Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Easy, no. He certainly has the kit to manage it though.
    What's he doing about planes dropping bombs on him?

I’m just gonna answer ‘Yes’, ‘No’ and ‘Maybe’ and let you choose where they apply.

Except if you subsequently pose the question ‘Is Beadle a massive ball of dorkitude?’, in which case I’m not letting you choose. The answer is ‘Yes’, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What's he doing about planes dropping bombs on him?
    Not looking at the explosions.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

As far as I know though, the majority of the planes were Allied Forces (could well be wrong) and used were for paratroopers, and dog-fighting.

There were certainly bombers, but again. His Spidey-Sense and speed won't make that too big of an issue especially once he gets off the beachhead.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    1: Solve a Rubix Cube in 1 second?
    If Pete already knows the algorithm for solving it, then yeah, I would guess spider-reflexes would be fast and agile enough to do this.

If he does not already know the algorithm and has to figure it out, then no. Pete is smart, but so far as I know he's not a "mental calculator" kind of guy (Brainiac 5, Amadeus Cho, Mr. Spock, those types).

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    If Pete already knows the algorithm for solving it, then yeah, I would guess spider-reflexes would be fast and agile enough to do this.

If he does not already know the algorithm and has to figure it out, then no. Pete is smart, but so far as I know he's not a "mental calculator" kind of guy (Brainiac 5, Amadeus Cho, Mr. Spock, those types).
    ISTR the Insomniac version explaining that he actually does complex calculations on the fly in order to do his web tricks so precisely to Miles Morales (who seems just as gifted on that front since he was able to follow along), but that won't really be something that he can do in 1 second unless he has time to study and practice Rubix Cube solving a little beforehand since he already knew the formulas needed before he started web slinging.

Mighty Member

Guys, please don't derail my extremely serious thread with off topic humor m'kay? These serious questions deserve serious answers!

Ahem.

11: Could he have stormed and taken the beaches on D-Day by himself?
    no. he's just not fast or strong enough to capture and secure all of the D-Day beaches by himself. because if "by himself" we mean that he's not getting any naval bombardments, paratroopers, or air strikes to help keep the defenders off-balance... then we're talking about him taking out... I dunno, maybe 200,000+ armed soldiers, fortifications, obstacles, artillery, tanks, and what-not stretching over roughly 130 miles of shore and extending as far as 20 miles inland. he'd basically have to single-handedly capture everything from the Cotentin peninsula stretching to Le Havre... and I just can't see him doing that. I honestly don't think he could have captured Omaha Beach single-handedly.

seriously, go look up the D-Day beaches. the task being given to him might be compared to this: hey, Spiderman, wake up! it's 4:30 in the morning and you need to web up, or a punch a whole in the engine block, of every car on the freeway between New York and Philadelphia before sundown or MJ dies!

even with his super-speed and all that this is still asking for an awful lot!

I'm sure there are dozens of characters who COULD solo the beaches of Normandy on D-Day ... but there's no version of Spiderman (that I can remember) who could do this. the problem being is that once he cleared one area... hundreds, or thousands, of soldiers could just move in and replace the ones he just killed.

but, hey, I've only read the first 250 issues of Spiderman... so maybe he's gotten much faster and stronger than I remember him being.
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 07-25-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As far as I know though, the majority of the planes were Allied Forces (could well be wrong) and used were for paratroopers, and dog-fighting.

There were certainly bombers, but again. His Spidey-Sense and speed won't make that too big of an issue especially once he gets off the beachhead.
    yeah, so far as I know, the Luftwaffe was practically non-existent at this location at that time ... I think I remember reading somewhere that only two Focke Wulf 190s did a light recon flight over the Normandy beaches and then had to run back home for fear of getting shot down before they could report what was happening. there would have been practically no German fighter or bomber presence at this point. although it would become an issue if Spidey has to do this alone... because with no naval or air support the Germans could very easily start moving in fighters and bombers as needed.

but if he's supposed to do this single-handedly then the Germans would probably send dive bombers and fighters after him.

I mean, Captain Universe Spider-Man could probably do it, but that's kinda a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, Captain Universe Spider-Man could probably do it, but that's kinda a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
    Pretty sure Captain Universe Spider-man could do all of the things listed in this thread.

Possibly all at the same time.

I dunno man, World's Spiciest Hot Sauce Condiment King is a multiversal entity. Even Captain Universe Spiderman would be wary of that.

Can Peter catch and eat a still living electric eel in its natural habitat?
    No, but not because he can't catch one. He just can't stand the taste of electric eel. ... Well, have YOU ever seen him eat eel?

Can he survive (and preferably walk away from) sitting on a live grenade?
    Yes. Unless the grenade explodes for some reason.

Win "who wants to be a millionaire"?
    No. The universe will rise up against him and thwart his every attempt at becoming a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    No, but not because he can't catch one. He just can't stand the taste of electric eel. ... Well, have YOU ever seen him eat eel?
    Have you ever seen Peter Parker be able to *afford* eel?

Also, has Spidey ever tanked direct hits from Green Goblin or Hobgoblin's pumpkin grenades before? Granted, I doubt he ever got it directly in his undercarriage, but I'd be surprised if they never had him take a few shots in general.

Incredible Member

5: Beat a Megalodon shark in a fight in deep water?
    Yes. He could punch it in the gills and drive it away.

6: Win "who wants to be a millionaire"?
    Yes, although something would happen so he'd end up losing the money afterwards.

8: Walk through a pane of bullet proof glass?
    No. He could punch through it or leap through it sure, but both of those involve momentum. Just walking up to it wouldn't generate enough momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Have you ever seen Peter Parker be able to *afford* eel?

Also, has Spidey ever tanked direct hits from Green Goblin or Hobgoblin's pumpkin grenades before? Granted, I doubt he ever got it directly in his undercarriage, but I'd be surprised if they never had him take a few shots in general.
    During Civil War. They messed him up.

Arx Inosaan