PERCY VOL. 1 TPB - First issue was okay but didn't feel the need to follow a Wolverine ongoing. Might read a bit more before deciding whether or not I'll get the trade.
    HELLIONS BY ZEB WELLS VOL. 1 TPB - Not sure if I'll get the single issues and trades, but it is a fun series so far.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 9: SINS RISING TPB - I'm kinda really over Spencer's writing style and the constant teasing with Kindred.
    DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: LAST RITES TPB - I know Nocenti was apparently good once upon a time, but her modern stuff makes me question how good she was.
    VENOM EPIC COLLECTION: SYMBIOSIS TPB - Some good stuff in here and it's better than the Spider-Man vs. Venom omnibus from a few years back.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 07-25-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Spencer's ability to kill my interest in his Spidey run with one-shots and decimal issues is astounding. I still haven't finished Hunted because of all that crap! Also, the Kindred stuff is so fucking out of focus and it's all I care about.

I genuinely didn't recognise Jess at first on that TASM #50.LR (ugh) cover. The variant is very nice though.

Oh yeah... the Abrams Spidey comic exists.

Miles Clone Saga... huh.

Can we just get Zdarsky on FF already? Slott's run has done nothing but annoy me, for the most part.

I still don't know if the white-suited blonde on the Black Widow variant is meant to be Yelena or just a recoloured Nat for some reason... or Emma Frost? I don't know, all of J. Scott Campbell's women look the same, even considering that it's not too uncommon for comic artists, Campbell is on another level.

Man, the delays have really killed Savage Avengers' momentum.

I am not keen on Shang-Chi's new, probably MCU-inspired outfit. He looks like a discount Robin.

That Werewolf by Night variant by Jeffrey Veregge is kinda dope.

So is that Captain America #24 cover.

Doctor Doom got nominated for an Eisner?! I mean, I don't put too much into that, but... wow! Things must've really improved since the first issue, which I found to be very mediocre.

So... Outlawed is cancelled, right? But then... it's listed as a credit for Eve Ewing? I mean... there was a one-shot, I guess? Also, it's a mini now? Jeez...

Good to see a DD/Spidey team-up again. Can they, like, reveal their identities again? Because... come on. It'd also give great Black Cat banter potential! Also, EISNER-NOMINATED AS WELL?! Well, this was pretty good when I read it, so fair enough. I just omnibus-wait DD at this point. I love the shadow of Matt's stubble btw; Checchetto really loves stubbly Matt.

Glad to see Marvel are finally reprinting the Brubaker Cap omnibi! Coincidentally, just as I'm about to get the Return of Winter Soldier one and finish off my set.

An X-Men Disassembled hardcover? Really?! I have yet to find a single person, online or irl, who likes this story. The trade seems to not sell at all, so... yeah, why? They could've at least included the follow=up Rosenberg stuff... that also wasn't good, but still!

I love how iWolverine of all things gets top billing in the Iron Man 2020 trade as opposed to either of the two established Iron Man characters. Did these titles sell that badly?

I get that the GN-TPBs are mostly for younger readers and stuff but that Shuri cover is just... a weird choice.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can’t wait til Widow finally gets released. I’m ready for my monthly fix of Natasha.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Oof. 22 books for me. That’s going to be a big month for me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Immortal Hulk
    Venom
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    Shang Chi
    Thor

I really, really want to Swords of X but that’s just way too many comics for me to justify gettingz