Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality #5

    Has this issue come out? If so, how was the story regarding The Red Cat? I would love to see an increased presence of Black Widow in the pages of Spider-Man's future story arcs...

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member Nasty_Boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Release calendar show it comes out this week.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Something called my attention at the end of the last issue. Nightmare's comment to Venom's symbiote about "becoming God".... Do you think this could actually be related with Knull's real origin?

  4. #4
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Something called my attention at the end of the last issue. Nightmare's comment to Venom's symbiote about "becoming God".... Do you think this could actually be related with Knull's real origin?
    It's entirely possible, yeah. At the very least, it's a nice call-forward to what we've since learned about the symbiote's true nature and origin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's entirely possible, yeah. At the very least, it's a nice call-forward to what we've since learned about the symbiote's true nature and origin.
    I wonder if this could actually alter reality more. I mean, the whole thing of "Redhaired Black Cat". I didn't like it with Natasha in that role, but how about if something happens in the future that causes Mary Jane AND Felicia merged into one like that? You know, like in Infinity Warps.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I wonder if this could actually alter reality more. I mean, the whole thing of "Redhaired Black Cat". I didn't like it with Natasha in that role, but how about if something happens in the future that causes Mary Jane AND Felicia merged into one like that? You know, like in Infinity Warps.
    I would had like it better if it was Natasha as The Black Widow, who was Spider-Man's lover in that world instead of putting her in the Black Cat suit. The idea of Felicia and MJ merging into one character? Nah. I like it better if we see more adventures between Black Widow and Spider-Man. Especially if she has ties to Peter's parents...

  7. #7
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would had like it better if it was Natasha as The Black Widow, who was Spider-Man's lover in that world instead of putting her in the Black Cat suit. The idea of Felicia and MJ merging into one character? Nah. I like it better if we see more adventures between Black Widow and Spider-Man. Especially if she has ties to Peter's parents...
    Spider-Man dating with someone called the "Black Widow"? Don't you know why the Black Widow (the spider) is famous for? Even if it doesn't actually happen, people would be constantly nervous with that relationship. Besides, I believe Natasha is some older than Peter.

    And why do you think merging Mary Jane and Black Cat is a bad idea? It would actually an interesting mix. I mean, this is like Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom: Mix the guy who admires and respect Spider-Man (Flash) with the creature that hates him (Venom); they balance each other and the result is quite cool. The same thing would be merging Mary Jane and Black Cat. One girl loves Peter Parker but doesn't like Spider-Man (Mary Jane) and the other one loves Spider-Man but doesn't like Peter Parker (Felicia). They would actually balance each other and Peter/Spider-Man would have a soulmate who loves him by its two faces.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spider-Man dating with someone called the "Black Widow"? Don't you know why the Black Widow (the spider) is famous for? Even if it doesn't actually happen, people would be constantly nervous with that relationship. Besides, I believe Natasha is some older than Peter.

    And why do you think merging Mary Jane and Black Cat is a bad idea? It would actually an interesting mix. I mean, this is like Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom: Mix the guy who admires and respect Spider-Man (Flash) with the creature that hates him (Venom); they balance each other and the result is quite cool. The same thing would be merging Mary Jane and Black Cat. One girl loves Peter Parker but doesn't like Spider-Man (Mary Jane) and the other one loves Spider-Man but doesn't like Peter Parker (Felicia). They would actually balance each other and Peter/Spider-Man would have a soulmate who loves him by its two faces.
    A valid point. I think this would make for an interesting AU or one-off story if nothing more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spider-Man dating with someone called the "Black Widow"? Don't you know why the Black Widow (the spider) is famous for? Even if it doesn't actually happen, people would be constantly nervous with that relationship. Besides, I believe Natasha is some older than Peter.

    And why do you think merging Mary Jane and Black Cat is a bad idea? It would actually an interesting mix. I mean, this is like Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom: Mix the guy who admires and respect Spider-Man (Flash) with the creature that hates him (Venom); they balance each other and the result is quite cool. The same thing would be merging Mary Jane and Black Cat. One girl loves Peter Parker but doesn't like Spider-Man (Mary Jane) and the other one loves Spider-Man but doesn't like Peter Parker (Felicia). They would actually balance each other and Peter/Spider-Man would have a soulmate who loves him by its two faces.
    Gotta make things different. And having Black Widow or Spider-Woman who make things different because they have something that's different from Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy, which is neither were Spider-Man created characters. Have the Black Widow take Peter into her world, which is espionage. Jessica Drew could take Peter into her world, which is the supernatural. Merge Spider-Man street battles with espionage and the supernatural respectively and you'll get a story that has not been done with Spidey in a very long time. That's true diversity....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-03-2020 at 01:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spider-Man dating with someone called the "Black Widow"? Don't you know why the Black Widow (the spider) is famous for? Even if it doesn't actually happen, people would be constantly nervous with that relationship. Besides, I believe Natasha is some older than Peter.
    I mean, Spiders liquefy their prey before eating them, and yet we are not worry that Peter will start to vomit over his enemies. Rest assured, Natasha doesn't eat the people she sleeps with. And like , if your point was that it is dangerous to be with her - Then wow, maybe that could be even interesting because that's an interesting role swap.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A valid point. I think this would make for an interesting AU or one-off story if nothing more.
    An AU would be boring, but a short story where this happens?; I would pay to read it. It could be like when Deadpool and Howard the Duck were merged together for a time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Gotta make things different. And having Black Widow or Spider-Woman who make things different because they have something that's different from Mary Jane and Felicia Hardy, which is neither were Spider-Man created characters. Have the Black Widow take Peter into her world, which is espionage. Jessica Drew could take Peter into her world, which is the supernatural. Merge Spider-Man street battles with espionage and the supernatural respectively and you'll get a story that has not been done with Spidey in a very long time. That's true diversity....
    Have you forgotten than Peter Parker's parents (Richards and Mary Parker) were spies? That wouldn't be such a different world for Peter. Also, in the game "Marvel Realm of Champions", the Spider-Guild is an area of Battleworld where all spiders work as spies and a "web of information" of all the other areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I mean, Spiders liquefy their prey before eating them, and yet we are not worry that Peter will start to vomit over his enemies. Rest assured, Natasha doesn't eat the people she sleeps with. And like , if your point was that it is dangerous to be with her - Then wow, maybe that could be even interesting because that's an interesting role swap.
    Of course I'm not going to be worried for Spider-Man or Black Widow to act like the real spiders! Still, the association would come to mind too often. And like I said, better than the danger, the factor here is that (I believe) Natasha is actually quite older than Peter.

  12. #12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    An AU would be boring, but a short story where this happens?; I would pay to read it. It could be like when Deadpool and Howard the Duck were merged together for a time.



    Have you forgotten than Peter Parker's parents (Richards and Mary Parker) were spies? That wouldn't be such a different world for Peter. Also, in the game "Marvel Realm of Champions", the Spider-Guild is an area of Battleworld where all spiders work as spies and a "web of information" of all the other areas.



    Of course I'm not going to be worried for Spider-Man or Black Widow to act like the real spiders! Still, the association would come to mind too often. And like I said, better than the danger, the factor here is that (I believe) Natasha is actually quite older than Peter.
    She's about as old as Captain America and Bucky Barnes, having been a little girl during World War II.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,712

    Default

    After all that has happened, I wonder if Natasha knew Spider-Man was Peter Parker all this time?

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    After all that has happened, I wonder if Natasha knew Spider-Man was Peter Parker all this time?
    She is the greatest spy in the world, so is quite probable.

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Of course I'm not going to be worried for Spider-Man or Black Widow to act like the real spiders! Still, the association would come to mind too often. And like I said, better than the danger, the factor here is that (I believe) Natasha is actually quite older than Peter.
    While I understand your point, and Natasha is certainly way older than Peter by any measurable sense, I don't think it's that problematic of an aspect. Unless we are talking about a very young Peter, most of the time he is depicted as a somewhat grown man who can take his own decisions. Natasha ostensibly had a relationship with Matt Murdock, who I am sure is older than Peter but not by any means his intelectual (in the sense of maturity) lesser. Of course this is ignoring the relationship in itself. - Just to make it clear, I am not arguing that Peter should date Black Widow or something like that (lol) just that it isn't that weird compared to some of Natasha's relationships beforehand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •