Default Spider-Man is Not Nice to Girls in Adaptions

In the second and third seasons of the 60s cartoon he bounced between crushes, and one of the episodes ended with him being crushed that a crush of his hated his cowardly guts, and the episode closing quote "She's a girl, there are more of those".

In the 90s cartoon he kept avoiding meeting MJ, once he did it was after Felicia warmed up to the idea of dating him, but then she got mad at him for ditching her during the Spider-Slayer attack on Jameson's penthouse and didn't want to see him again, then Peter started dating MJ, and after she got past her physics test Peter jumped at the possibility of dating Felicia again.

In season 2 of the same show he learns that he's mutating, and that's why he wanted to date MJ, then he decided to ignore her cause he's mutating after she agreed to date him.

He kisses Lady Vermin in Unlimited.

He looks through his room window to see MJ in her room in the first Raimi film, what if she was indecent? Weirdo. And then he tries to swipe her away from any other guy dating her, especially his best bud.

In the MTV show, Peter bounces between two girls so much that an illusion in the series finale made him choose between the girl he had a crush on since she moved in next door, or the girl he choked and dropped to a lower roof of a warehouse.

Back to the movies, first movie ends with him telling MJ he can't date her, and he will always be her friend while breaking her heart in the funeral of her boyfriend's father (he's not such a nice friend, is he), and then he tries to sweep her away after learning she dates and promised to marry his boss's son. She's not a nice person either.

And when they are finally dating, he never lets her finish her sentence, that's why she went to his amnesiac best friend to talk to him, at least he will listen. They both regretted that kiss they exchanged instantly, I'm not gonna hate MJ in Spider-Man 3.

Back to animation, and Peter dates Liz Allan, and then annoyingly is rude to her while looking at the girlfriend of his best bud, and then both Peter and Gwen plan together that they will break up with their dates to date each other. Peter in Spectacular in not just a jerk to Liz, he's a jerk to his buds as well. Flash Thompson was right in calling him out in the hospital.

And then he keeps taking pictures of Gwen without her permission in Amazing Spider-Man, and then he bounces between wanting to see her and respecting her father's dying wish of keeping her out of his adventures, which he does by staying away from her. Her death was caused by her choice, but he was still not nice.

I'm pleased they chose to not make him date in the newer Disney cartoons, a lot of drama and dickery avoided there. He's not that rude in comics, why is he poorly adapted like that so often?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Lol, you're the first person I've seen that is happy Marvel and Disney haven't given him a love interest in the recent cartoons.

I don't have a response to all of these so all reply to the ones I know by memory:

*Spider-Man Unlimited: Peter didn't kiss Lady Vermin, Lady Vermin kissed him. I remember him being surprised and caught off guard by her doing it. She even lifted his mask.

*90s Cartoon: Isn't that how the relationship with Peter, Mary Jane, and Gwen happened during college minus the Spider-Slayers? Just instead of Gwen it's Felicia. And why would he not cancel a date because he's mutating lol. Would you show up to a date with Six-Arms?

*Spider-Man 1 (Raimi): I never thought about the window scene like that, but usually it would be that the girl would notice the guy staring at her. Peter wasn't trying to swipe her away from other guys, at least not the way I think your wording it. He had a crush on her and she was becoming interested in him. The two were discovering their feelings and true love.

*Spectacular: I believe that's Greg Weisman's style when it comes to relationships in his shows. I think how he handle Peter's romances in the show was one of it's very few complaints.

At the end the day, different writers worked on each series and most likely the based Peter's relationships in those series on their experiences. Relationships can be difficult to write if you've never been in one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    *90s Cartoon: Isn't that how the relationship with Peter, Mary Jane, and Gwen happened during college minus the Spider-Slayers? Just instead of Gwen it's Felicia. And why would he not cancel a date because he's mutating lol. Would you show up to a date with Six-Arms?
    In the comics he had his eyes set on Gwen, googly eyed upon meeting MJ, but not in a way that he tried to date her. One time MJ was latching into Peter (during the drug addiction arc) and Peter scolded her for not being faithful to Harry.
    I don't have a problem with him avoiding MJ in the cartoon cause he was mutating, the problem is he was trying hard to get close to her and date her cause he was mutating in the Hydroman episode before deciding to stay away from her.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    In the comics he had his eyes set on Gwen, googly eyed upon meeting MJ, but not in a way that he tried to date her. One time MJ was latching into Peter (during the drug addiction arc) and Peter scolded her for not being faithful to Harry.
    I don't have a problem with him avoiding MJ in the cartoon cause he was mutating, the problem is he was trying hard to get close to her and date her cause he was mutating in the Hydroman episode before deciding to stay away from her.
    His mutation was manageable when he was trying to get close to MJ. He only started to stay away from her when it was worsening to the point he couldn't hide it.

Astonishing Member

Adaptations?

This sort of romantic entanglement has been constant in every single one of his runs. It's to the point that Revolutionary_Jack called his series a comedy.