Default Hulu's Helstrom Series

We got our first trailer.

Oh and if you're wondering why the Marvel branding was dropped:

By now, fans have gotten a look at the logo for Helstrom and a fancy motion poster. Fans have even gotten a full trailer for the upcoming Hulu series and still, Marvel branding is missing completely marketing. As you might expect, that's something entirely by design. Though originally announced alongside Marvel's Ghost Rider as Marvel's Helstrom, ComicBook.com has learned the "Marvel's" part of the title has, in fact, been dropped from the series. Furthermore, the Disney wants to distance the Marvel brand from the series due to the horror-based content within the series.
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...mpression=true

Considering how this is, like, the last Jeph Loeb show before Feige took over, I'm not surprised they're trying to distance it as much as possible from the Marvel brand.

Granted, without that it just looks like another supernatural horror show.

So Marvel can't have horror in it. Yep, it's Disney.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's the first two Blade movies all over again.

Fantastic Member

Why not use a "adult swim"/veritigo type label with these series instead of abandoning it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Why not use a "adult swim"/veritigo type label with these series instead of abandoning it?
    Or like Disney itself did with Touchstone Picture back in the '80s and '90s. The problem is that first they'd have to come up with the label. The closest they had in publishing that I can remember is Marvel Max, which used in TV today may make it seem like they're stepping on the toes of HBO Max.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    That would mean that Marvel intends of creating more mature content for TV. That died when Marvel TV got absorb into Marvel Studio. It's pointless to create a label for a single show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So Marvel can't have horror in it. Yep, it's Disney.
    I mean, it's probably the same reason they canceled all those attempts at adult-oriented Marvel cartoons (like Deadpool).

It makes me curious to see how they're going to approach stuff like Moon Knight and Blade in the main MCU when those characters...aren't really the clean-cut and all ages type of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's probably the same reason they canceled all those attempts at adult-oriented Marvel cartoons (like Deadpool).

It makes me curious to see how they're going to approach stuff like Moon Knight and Blade in the main MCU when those characters...aren't really the clean-cut and all ages type of characters.
    Yeah, it sucks that Disney put the axe to the Deadpool cartoon. Disney is so afraid of anything being un-kid friendly and meanwhile DC has the amazing Harley Quinn cartoon and made Joker into a billion dollar R-rated movie. There's value in making some things just for adults too, shame Disney won't allow that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Blade should be relatively easy. PG-13 vampire stuff has been done before. Look at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They'll just have the vampires crumble into dust or ash when they get killed rather than bleeding or leaving a corpse behind. They'll also imply a lot of the killings by the villains rather than outright showing them. Kind of like they did in the old Universal horror movies. Heck, a good chunk of my generation was introduced to Blade through his guest spot on the '90s Spider-Man cartoon, so it's not like the character has always been limited to adult material.

I mean, some fans aren't going to like it, but it is doable.

well, hopefully the show will emphasize mystery and not gore. Take some cues from the old Friday the 13th television series. The rapport with Micki and Ryan, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, hopefully the show will emphasize mystery and not gore. Take some cues from the old Friday the 13th television series. The rapport with Micki and Ryan, etc.
    In hindsight I was amazed that show actually made it on syndicated TV. It was suprisingly gory for TV. Not that I minded... I was a big fan as a kid.

If Hellstrom can be even half that good, I'll be happy. Though I'm still struggling to get excited about this show.