Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me find this movie!

Aight guys I saw this trailer for this movie which I can't find back for the life of me, it's fairly recent, last 2-3 years or so tops. It kinda looked like a comedy set in the witch hunting in the US ala Salem. Not sure if there were actually witches in there but it takes the view of how stupid judging women for witchcraft was. I don't think it had very famous actors in it... Anywho, if it rings a bell for anyone let me know please! Thanks!

Mighty Member

There was a comedy some thirty years ago like that called Burning Love. I think the most famous actor in it was Dave Thomas (SCTV, Strange Brew) and the old lady from Throw Momma From The Train.

Yeah but the one im speaking of is recent like I said, I saw the trailer for it about 2 years ago.

Still nobody ?
    What's the best place to look at all the american movie releases from each year ?

Maybe this site will help?

https://www.firstshowing.net/schedule2020/
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I used wikipedia, don't know how accurate it is, but i just went through 2016-2019 without finding it. I only checked americans movies tho... Guess i'll never find it

Incredible Member

love at stake perhaps

This movie center around a family living in the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    love at stake perhaps

Not the one, like I said it's a recent movie, I saw the trailer for it 3-4 years ago, 5 tops. It shows a very comedic view on how women were considered a witch if they knew how to calculate 2+2, in fact I think it was one of the scene showed in the trailer. But the time setting of the movie is like the trailer you posted. With all the women in dresses with white little hats and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    Not the one, like I said it's a recent movie, I saw the trailer for it 3-4 years ago, 5 tops. It shows a very comedic view on how women were considered a witch if they knew how to calculate 2+2, in fact I think it was one of the scene showed in the trailer. But the time setting of the movie is like the trailer you posted. With all the women in dresses with white little hats and what not.
    You saw the trailer in the movie theater? What movie did you see?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I saw it on youtube unfortunatly :/

Spectacular Member

Why dont you try to recall back some other scene on the trailer, it will help.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    Aight guys I saw this trailer for this movie which I can't find back for the life of me, it's fairly recent, last 2-3 years or so tops. It kinda looked like a comedy set in the witch hunting in the US ala Salem. Not sure if there were actually witches in there but it takes the view of how stupid judging women for witchcraft was. I don't think it had very famous actors in it... Anywho, if it rings a bell for anyone let me know please! Thanks!
    was it a period piece or a modern setting?

Niffleheim

is this it? your description is kind of vague but this the only thing i could find.

It was a period piece, again more comedy oriented than anything else.
    afec5371ac5cbdecad6a22388f9dfba3--supreme-court-theatre.jpg
    It was when people used to wear this kind of outfits.
    The only scene I remember was when the main character resolved some basic math problem and everyone calls her a witch and she just sigh desperately...
    Again it's a fairly recent movies, came out in the last 5 years no further than that.