Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Drax (MCU) Vs The Ubervamp (Buffyverse)

Dave Bautista's Drax takes on the first and most impressive Ubervamp from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

1) Hand-to-hand only.
    2) Drax has his knives, the Ubervamp has a broadsword.

Both fights in Khazan.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Nothing the Ubervamp brings is going to hurt a guy who laughs off being dragged through a giant forest behind a crashing spaceship.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Even named regular vampires like Spike and Angel were durable enough to withstand falls from great heights and take hits from the likes of the Beast, Illyria, Jasmine, Marcus Hamilton and Glory.

The Ubervamp is more durable than them and shrugged off tonnes of steel construction beams being dropped onto it - so it seems weird to bring up the question of how it can hurt Drax when the same question works the other way...

What has Ubervamps sword managed to damage?

Might be looking at a "who hits first" sorta situation.

As for h2h, Drax is much more durable then strong so they may just punch each other for an hour or so without any real winner.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Even named regular vampires like Spike and Angel were durable enough to withstand falls from great heights and take hits from the likes of the Beast, Illyria, Jasmine, Marcus Hamilton and Glory.

The Ubervamp is more durable than them and shrugged off tonnes of steel construction beams being dropped onto it - so it seems weird to bring up the question of how it can hurt Drax when the same question works the other way...
    You are not wrong, about the vamps being pretty tough. Drax is much tougher, but he might well not be capable of hurting the Ubervamp in HtH, well, until he decides to reach into the thing's chest and rip out the heart, which he'd probably eventually do. The Uber wouldn't make it easy, but that would likely be the eventual outcome. The Ubervamp is just completely incapable of hurting Drax in any way.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You are not wrong, about the vamps being pretty tough. Drax is much tougher, but he might well not be capable of hurting the Ubervamp in HtH, well, until he decides to reach into the thing's chest and rip out the heart, which he'd probably eventually do. The Uber wouldn't make it easy, but that would likely be the eventual outcome. The Ubervamp is just completely incapable of hurting Drax in any way.
    This post makes no sense.

"Cant hurt him. Until he rips his organs out." Wut.

Is there some sort of heart related weakness I'm not understanding the context of?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This post makes no sense.

"Cant hurt him. Until he rips his organs out." Wut.

Is there some sort of heart related weakness I'm not understanding the context of?
    Ubervamp like all vamps has a weak heart. It just has a tougher breastbone to stab through, which prevented Buffy from being able to reach it with a stake when they first fought. At least, that's how I remember it. I don't know that ripping the creature apart to find the tootsie roll center would be Drax's first move, but, as we see in the fight at the beginning of GotG2, he'll get there eventually. But the Ubervamp has nothing that will let him scratch Drax.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

So, having looked up the fights, the Ubervamp really wasn't anywhere near as impressive as I thought it was. It was slightly stronger and notably more durable than Buffy, but not enough that Buffy couldn't trade blows with it fairly evenly and drag it up behind her when it was trying to pull her down while she was climbing up the wall of a pit and it still recoiled when Buffy landed clean hits on it, and it was able to shrug off a reasonably sized loose bundle of pipes being dropped on it (the fact that the pipes were loose meant that it only got the weight of the section that landed on it instead of the full mass of all the pipes like would be the case if they had been on a pallet and they rolled away when it stood up, rather than it having to lift the entire thing to get up). She was still able to pierce its skin with a wooden stake or a crossbow bolt (but couldn't punch through the sternum enough to reach the heart) and eventually decapitated it by garrotting it with some barbed (?) wire.

Meanwhile, Drax is only stunned from being smacked by a spaceship going at ramming speed and just laughed uproariously as he was being bounced off/dragged through multiple trees at the speed of a spaceship crashing from orbit. His strength is more nebulous, but he seems at least as strong as Gamora (possibly stronger, since he seemed to overpower her in the prison once she put the knives down, but I don't know if she had started resisting yet), and she was able to grab onto his snapped tether and keep him attached to the ship during the crashing spaceship scene.

So yeah. Drax doesn't really feel the Ubervamp's blows and then either pins it for a 10 count or just rips its head clean off (at least).

And that's not even taking into account Drax going invisible. j/k
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-24-2020 at 10:10 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Meanwhile, Drax is only stunned from being smacked by a spaceship going at ramming speed and just laughed uproariously as he was being bounced off/dragged through multiple trees at the speed of a spaceship crashing from orbit. His strength is more nebulous, but he seems at least as strong as Gamora (possibly stronger, since he seemed to overpower her in the prison once she put the knives down, but I don't know if she had started resisting yet), and she was able to grab onto his snapped tether and keep him attached to the ship during the crashing spaceship scene.
    There are times when I feel that Gamora's feat of picking up a ship's cannon larger than a SmartCar and opening fire with it while walking - all done seemingly effortlessly - is her best strength feat. *shrugs*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are times when I feel that Gamora's feat of picking up a ship's cannon larger than a SmartCar and opening fire with it while walking - all done seemingly effortlessly - is her best strength feat. *shrugs*
    Doesn't seem all that consistent either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gamora also casually chopped off Groot's arm (maybe both arms?) despite Groot being durable enough to only take superficial damage from automatic weapons fire at relatively close range, and was pretty much only stunned, but otherwise completely unharmed (though still suffocating), from being in an exploding mining ship in GotG1, though the latter is not a strength feat. She's actually pretty damn impressively started, in a very low-key way, and Drax send to be portrayed as being on par with her, though he doesn't have much in the way of objectively quantifiable offensive feats.