Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Tom Taylor teasing an announcement

I know it’s not the best title in the world, but hey what else was I going to call it.

So anyway over on Twitter Tom Taylor, of Injustice and DCeased fame, is teasing a new series. Given the quote “I think it could have been different.” - Batman, and the fact that some people think the I in the image looks suspiciously close to the I from Injustice that perhaps Taylor is teasing a new Injustice series, whether that’s a main book or another crossover like He-man who is to say. Or maybe it’s not Injustice related at all and Taylor’s having fun with the teasers for all I can say. Personally all I know is that I am a pretty big Tom Taylor fan at this point in time and will read whatever he writes, he has earned that with me with most if not all of his works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...33937506070533
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It’s definitely Injustice but I’d be surprised if they’re announcing Injustice 3 this way, a comic tie-in before the main game. Plus there are rumors that NRS is trying something else game-wise before moving on to Injustice. I saw someone suggest that it could be a “what-if?” with the events of Injustice going differently, which would line up with the text Taylor teased. But we’ll see.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-26-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s definitely Injustice but I’d be surprised if they’re announcing Injustice 3 this way, a comic tie-in before the main game. Plus there are rumors that NRS is trying something else game-wise before moving on to Injustice. I saw someone suggest that it could be a “what-if?” with the vents of Injustice going differently, which would line up with the text Taylor teased. But we’ll see.
    It could be nicely timed with an Injustice 3 announcement at FanDome.

I mean I could totally see NRS just telling DC to do what they want with the comic whole they make their own separate thing in the games. I mean do we really think we are going to see Conner Kent as Superman or athanasia al ghul or even the Super kids in the video games.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor is doing the next generation of heroes similar to what he’s doing in DCeased.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, the Injustice absence was nice while it lasted.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-26-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Taylor, along with Hickman, must be my favorite comic writers of all-time right now, so I am quite happy that he got another big project in his hands, and I am pretty sure he will not dissapoint

I loved his All New Wolverine run
    Would jump at the chance to get it in
    Omnibus form ( not that I am holding my breath).

Okay so first an I and now an N....if this isn’t Injustice related I am going to be completely shocked

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...67892801359872
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm thinking Injustice prequel series. Or alternate universe version. It would be nice to see Batman become the douche for a change.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Injustice crossover with dceased?

Mighty Member

It might be nice to have a reason to look at the DC section again.

As someone who is completely unfamiliar with any games that came out less than 20 years ago, should I assume that the "other events of Injustice" referenced above are based on alternate endings to the game?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay so first an I and now an N....if this isn’t Injustice related I am going to be completely shocked

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...67892801359872
    Oh God is he seriously going to tease out every individual letter a day? Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    It might be nice to have a reason to look at the DC section again.

As someone who is completely unfamiliar with any games that came out less than 20 years ago, should I assume that the "other events of Injustice" referenced above are based on alternate endings to the game?
    Well kind of, there are two endings to Injustice 2 depending on if Superman wins or Batman wins. In fact we see the Superman ending world in Injustice vs He-man comic. There are also character specific endings if you do the character challenges to the end.

However it’s also a fact that certain things in the comic are different then the game. Like characters who appear in the comic, and are a big part of it, don’t appear in the game like Conner Kent, Cassie Sandsmark, Steel(Natasha), Booster Gold, Plastic Man and his son, or even completely new characters like Anthasia al Ghul, aka Batman’s Daughter and Damian’s sister. Certain new characters do get referenced like Black Canary and Green Arrow’s son or Harley Quinn’s daughter though, who do have big parts in the comic. Heck even plot points like the fact that Black Lightning became President of the United States are not in the game. Suffice to say they don’t necessarily contradict each other but there are some things the comics does on its own.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My guess is stuff like that is corporate hand down orders. He HAS to tease it out day after day to build up the "hype".
    Assassinate Putin!

Lol.

Can't wait for day 8.

" 'Injustic' what you guys think it is?"