Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean at least Taylor tried to explain Superman's fall from grace and others like GL and Flash. With Wonder Woman he just doubled down on her as arm candy/devil on the shoulder cliche and didn't bother trying to explain what made her different until an Annual years later to try and ride off the coattails of the movie.
    How much of that is really on Taylor though? He had to work his story within the boundaries of the video game, where Diana was kinda just evil. Which given that Lex is a good guy, works just fine. This is also why I give him slack with the Harley Quinn thing. It was strongly implied in the game that Harley helped Joker destroy Metropolis and Batman works with her anyway.
    I think Taylor did the best he could to add more substance than the premise had any right to have.
    Anyway I’m never offended when my favorites have evil alt doppelgängers, for a franchise like dc where part it’s appeal is exploring what ifs? Stories like this come with the territory.

I think that if Taylor didn't do something right then "Injustice" as a comics brand wouldn't be still alive years later.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I feel like a lot of you are projecting your own feelings on Taylor and assuming he is being forced to write this. He's been the main writer on injustice since it started, he's had just as much of a hand in building this world as the makers of the video game at this point. It's also what helped bring spotlight to his career, this isn't some sort of "containment" title to him. And also, he is writing suicide squad if you want to see him write a in continuity ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Masters of the Universe crossover actually explored this. It's the ending they went with. Given that the premise of the game is a "choose your own adventure" style ending, I don't know if you would call this the "official" ending.
    No, it's not the official ending and the third game likely won't follow it, but it's a story I'd like to see.

I forgot there was that He-Man crossover.....I wonder if that guy could make it into the roster for the next game? That'd be cool.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Taylor stated that he couldn't see Wonder Woman doing the things regime WW did so as far as he was concerned she was always a villain. I have my issues with Injustice, but they honestly should have just left it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    How much of that is really on Taylor though? He had to work his story within the boundaries of the video game, where Diana was kinda just evil. Which given that Lex is a good guy, works just fine. This is also why I give him slack with the Harley Quinn thing. It was strongly implied in the game that Harley helped Joker destroy Metropolis and Batman works with her anyway.
    I think Taylor did the best he could to add more substance than the premise had any right to have.
    Anyway I’m never offended when my favorites have evil alt doppelgängers, for a franchise like dc where part it’s appeal is exploring what ifs? Stories like this come with the territory.
    I'm aware he was stuck within the confines of a pre-established property. I just think he was lazy when it came to her in comparison to the other characters on the regime side.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The Masters of the Universe crossover actually explored this. It's the ending they went with. Given that the premise of the game is a "choose your own adventure" style ending, I don't know if you would call this the "official" ending.
    I think that was supposed to bring that ending to a close because the Batman ending was the canon ending for the game continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Taylor stated that he couldn't see Wonder Woman doing the things regime WW did so as far as he was concerned she was always a villain. I have my issues with Injustice, but they honestly should have just left it at that.
    That doesn't quite track with how she's depicted in Injustice 2 comic in my opinion. Heck, she even managed to talk some of the Amazons into helping her crusade.

Taylor can say what he wants, but between Injustice and DCeased, I think he's a little overly enamored with the idea of Wonder Woman as a bloodthirsty, murderous monster.
    And an ineffectual one at that.

If he must inflict himself on Diana, at least it's in these garbage alternate reality stories. I'd dread to see him attempt writing mainline Wonder Woman.

"Garbage taste, garbage stories, garbage this, garbage that"

Yeah, we get it already that you people have such "a superior taste" compared to the peasant casuals. Can we move on already?
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    "Garbage taste, garbage stories, garbage this, garbage that"

Yeah, we get it already that you people have such "a superior taste" compared to the peasant casuals. Can we move on already?
    I really got to agree with this, the Injustice bashing is really making this thread a drag. You can say that you don't like how some characters are portrayed and your not interested in the book without making it sound like anyone who likes the books is some genetic reject or silly plebian.

Yeah, enough with the Injustice bashing. It’s a good book, and it’s successful just like the games. Clearly there’s an audience there and Tom is very talented and knows how to handle/juggle multiple characters! I’m excited for this, and going by Twitter I’m not the only one. It also means Injustice 3 is on the horizon!

I actually kind of feel a little bad for Taylor; he kind of made his name at DC with Injustice (that's when I first really noticed him anyway) but now everyone is all "He's an awful writer! Look at how he writes everyone in Injustice!" as if he were the one responsible for the game's story, or couldn't write the characters "properly" if he were handling them in the main line.

I think the fact that he was able to make the story of Injustice worth reading is quite an achievement, personally. I like the games well enough, but actually crafting a whole narrative around it, that has lasted for *years* and sold well is pretty impressive, I think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

With Injustice I gave Taylor rope because he is working with what he's given. But then came DCeased.

That's all I need to see. I have no use for him.

Don't bare any ill-will towards Taylor for writing Injustice or think lesser of people who find enjoyment in it, just find it and the premise of DCeased creatively bankrupt/unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Taylor can say what he wants, but between Injustice and DCeased, I think he's a little overly enamored with the idea of Wonder Woman as a bloodthirsty, murderous monster.
    And an ineffectual one at that.

If he must inflict himself on Diana, at least it's in these garbage alternate reality stories. I'd dread to see him attempt writing mainline Wonder Woman.
    But agree on this, if he writes more in-continuity stories she should be off-limits to him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think dceased is the only book worth buy right now from dc. It has something that comics rarely has- real death, loss and stakes. Ofcourse, that could change as franchise grows.But as of now, I am hoping it has a middle and an end. Books like dceased is what dc should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that was supposed to bring that ending to a close because the Batman ending was the canon ending for the game continuity.

That doesn't quite track with how she's depicted in Injustice 2 comic in my opinion. Heck, she even managed to talk some of the Amazons into helping her crusade.
    I didn't see any difference between how she was written in Injustice 1 and 2. And her talking some Amazons into helping her isn't any different from how she got the entire island to side with the regime in the first game.