Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    DC One Million remains the one to beat, for me. Big and bombastic and it was over and done with in a single month. I abhor these 7 or 8 month crossover events we have now. I’ll take a Final Night over a Metal any day.

Edit: I didn’t answer the second part. Worst? Hard to say, because I try not to read something that looks like an oncoming train wreck... does Convergence count? I got suckered into reading that, and I hated it.

Yeah, i agree about DC One Million. I'm not sure if Seven Soldiers counts but that was another great one. Final Crisis was not quite as great so i wouldn't say even Morrison is batting 1000 but for my money he is most likely to pen an event that doesn't come across merely as a vehicle for higher-ups to adjust continuity to their liking. If 52 counts that was great too (and once again Morrison was involved!)

Can't say about the worst as i haven't read all events but thought Infinite Crisis wasn't very good.

Favorite Inter-Company would be all the yearly JLA / ____ Crisis events which acknowledged and had fun with their multiple Earths and properties which all had their own continuities and identities yet could cross over) The best most expansive DC Universe ever.

This would end with Crisis Infinite Earths, which suposedly united and "fixed" all the universes.
    Which although it was good, makes it my least favorite Inter Company crossover event , as it started the trend of Big Events being the narrative force driving DC, and adversely effecting regular books.
    And DC became a brand built on what were now "fixing" events. Which weren't about character, but constantly tweaking their universe, and fans seem to mindlessly gobble up as more important.

Favorite Cross-Company Crossover event; at the time was DC / Marvel - Titans / X-Men (which was the next best thing to the potential JL / Avengers which hadn't happened yet, but when it did became a bit diluted, trying to serve and homage to many eras.)

More recent would be: DC / Dynamite - Batman / Shadow

Favorite crossover which hasn't officially happened yet, would be - Batman / Zorro

Yeah, there is a time anachronism and Zorro may exist as a movie in DC (as if either is an insurmountable obstacle in comics, more an invitation to figure ways around it).
    It'd be:

Part 1.- Swashbuckling: Scottish Pirate great-great ancestor of Wayne meeting the original Diego de la Vega Zorro. (who they'd eventually in universe make movies about)
    Part 2. - Pulp: (republic movie) era Zorro ancestor James Santiago Vega meeting first appearance Pulp era Batman (see images bellow, they existed and were active at the same time, despite some pretending modern Zorro didn't already exist and wasn't an influence)
    Part 3 - Legacy: Batman Beyond (Terry (Wayne) McGinnis meeting Zorro Gen.Z (Diego (Santiago Jr.) de la Vega)

First appearance 1937

...meets
    First appearance 1939
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-31-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Favs: Doomsday Clock. (CoIE is still the grandaddy of them all).

Least fav: Heroes in Crises

Boisterously Confused

Favorite may have been Legends.

Another Inter-Company crossover:

Whatever brings the Earth C and Earth C-Minus Just'a Lotta' Animals together with the Satellite Era Justice League
    How does that even work?
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-29-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Least favorite? Heroes in Crisis.

Favorite? Tie between Lobo/Mask and Batman vs TMNT film.

Astonishing Member

Favorite All Time Sinestro Corps War and COIE
    Least favorite Final Crisis and Identity Crisis. OK Identity Crisis is the worst because at least Final Crisis can claim Legion of Three Worlds which I did like.

Of the ones I have read (and I by no means have read them all), my favorite is still Legends.

My least favorite is either Millennium or the Bloodlines event that ran through the DC annuals one year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Favorite? Infinite Crisis. But from Countdown to Infinite Crisis to OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War, Villians United, Day of Vengeance to IC. The build up from Ted Kords death to issue #1 of IC was so good. It was a great time to be a DC fan. The original CRISIS is a close second. Book blew me away.

And yeah Heroes in Crisis was THE WORST.

Ouch, hard question here...

Does Multiversity count as an event ? If not, I guess Darkseid War ? Or Throne of Atlantis, maybe ? Really hard to pin down a favorite...

And even for the one I like the least, it's not because of its own merits or lack thereof, just a lack of interest in the characters from my part : COIE. I finally read it recently on Comixology, and while it certainly wasn't bad in any sense of the word... I found it a bit lacking, both in term of action, art and of course plot; which is kind of ironic because I found there were so many elements which could have been cut off without altering the story and even making its pacing a lot more suited to my tastes. But overall, really hard to judge this one, because it's the first hige Multiverse-altering event, it's obviously dated but I can't hold it against it too much and it's really overhyped in comics discussions, I think.

(I'm talking about events I find at least interesting and that I have read, otherwise Heroes in Crisis is obviously dead last).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Ouch, hard question here...

Does Multiversity count as an event ? If not, I guess Darkseid War ? Or Throne of Atlantis, maybe ? Really hard to pin down a favorite...

And even for the one I like the least, it's not because of its own merits or lack thereof, just a lack of interest in the characters from my part : COIE. I finally read it recently on Comixology, and while it certainly wasn't bad in any sense of the word... I found it a bit lacking, both in term of action, art and of course plot; which is kind of ironic because I found there were so many elements which could have been cut off without altering the story and even making its pacing a lot more suited to my tastes. But overall, really hard to judge this one, because it's the first hige Multiverse-altering event, it's obviously dated but I can't hold it against it too much and it's really overhyped in comics discussions, I think.

(I'm talking about events I find at least interesting and that I have read, otherwise Heroes in Crisis is obviously dead last).
    I understand your perspective, to me it is the holy grail, but if not experienced in order it can seem cliche'd. A movie that sets/starts a trope doesn't get credit for it if it isn't seen first. Jurassic Park was mind blowing when I first saw the special effects as was Terminator 2 but if you had never seen them before and just saw them now you would be like, meh. Movies like Jaws and Carrie that might have rocked a nation back in the day might seem quite stayed and obvious now because the innovations they employed then are overused now. There is a difference between the first two seasons of a show like Survivor or the Real World and the subsequent ones because the "book" on how to succeed has been written, (ie alliances on Survivor or being the couple that hooks up in the Real World). I loved Breaking Bad and like Better Call Saul but I wonder how my enjoyment of both would be if I saw them in chronological timeline order (not in the order they were produced). No who is Gus Fringe more oh finally Gus is on the show. I don't think I would have enjoyed the Star Wars franchise as much IF I saw it in the Episode One - Rogue One/New Hope - Rise of Skywalker order. No "gasp Darth Vader is Anakin, more when will they realize Darth is Anakin (spoilers, lol). I grew up in the Bronze age and find the storytelling before that in general not my cup of tea. Not much Golden Age stuff holds my attention and it takes exceptional Silver Age stuff to do so, that being said the newer stuff isn't my cup of tea, either so it isn't a matter of things getting more complicated over time. Feeling like an old man rant so I will stop.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 07-30-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Favorite: Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Least: Identity Crisis

Most Favourite would have to be Final Crisis, after that Infinite Crisis.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Worst: Millennium and Genesis were both lame cash-grabs, but I haven't read either Amazons Attack nor Trinity War because of how bad their reputations are.

Best: I love Sinestro Corps War, and I think the build up to Infinite Crisis is unparalleled, even if the final event was compromised by editorial and legal shenanigans involving Superboy and Nightwing.

Honorable mention should go to Final Crisis, but that story was kinda screwed by being an event, when it probably should have just been its own thing that Morrison did without having to co-ordinate it with anything else.

Ultimate Member

I haven't read a DC event for at least a decade, which sounds like a mercy, from the sounds of Heroes in Crisis, Infinite Crisis, etc.

Best: Crisis on Infinite Earths - I loved seeing so many disparate characters brought together, and the scale of the threat even if I disliked the ultimate end result (getting rid of all those other worlds, and yet saving their heroes, making it seem like the heroes were all rats who bailed on the billions of people they left to die from their home Earths, and the Crime Syndicate were the only ones who actually went down fighting for their Earth, and didn't just end up abandoning them to die).

Worst: Invasion - wow, I hated that the Khunds, Dominators, etc. were portrayed *1000 years in the past* as having the exact same space-faring technology as they were when first introduced, ten centuries later. The Durlans, avowed technophobes, at least made sense to have advanced not at all, but it just trashed the Legion's villains for the sake of a crappy 20th century event by making them seem like the idiots of the universe, frozen in time and unable to advance while Earth and other worlds expand and develop in all directions like a wildfire. Given that the Green Lantern books, Superman books, Teen Titans/Omega Men, Hawkman, Adam Strange, etc. had developed *dozens* of viable 20th century advanced alien civilizations, it seemed utterly bone-headed to use aliens who should be at Earth-levels of technology as 'space invaders.'