Spectacular Member

Default Dc marvel "crossover" in image comics!?!

Last edited by Kubert; 07-24-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubert View Post
    Anyone else saw "Crossover" by Image Comics?!?
    It just seems to be a book featuring a bunch of superhero archtypes. Not a literal Marvel/DC crossover. So its not really anything new in that regard.

Though, i dont mean to belittle it. It looks fun and I generally enjoy Cates' stuff.

BANNED

Recolored Super Heroes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    a literal Marvel/DC crossover
    Here's a few updated pages my friend (updated with narrative this time). It literally names Superman and refers to specific Marvel superheroes.

Last edited by Kubert; 07-24-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

In addition to using its trademark superhero's name, it also has DC's signature use of the Crisis Infinite Earths motif

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Referencing Superman is not the same thing as showing him. And DC seems less sue-happy than Marvel does about these things. There have been characters in other comics that have featured the "S" symbol. But you can't use him in your own comic. Whereas Marvel might sue you for even referencing Spider-Man. And that's clearly not Shazam!/Captain Marvel in that picture. They changed him enough that it passes. There was that one Gen 13 issue back in the mid-nineties that had Wolverine in it and to this day I have no idea how they got permission to do that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

Worthy point on referencing, SuperDuper. Crossover's point-of-view will be a comic book retailer. In reference to our local comic shops and creators' callling for a big crossover; to help LCSs in this moment in history. Creators of this new comic also said it will indeed make history. And, recognized making history is a huge promise. If its what they say it is (historic) do consider it on your pull list my friend. Whether it will include DC or Marvel, it will be worth it just to help LCSs.