Default Quasar vs. Super Skrull & Ronan The Accuser

All 616. Wendell Vaughn Quasar.

Arena.

1: Solo fight against Skrull.

2: Solo fight against Ronan.

3: Versus both of them simultaneously.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Kl’rt isn’t bringing enough boom to get through Wendell’s shields. So he’s a dead Skrull flying (dead man walking really doesn’t work when 2/3rds of the description are inaccurate).

Ronan’s Universal Weapon is kind of a big deal, but if Wendell could dump that into hyperspace then beat up Ronan before it returned to him, sure.

I feel like Wendell has the speed advantage and time to act anyway with handy-dandy auto-shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Kl’rt isn’t bringing enough boom to get through Wendell’s shields. So he’s a dead Skrull flying (dead man walking really doesn’t work when 2/3rds of the description are inaccurate).

Ronan’s Universal Weapon is kind of a big deal, but if Wendell could dump that into hyperspace then beat up Ronan before it returned to him, sure.

I feel like Wendell has the speed advantage and time to act anyway with handy-dandy auto-shields.
    What level of speed advantage? I never knew he had decent speed feats.

Do you feel like Super Skrull has enough competency with Invisible Woman's powers to shield/hide long enough for Ronan to do something a bit more useful?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Does Wendell have auto-shields?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yep. Decent ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Does Wendell have auto-shields?
    Yeah. Quasar is like a lantern Marvel wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What level of speed advantage? I never knew he had decent speed feats.

Do you feel like Super Skrull has enough competency with Invisible Woman's powers to shield/hide long enough for Ronan to do something a bit more useful?
    He might not be all that quick, to be fair. That might just be the subliminal Lantern thing in my brain, although I know he’s not Lantern-quick.

Nevertheless, his auto-shields are decent enough that he has some wiggle-room to act, at which point he’s messing them up.

As to whether Cl’ark Ke’nt can hide long enough for Ronan to be effective, does that even matter? If Ronan is able to be effective enough to win, it doesn’t matter if Soup-or-Skrull survives or not. You just need one person to survive.

But in any case, I don’t think Ronan can do enough.

He’s very much the Ringo Starr of the Annihilators.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He might not be all that quick, to be fair. That might just be the subliminal Lantern thing in my brain, although I know he’s not Lantern-quick.

Nevertheless, his auto-shields are decent enough that he has some wiggle-room to act, at which point he’s messing them up.

As to whether Cl’ark Ke’nt can hide long enough for Ronan to be effective, does that even matter? If Ronan is able to be effective enough to win, it doesn’t matter if Soup-or-Skrull survives or not. You just need one person to survive.

But in any case, I don’t think Ronan can do enough.

He’s very much the Ringo Starr of the Annihilators.
    No, I meant could he shield Ronan long enough from Quasar for Ronan to pull out his more useful stuff haha
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    No, I meant could he shield Ronan long enough from Quasar for Ronan to pull out his more useful stuff haha
    Kind of depends what Quasar decides to do. The Quantum Bands have some pretty wild abilities in their wheelhouse.

If he goes for just like beams or whatever, Kl'rt can likely hold him off for a couple of seconds so Ronan can get juicing with his hammer. If he goes for more esoteric stuff, then Kl'rt likely can't do anything about it.

What about the old shield bubble in the brain trick? Would Quasar's autoshields block that?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kind of depends what Quasar decides to do. The Quantum Bands have some pretty wild abilities in their wheelhouse.

If he goes for just like beams or whatever, Kl'rt can likely hold him off for a couple of seconds so Ronan can get juicing with his hammer. If he goes for more esoteric stuff, then Kl'rt likely can't do anything about it.

What about the old shield bubble in the brain trick? Would Quasar's autoshields block that?
    I had the same thought. I tend to think a decent force fields would stop other force fields from bypassing it . That said, Sue's forcefields have been known to do weird things based on unique properties, like being kryptonite to Celestials, and the Quantum Bands have shown specific things can bypass them, like magic and antimatter. So my default answer is no but there could be evidence showing otherwise.