Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Still a confusing post! Is his chest less durable then his face?? If he cant hurt one, how does he hurt the other?

If I can't hurt a Gorilla with my punches, that pretty much immediately excludes me from ripping its chest open as well lol.
    It might be useful to explain it in Buffy mechanics. Basically vampires in Buffy are super tough when it comes to blunt force trauma. Angel gets up from dropping off a skyscraper, they can be knocked hundreds of feet and get up just fine. But that applies to punches and kicks (as far as 90's special effects goes), and is completely different from something grabbing a limb and dismembering them (which happened with a vampire and another superstrong Buffy opponent, Adam, who had no problems whatsoever grabbing said vamp's head and pulling it off). As the ubervamp is specifically just a vamp (but uber), all of this still applies.

Sooo... if Drax just punches and kicks at a Buffy vampire without specifically going for dismembering, and barring racial weaknesses like wood to the heart, all he'll be doing is jack and squat. But if he actually tries to grab a limb and pull it apart, or reach inside (an admittedly reinforced) chest cavity and pull out the thing's heart, that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    It might be useful to explain it in Buffy mechanics. Basically vampires in Buffy are super tough when it comes to blunt force trauma. Angel gets up from dropping off a skyscraper, they can be knocked hundreds of feet and get up just fine. But that applies to punches and kicks (as far as 90's special effects goes), and is completely different from something grabbing a limb and dismembering them (which happened with a vampire and another superstrong Buffy opponent, Adam, who had no problems whatsoever grabbing said vamp's head and pulling it off). As the ubervamp is specifically just a vamp (but uber), all of this still applies.

Sooo... if Drax just punches and kicks at a Buffy vampire without specifically going for dismembering, and barring racial weaknesses like wood to the heart, all he'll be doing is jack and squat. But if he actually tries to grab a limb and pull it apart, or reach inside (an admittedly reinforced) chest cavity and pull out the thing's heart, that would work.
    Thank you. I was starting to feel like a crazy person for not understanding.

I dont know much about Buffy stuff.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post

To further clarify, it's not a matter of "toughness," it's just that their nature as un-dead beings means they can't be killed by things that would kill living creatures. For example BTVS vampires can't drown. Likewise stabbing them in the heart with a regular knife won't kill them, but stabbing them in the heart with a piece of wood will.

So yeah, Drax couldn't beat it to death but he can certainly rip its head off.

The scary part is that it's possible the Ubervamp is smarter than Drax. Sure, Drax can speak but that just makes him seem more stupid.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    To further clarify, it's not a matter of "toughness," it's just that their nature as un-dead beings means they can't be killed by things that would kill living creatures. For example BTVS vampires can't drown. Likewise stabbing them in the heart with a regular knife won't kill them, but stabbing them in the heart with a piece of wood will.

So yeah, Drax couldn't beat it to death but he can certainly rip its head off.
    Now that you mention it, didn't the Angel series show that ripping out a vampire's heart would kill them, but only after around a day and it would give them a power up for that entire time as well? Or did that entail a specific ritual?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Now that you mention it, didn't the Angel series show that ripping out a vampire's heart would kill them, but only after around a day and it would give them a power up for that entire time as well? Or did that entail a specific ritual?
    Specific ritual.

The ubervamp could try biting drax.

Incredible Member

Drax in the comics is right now classed at about 50T. I think that strength works right on what we've seen him do in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Drax in the comics is right now classed at about 50T. I think that strength works right on what we've seen him do in the MCU.
    Have you seen the kind of stuff a Class 50 character can do? We’re talking comics versions of Classic Rogue, Classic Carol Danvers, Vision etc. level.

When in the movies has MCU Drax shown anything remotely like that level of strength? Has he even shown Class 10 strength? Because I can’t remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Have you seen the kind of stuff a Class 50 character can do? We’re talking comics versions of Classic Rogue, Classic Carol Danvers, Vision etc. level.

When in the movies has MCU Drax shown anything remotely like that level of strength? Has he even shown Class 10 strength? Because I can’t remember it.
    The answer would be never. He has never shown strength on that level. Durability, perhaps.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    If MCU Drax was class 50, I wouldn't have put him in a fight with the Ubervamp - because I'm not an absolute goon. Hope that helps.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Meanwhile, Drax is only stunned from being smacked by a spaceship going at ramming speed and just laughed uproariously as he was being bounced off/dragged through multiple trees at the speed of a spaceship crashing from orbit. His strength is more nebulous, but he seems at least as strong as Gamora (possibly stronger, since he seemed to overpower her in the prison once she put the knives down, but I don't know if she had started resisting yet), and she was able to grab onto his snapped tether and keep him attached to the ship during the crashing spaceship scene.
    There are times when I feel that Gamora's feat of picking up a ship's cannon larger than a SmartCar and opening fire with it while walking - all done seemingly effortlessly - is her best strength feat. *shrugs*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are times when I feel that Gamora's feat of picking up a ship's cannon larger than a SmartCar and opening fire with it while walking - all done seemingly effortlessly - is her best strength feat. *shrugs*
    Doesn't seem all that consistent either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gamora also casually chopped off Groot's arm (maybe both arms?) despite Groot being durable enough to only take superficial damage from automatic weapons fire at relatively close range, and was pretty much only stunned, but otherwise completely unharmed (though still suffocating), from being in an exploding mining ship in GotG1, though the latter is not a strength feat. She's actually pretty damn impressively started, in a very low-key way, and Drax send to be portrayed as being on par with her, though he doesn't have much in the way of objectively quantifiable offensive feats.

Actually, didn't Drax snap off chunks of Groot as well?