Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dr. Doom vs. Doomsday

Holy thread spam Batman!

616 Doom and Post Crisis HP Doomsday.

Arena.

Obviously Doomsday would flatten Doom if he gets close. Can Doom's esoterics prevent that from happening?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Doomsday have any appreciable resistance to:
    a) magic?
    b) Ovoid mind transfer-type shenanigans?

If b) would work, Vic just makes himself into Dr Doomsday.

How does the mind transfer work in a rumbles scenario? Does Dr Doomsday KOing Victor von Doomsday count as a win for Dr Doom? Technically it would be his body getting KOd

Doomsday has some TP resistance to his name right? What's the Ovoid's best feat? Who has it worked on?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    How does the mind transfer work in a rumbles scenario? Does Dr Doomsday KOing Victor von Doomsday count as a win for Dr Doom? Technically it would be his body getting KOd
    I think what happens with OMT is Doom's armor locks up and traps the transfer target. So Doom, in Doomsday's body, simply counts to ten while Doomsday is helplessly "pinned" within the armor.

As long as Doom is in some fashion conscious and mobile, even if in another dude's body, and the other dude is not, that should be a win from my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    As long as Doom is in some fashion conscious and mobile, even if in another dude's body, and the other dude is not, that should be a win from my view.
    That's my view as well.

Again, this assumes the thing works.
    - big_adventure

I guess Doom wins then considering Doomsday has that precedent of Braniac controlling his body. Yeah he was fighting him off but not in 10 seconds

Also, I think transfering mental consciousness is somewhat different from direct telepathy. So leaning towards Dr Doom here (for a 10 count), especially if the armour just freezes DD in Dooms body. Doom controlling Doomsday doesn't really have to do much other than not get kicked out for 10 seconds

And there's the obvious BFR too.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    And there's the obvious BFR too.
    Absolutely. D-dump is definitely a thing he can do.

Time-dump too, but unless it’s ‘dump him at the Big Bang’ or ‘dump him at the destruction of the universe’, I’m not sure how effective that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Absolutely. D-dump is definitely a thing he can do.

Time-dump too, but unless it’s ‘dump him at the Big Bang’ or ‘dump him at the destruction of the universe’, I’m not sure how effective that would be.
    They're in the area, moving him back through time is pointless. Doomsday will just, you know, ride out the ensuing span of years until fight time again.

It might be worth moving him a few hours into the future as far as giving Doom time to cast a bunch of spells until they catch up to each other, but really that's inefficient and potentially won't accomplish much compared to just win via mind transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    They're in the area, moving him back through time is pointless. Doomsday will just, you know, ride out the ensuing span of years until fight time again.

It might be worth moving him a few hours into the future as far as giving Doom time to cast a bunch of spells until they catch up to each other, but really that's inefficient and potentially won't accomplish much compared to just win via mind transfer.
    Exactly my point. Unless it’s something that is sufficiently powerful (i.e. the beginning or end of the universe), Doomsday would just find a book of sudoku or something and wait it out.

Maybe he’d take up knitting.

He could call himself Loomsday.

Mind transfer should work. As DD in Dooms body gets pinned by armor and Doom just flexed in his new body.

Doesn't the Ovoid mind transfer take a lit bit of eye to eye contact for it work? Or does Doom just look at DD and just transfer his body?

I guess Doom wins then considering Doomsday has that precedent of Braniac controlling his body. Yeah he was fighting him off but not in 10 seconds

Also, I think transfering mental consciousness is somewhat different from direct telepathy. So leaning towards Dr Doom here (for a 10 count), especially if the armour just freezes DD in Dooms body. Doom controlling Doomsday doesn't really have to do much other than not get kicked out for 10 seconds
    If you dont feel it acts as direct telepathy, does that mean you feel TP resistance feats play no part in resisting it?
    - big_adventure