Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Your favorite and least favorite DC Crossover Event

When you look back at all the DC Crossover Events, which is your favorite and which is your least favorite?

Favorite is Sinestro Corps War, I was and am a huge green lantern fan and so I loved the giant space war that was the Sinestro Corps War, plus the start of the Sinestro corps and all the various lanterns.

Least favorite is Trinity War, I’m not railing on it for new 52 stuff I just thought it was poorly written and didn’t amount to much. It was just a poor excuse to have three Justice League teams fight and then take them off the board for Forever Evil.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Favorite - the animated movie Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Blackest Night is my favorite, by the virtue of being my first croosover ever, plus i really like the concept of the Black Lanterns back in the day. Even if the story isn't that great.

Least favorite would be Amazons Attack, that one speak for itself, there is a reason why everyone in universe ignore it except Wonder Woman.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Favorite...hmm...52, if it can be counted as an "event". If not, either Infinite Crisis or Identity Crisis. Probably the latter.

I remember really liking Final Crisis but can't remember too much. Blackest Night was also cool. COIE is obviously legendary.

Least favorite would be Heroes in Crisis. What a **** show.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Favorite is Sinestro Corps War, I was and am a huge green lantern fan and so I loved the giant space war that was the Sinestro Corps War, plus the start of the Sinestro corps and all the various lanterns.

Least favorite is Trinity War, I’m not railing on it for new 52 stuff I just thought it was poorly written and didn’t amount to much. It was just a poor excuse to have three Justice League teams fight and then take them off the board for Forever Evil.
    I just reread Trinity War and I definitely think it reads better in one sitting. Also, I have to keep reminding myself that it only works in the New 52 era and would no way work with Pre-52 characterizations. I too hate how the teams were just written away and basically became unimportant after Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I just reread Trinity War and I definitely think it reads better in one sitting. Also, I have to keep reminding myself that it only works in the New 52 era and would no way work with Pre-52 characterizations. I too hate how the teams were just written away and basically became unimportant after Forever Evil.
    I mean it’s been a few years, so if I looked back it might be better. However my other problem was the JLA, the team was just created and started then it gets involved in Trinity War and Forever Evil and throws off the book completely. Thank goodness United was pretty good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

-- "Crisis on Infinite Earths" set the tone and was the seminal BIG DCU crossover. It's too bad DC has been chasing that dragon ever since.
    -- I loved so much of "Sinestro Corps War". I thought it was more a GL event than DC, but it's been mentioned in this thread so I'll mention it.
    -- It wasn't great, but I have a fondness for "Invasion"
    -- "Final Night" I only liked at the end in that it actually made Parallax an interesting character. (just to kill him, of course)

I've skipped a lot of crossovers, but I will say:
    -- I was disappointed with "Trinity War", especially since it didn't offer any answers about who or what the Nu52 Question was supposed to be.
    -- I thought "Identity Crisis" was just schlock. I was surprised DC even printed it. (really good art though, which is a shame it was such a trash story)
    -- "Millennium" had an interesting premise, bad art, and HORRIBLE new characters (The New Guardians) who were supposed to be the point of the whole thing.

DC One Million remains the one to beat, for me. Big and bombastic and it was over and done with in a single month. I abhor these 7 or 8 month crossover events we have now. I’ll take a Final Night over a Metal any day.

Edit: I didn’t answer the second part. Worst? Hard to say, because I try not to read something that looks like an oncoming train wreck... does Convergence count? I got suckered into reading that, and I hated it.
    Last edited by Adset; 07-24-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Never really cared for the more traditional crossover events such as the Crisis events so I'd probably answer something like Sinestro Corps War or Witching Hour for favorites but those are more just family book crossovers.

Least favorites? Does Injustice count? If not Amazons Attack then.

Favorites: Crisis Of Infinite Earths, Identity Crisis, Our Worlds At War.

Least: Flashpoint, Joker Time, Amazons Attack, Final Crisis.
    Last edited by Dr. Skeleton; 07-25-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Favourite is definitely Crisis on Infinite Earths - nothing like this had ever been published at the time and I remember being blown away by every issue as they came out.

Least favourite - I havne't read a lot of crossovers in recent years. Going back I was disappointed in Zero Hour and Genesis

Best is still CoIE. Perez art with Wolfman writing(only slight fault I would mention is, coming a year after Marvel's Secret Wars I, it did feel a little like a "hey guys, I can get all my heroes together also" moment).

Worst had to be Convergence. Lots of issues with little to no point. 89 issues(if you include all 40 of the 2-issues "series" that were labelled Convergence).

Favorite: Invasion, Infinite Crisis, Flashpoint

Least favorite: Millenium

Faves: COIE, Zero Hour (was just kinda neat with all the different possibilities), Underworld Unleashed, Final Night, Sinestro Corps, Blackest Night and Brightest Day

Worst: Countdown and Flashpoint