Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 197
  1. #151
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    I don't really see the CW's usual type of character conflict and internal angst working well with Clark. Perhaps they'll do right by Superman, but of all the networks on tv, the CW is about the last one I would trust to handle Superman in a way I find enjoyable.

    I wish the show luck because any success is better than none, and I'll probably check out the pilot just to see what they do, but I highly doubt it'll be my cup of tea. I don't expect the CW to provide the kind of nuance and duality to the Clark-Superman construct that I want to see. I expect the CW will write a version of "Clark is who I am" and that holds no appeal.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  2. #152
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Any hype I would have had was deflated once I read "Injustice."

    Hope you lads enjoy it, but I'm already out.
    I liked the comic. Haven't played the game. But this doesn't interest me much. I was hoping for something involving the "good" Injustice universe (so the "Justice" universe, I guess?).
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  3. #153
    Incredible Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I liked the comic. Haven't played the game. But this doesn't interest me much. I was hoping for something involving the "good" Injustice universe (so the "Justice" universe, I guess?).
    I'm not even sure what the appeal of a story set in the "good" Injustice would have? The regular DC universe but just in uglier costumes?

  4. #154
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Just playing devilís advocate, while Iím disappointed that itís yet another Injustice comic I guess I can see the appeal for a creator to get to play with a universe not tied to main continuity. By introducing the JSA in the Injustice universe, Taylor can pretty much rewrite the DC golden age how ever he wants. He doesnít have to follow the groundwork that other creators, like Johns, have already established.

    If he wants Amazing-Man to be a founding member of this JSA, he can add him to the team and not have a fan or editorial backlash.

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Well, we know Ted Grant shows up in the Injustice 2 comic so he lives to the 21st century.
    I just mentioned Alan and Ted as hypothetical.

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm not even sure what the appeal of a story set in the "good" Injustice would have? The regular DC universe but just in uglier costumes?
    Supposedly one of the endings to the second game has Brainiac invading the "good" universe. It would be interesting to see that.
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  6. #156
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Supposedly one of the endings to the second game has Brainiac invading the "good" universe. It would be interesting to see that.
    Well, the ending for Superman in Injustice 2....

    spoilers for a game that is several years old here.....

    Superman uses Brainiac's technology and turns almost everyone who's against (including Bats) him into drones, and plans on invading and conquering the multiverse with an army of mind controlled heroes.

    That's what I want to see for Injustice 3; a multiversal war against an evil Superman. It'd be a chance to get back to the 'good' universe from the first game and would offer a lot of opportunities for new characters on the roster and new skins for pretty much everyone.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  7. #157
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just not convinced of that yet because of the kid angle. I still can easily see the teens eventually taking focus of the show, to the point that Kara's shadow will just be replaced by theirs. Obviously it'll be a while before we find out and if I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'll admit it, but it feels like a very strong possibility to me at this point considering the network.
    I would like to say your fears are unfounded, but considering how often the lead in CW shows get overshadowed or downplayed in favor of their supporting cast...I think this is a legitimate fear.

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, the ending for Superman in Injustice 2....

    spoilers for a game that is several years old here.....

    Superman uses Brainiac's technology and turns almost everyone who's against (including Bats) him into drones, and plans on invading and conquering the multiverse with an army of mind controlled heroes.

    That's what I want to see for Injustice 3; a multiversal war against an evil Superman. It'd be a chance to get back to the 'good' universe from the first game and would offer a lot of opportunities for new characters on the roster and new skins for pretty much everyone.
    The Masters of the Universe crossover actually explored this. It's the ending they went with. Given that the premise of the game is a "choose your own adventure" style ending, I don't know if you would call this the "official" ending.
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  9. #159
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, the ending for Superman in Injustice 2....

    spoilers for a game that is several years old here.....

    Superman uses Brainiac's technology and turns almost everyone who's against (including Bats) him into drones, and plans on invading and conquering the multiverse with an army of mind controlled heroes.

    That's what I want to see for Injustice 3; a multiversal war against an evil Superman. It'd be a chance to get back to the 'good' universe from the first game and would offer a lot of opportunities for new characters on the roster and new skins for pretty much everyone.
    a comic in which superman defeats batgod, i assure you that it is impossible, dc would close before allowing it.

  10. #160
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Injustice doesn't do justice to Superman and WW as characters. If there is anyone who is one traumatic event away from being a dictator, it would be Batman who represents law & order and inflicts fear onto criminals. Superman is the guy who represents hope & humility and acts as the last of defense for humanity against world ending threats but somehow couldn't deal with the loss of his wife & Metropolis and WW represents feminism & empathy but becomes a manipulative ... that corrupted him. Not to mention you have bunch of other heroes become morally conflicted for no good reason then just to make a fight between superheroes.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 08-01-2020 at 06:51 PM.

  11. #161
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Injustice doesn't do justice to Superman and WW as characters. If there is anyone who is one traumatic event away from being a dictator, it would be Batman who represents law & order and inflicts fear onto criminals. Superman is the guy who represents hope & humility and acts as the last of defense for humanity against world ending threats and WW represents feminism & empathy.
    I hate Superman’s representation but I actually think Wonder Woman almost comes off worse. At least Superman had his brain screwed up with the fear toxin laced with Kryptonite, which started his decent into madness. Wonder Woman is just portrayed as a militaristic one dimensional character who just goes along with Superman’s fascist plans.

  12. #162
    Incredible Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Injustice doesn't do justice to Superman and WW as characters. If there is anyone who is one traumatic event away from being a dictator, it would be Batman who represents law & order and inflicts fear onto criminals. Superman is the guy who represents hope & humility and acts as the last of defense for humanity against world ending threats but somehow couldn't deal with the loss of his wife & Metropolis and WW represents feminism & empathy but becomes a manipulative ... that corrupted him. Not to mention you have bunch of other heroes become morally conflicted for no good reason then just to make a fight between superheroes.
    I mean at least Taylor tried to explain Superman's fall from grace and others like GL and Flash. With Wonder Woman he just doubled down on her as arm candy/devil on the shoulder cliche and didn't bother trying to explain what made her different until an Annual years later to try and ride off the coattails of the movie.

  13. #163
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Injustice doesn't do justice to Superman and WW as characters. If there is anyone who is one traumatic event away from being a dictator, it would be Batman who represents law & order and inflicts fear onto criminals. Superman is the guy who represents hope & humility and acts as the last of defense for humanity against world ending threats but somehow couldn't deal with the loss of his wife & Metropolis and WW represents feminism & empathy but becomes a manipulative ... that corrupted him. Not to mention you have bunch of other heroes become morally conflicted for no good reason then just to make a fight between superheroes.
    I know some people may not like me saying this, but why does it have to do those characters justice? It’s not their in universe version that we follow with their own individual stories that are depicted in cartoons and movies. These are literally alternate versions of the characters meant to be clearly different from their standard depictions, and exist solely in this property/franchise.

    That’s honestly why I like injustice as much as I do, it effects nothing in the main continuity and is entirely it’s own thing. It’s an elseworld, so if Superman and Wonder Woman are evil then Superman and Wonder Woman can be evil for whatever reason they want. Same goes for the heroes fighting them. I mean Lex Luthor was written as Superman’s best friend, so who cares if Wonder Woman is aggressive and Superman goes a little to authoritarian, it’s just its own story that will effect nothing else.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-01-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I know some people may not like me saying this, but why does it have to do those characters justice? It’s not their in universe version that we follow with their own individual stories that are depicted in cartoons and movies. These are literally alternate versions of the characters meant to be clearly different from their standard depictions, and exist solely in this property/franchise.
    These "alternate version" title rarely register for regular fans or general audiences. They see the joker as a joker movie. They may understand it as standalone story or not. But,those attributes they see in the "elseworlds" in their minds get stamped on to the so called "canon" characters. I mean, people constantly bring up injustice now everytime lois gets in danger. That's maligning the product . Lois has been getting into trouble since 1938.And even if she dies, that doesn’t mean the character will go of the rails.Really,have a couple of hundreds of storiea where batman goes off the rail because dick grayson dies. Then see if it matter its elseworld. As if, dark knight returns doesn't paint a picture the view And perspective through which superman is viewed(Rightly or wrongly) . And canon in comics industry is a joke, anyways.
    As said, superman is typecasted into "superhero" . The character needs to bend genres again. The character was built as a mix of action, scifi, fantasy.. Etc. That's the only way the character can stay relevant.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-01-2020 at 10:05 PM.

  15. #165
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean at least Taylor tried to explain Superman's fall from grace and others like GL and Flash. With Wonder Woman he just doubled down on her as arm candy/devil on the shoulder cliche and didn't bother trying to explain what made her different until an Annual years later to try and ride off the coattails of the movie.
    Taylor stated that he couldn't see Wonder Woman doing the things regime WW did so as far as he was concerned she was always a villain. I have my issues with Injustice, but they honestly should have just left it at that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •