Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man vs Deathstroke, Taskmaster, Batgirl

Spider-Man vs Deathstroke, Taskmaster, Batgirl

Arena fight.

* Spider-Man: Peter Parker 616-version, but no web-shooters.

* Deathstroke: Post-Crisis version, standard equipment, but no force field tech or anti-Superman tech.

* Taskmaster: 616-version, standard equipment.

* Batgirl: Cassandra Cain version, standard utility belt equipment.

If this is stomp for Peter, add in Bullseye, 616-version, standard equipment.

I do not see how a competent Peter could lose here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I do not see how a competent Peter could lose here.
    Stomp? Even with Bullseye?

Spider-man vastly surpasses these three in speed and strength.

I'm not sure where Deathstroke stands these days, but typically he's seen in the peak human or slightly above ballpark.
    Taskamaster has his double time trick, but that only lasts for a very brief moment and then he's back to peak human levels.
    Batgirl is the fastest here, but even she is going to have a hard time keeping up, and her body reading plays a second fiddle to Peter's Spider senses. Sure, she can see what you're about to do, but Spider-man can do that without even having to look at you.

For their weapons basically they're throwing sharp stuff and explosives at him. That's not even a Tuesday for him. He's got that written in his daily planner.
    10 o'clock, yelled at by Jameson
    10:30, put on costume play pranks on Jameson
    11 o'clock, attacked by Goblin
    12 o'clock remember I was supposed to be doing something for somebody at 11 o'clock

The strength gap is so wide that Spider-man isn't even one punching these guys. He can finger flick them unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Spider-man vastly surpasses these three in speed and strength.

I'm not sure where Deathstroke stands these days, but typically he's seen in the peak human or slightly above ballpark.
    Taskamaster has his double time trick, but that only lasts for a very brief moment and then he's back to peak human levels.
    Batgirl is the fastest here, but even she is going to have a hard time keeping up, and her body reading plays a second fiddle to Peter's Spider senses. Sure, she can see what you're about to do, but Spider-man can do that without even having to look at you.

For their weapons basically they're throwing sharp stuff and explosives at him. That's not even a Tuesday for him. He's got that written in his daily planner.
    10 o'clock, yelled at by Jameson
    10:30, put on costume play pranks on Jameson
    11 o'clock, attacked by Goblin
    12 o'clock remember I was supposed to be doing something for somebody at 11 o'clock

The strength gap is so wide that Spider-man isn't even one punching these guys. He can finger flick them unconscious.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the technical explanation for how Peter defeats these guys, lol. Then there's Peter's spider sense that gives him an advantage against other bullet timers as well. How close in speed do you think Cassandra and Peter are?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Team win with standard equipment. Too many grenades from not inconsiderately fast folks

With a bit of strategy and spreading out they can certainly win in the arena

Or they could booby trap one of the team with a grenade for the technical win

I am moderately certain some of these people are carrying knockout gas bombs/capsules/whatevers as far as issues that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I am moderately certain some of these people are carrying knockout gas bombs/capsules/whatevers as far as issues that way.
    It occurred to me, when designing the rumble, that each of the three Spidey opponents, being super-competent at the tactics thing, might instantly synergize their attacks.

So, for example, if Tasky saw Spidey and Deathstroke mixing it up, Tasky could predict the best way to attack such that Spidey has to choose between taking one of the attacks. Sort of like a fork in chess.

And if they've got area effects, using one at exactly the right time, as per the kind of tactical analysis each can perform, might be even more effective.

Whether these tactics can offset Spidey-sense/speed/reflexes I don't know.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 07-28-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Last I checked, Deathstroke was basically "Captain Americanized" with a super soldier serum. Combined with his Ikon suit, yeah. Him alone will be hell for Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Last I checked, Deathstroke was basically "Captain Americanized" with a super soldier serum. Combined with his Ikon suit, yeah. Him alone will be hell for Spidey.
    Yeah Captain America is nowhere near adult 616 Peter

The OP clearly states post crisis so no Ikon suit

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Classic flavour Cassandra Cain by herself is actually a pretty decent fight for Peter.

She's nowhere near as physically strong as him but she has pressure points to offset that, her body reading is a decent match for Spider-Sense, her speed feats are about as good as his and she's way more trained and versed in combat than he is.

Add Deathstroke and Taskmaster into the mix, I'm having a hard time seeing how Peter does this without webs. Especially with all of the ordinance and gadgets that the team brings to the field.

Now, if this is modern era Cassie then she's dramatically less potent which makes this fight a whole lot harder for the team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Stomp? Even with Bullseye?
    In the comics he fought Bullsye. He was so outclassed he had to use explosives set before hand and a parachute to get away. Spider-man hits him, game over.

Spiderma starts the fight by running at the team. Slade is basically slightly faster than Bruce, which means he gets blitzed and killed, unless Cass somehow saves him.

Taskmaster isn't really a bulletimer either. Short of him having some gadget that is either thought activated or cyclops style Wrist visor button activated, he won't be able to do anything but die. Spiderman can get in position before tactical Aoe an force him away.

So at the bell Cas has to choose whether to try to save slade or task. Regardless of which she save they don't have enough speed or heavy ordinance to pepper Spiderman enugh to slip up to get tagged by Cass withut tagging her back.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 07-29-2020 at 12:24 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The only one not getting blitzed horribly by Peter is Cass. And she's not a match for him. She is awesome, but she doesn't carry arena-filling explosives or gasses and he's a lot faster then she can hit at range. Once close, he's somewhat faster and only needs to hit her once with a glancing shot to win. She'd need to hit him a LOT. She's more skilled and has lots of good tricks at her disposal, but it's usually not going to be enough given the ridiculous stat difference.

Pete's going to win the large majority in my eyes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Part of me wonders how Classic Cass body reading interacts with Spider-Sense.

Like...

Peter: *goes to punch*

Cass: he's gonna through a punch, I'll dodge *goes to dodge*

Peter: she's gonna dodge, I'll adjust *adjusts punch*

Cass: he's adjusting, I'll dodge more *adjusts dodge*

Etc...

Like, how far does it go?

Or do they just get into some kind of mind-fight staredown thing like in Hero?