Default I'm starting to think Tom King has an Asian problem

Between having no problem working for the CIA to his attacks on Dean Cain (the only Asian American to play Superman) and Jae Lee, one starts to get the impression that maybe Mr. King doesn't like people who look different from him.

Incredible Member

Dean Cain is an asshole

Except the disagreements with Dean Cain and Jae Lee had nothing to do with their race?
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Except the disagreements with Dean Cain and Jae Lee had nothing to do with their race?
    Pretty much every "I'm not racist, but..." asshole has used this argument.

Incredible Member

I repeat, Dean Cain is an absolute monster.

An absolute monster? Come on, the dude's a Republican. That's not the end of the world, whether one leans right or not.

That said I'm not seeing this having anything to do with race. But King did fuck up big time with Lee. You don't publicly libel a guy like that when you have absolutely no clue about the man. If he's starting to feel like he's some sort of social media arbiter of DC employee/association conduct, DC needs to shut that shit down now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Between having no problem working for the CIA to his attacks on Dean Cain (the only Asian American to play Superman) and Jae Lee, one starts to get the impression that maybe Mr. King doesn't like people who look different from him.
    Didn't we learn anything from King's mistake of jumping to conclusions and throwing out unsubstantiated accusations that could adversely affect someone?

I am a fan of Dean Cain on Lois and Clark. I plan to rewatch the series in the future.
    But Dean Cain was a guest speaker at a homophobic hate group. That he's Asian has nothing to do with that being a problem.
    https://www.intomore.com/culture/my-...t-lgbtq-issues

I always somehow forget Dean Cain is Asian American. Same as the actress who plays Daisy in Agents of SHIELD.

I would be careful about throwing an accusation of racism. I was once a bit curt/short on the phone (didn't say anything wrong just wanted to return to whatever I had been doing before) when one of my mom's black co-workers called for her but she wasn't at home. She later told my mom she thought I might be racist - swear to God I thought she was white on the phone. My phone rudeness had nothing to do with race, unless I'm a self hating white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Didn't we learn anything from King's mistake of jumping to conclusions and throwing out unsubstantiated accusations that could adversely affect someone?
    Quoted for truth.

Incredible Member

Enjoy yr ban OP

This thread is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Does the CIA have a problem with Asian people?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yeah, this thread is going to be closed pronto.

Guys, please do not post unsubstantiated rumors or suppositions about anyone here from now on. Not a request, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?