Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Agreed. Man, what does a comic book fan have to do to get a new ongoing JSA series set in main DC continuity?
    Yeah, talk about a monkey’s paw. A JSA series but set in Injustice and written by Tom Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like Taylor could probably have his pick of projects at this point. He's maybe not one of the top end major writers, like a Scott Snyder, but Taylor's pretty well known and fans seem to like his work even when the concept he's working with isn't everyone's cup of tea (like Injustice). I feel like if he's doing this book, it's probably because he wants to. And Taylor probably has more freedom doing Injustice than he would on a main title, even if the overall framework is decided by the game studio.

Actually, does Taylor have any input with the game studio? Has he helped co-write the game story? Comic creators get brought in to consult and occasionally help script write, right?

And maybe DC considers this a big gig, or maybe it's just a bonus and a way to sweeten the pot for Nether Realm, I have no idea how the Injustice books sell.
    That’s a good question, because a fair amount of stuff from his comic series did wind up being in Injustice 2; stuff like the alternate universe green arrow with Black Canary and their kid and Harley Quinn’s daughter to name a few.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

According to Bleeding Cool, the book is out on Tuesday.

New JSA book?
    Amazing-Man mini series set in the 40s?
    In continuity event?

Oh...it’s another Injustice book.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Well I was partly right about the JSA....but I'm disappointed that it's not in continuity. But oh well, I'll check out the first three issues.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Here's a better description of the series:

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-dc-se...ice-year-zero/
    Other than building up lore I'm still not sure what the purpose of this is unless there's going to be some tie-in to Injustice 3. I guess testing if anything with the Injustice name prints money.

I mean, is anyone really interested in the nitty gritty of how Joker pulled off controlling Superman? It was pretty simple. Unless Taylor is going to use this as a chance to retcon Harley into being less culpable in what happened.

Are they going to show how the JSA banded together to fight Hitler as a comparison for how Batman’s team came together to fight Superman? Good job DC. Superman is now being equated to Hitler in your best selling comic line.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Other than building up lore I'm still not sure what the purpose of this is unless there's going to be some tie-in to Injustice 3. I guess testing if anything with the Injustice name prints money.

I mean, is anyone really interested in the nitty gritty of how Joker pulled off controlling Superman? It was pretty simple. Unless Taylor is going to use this as a chance to retcon Harley into being less culpable in what happened.
    That’s probably exactly what he’s planning lol. Anything to protect his waifu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Are they going to show how the JSA banded together to fight Hitler as a comparison for how Batman’s team came together to fight Superman? Good job DC. Superman is now being equated to Hitler in your best selling comic line.
    Injustice Superman is a Nazi. He’s even got his own swastika. He’s got concentration camps. The Regime is just the Fourth Reich. Thank God we have Batgod, well-known defender of civil liberties to protect us

It sucks that a character literally built as a “**** you” to the Nazis has been so perverted to shill Batman (not even starting on what they’ve done to WW) but this is how the franchise was built. I see these as containment books for Taylor to keep him away from the mainline which suits me just fine. I hope he never touches mainline Supes.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Unless the Injustice 3 game has them going back in time, I fail to see why this is out of canon. Seems an odd direction for the games to go in.
    Assassinate Putin!

That would be amusing considering I think Taylor is the one who made it Quinn was actively involved in the destruction of Metropolis/murder of Lois whereas the game I don't think made it clear.

Unless the Injustice 3 game has them going back in time, I fail to see why this is out of canon. Seems an odd direction for the games to go in.
    Could be setting up characters who will appear in Injustice 3. The rumor is Nekron is the main villain so they might revive some of the JSA for Nekron's army, along with dead characters from past games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That would be amusing considering I think Taylor is the one who made it Quinn was actively involved in the destruction of Metropolis/murder of Lois whereas the game I don't think made it clear.
    Well, she was helping him bomb Metropolis in the Prime Universe though I forget if she actually knew what they were doing.

it may be that it just allows him more freedom. like he could potentially kill off someone like Alan Scott or Ted Grant with no huge repercussions for other books.

BANNED

injustice once again, once again superman as the villain, it is clear that for dc superman is more a villain than a hero, I am sure that the moment the old fans retire, superman will become a villain canon. that's why I think the best thing for superman and its fans is for their comics to be canceled and forgotten for a few years.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Injustice Superman is a Nazi. He’s even got his own swastika. He’s got concentration camps. The Regime is just the Fourth Reich. Thank God we have Batgod, well-known defender of civil liberties to protect us

It sucks that a character literally built as a “**** you” to the Nazis has been so perverted to shill Batman (not even starting on what they’ve done to WW) but this is how the franchise was built. I see these as containment books for Taylor to keep him away from the mainline which suits me just fine. I hope he never touches mainline Supes.
    Actually, the character was built to say "**** you" to the corrupt and fight for the little guy as one of em. And superman had become far more perverted even prior to injustice. Injustice is just a symptom.

Could be setting up characters who will appear in Injustice 3. The rumor is Nekron is the main villain so they might revive some of the JSA for Nekron's army, along with dead characters from past games.

Well, she was helping him bomb Metropolis in the Prime Universe though I forget if she actually knew what they were doing.
    Prime Universe Harley knew. Lex loaned Joker the bomb and they both drove it to the middle of the city. Injustice Harley didn’t know. Somehow. But she did shoot Jimmy Olsen in the head, and helped Joker perform surgery on Lois, yet somehow she remained oblivious that the surgery they were doing was to connect Lois heart to a bomb. Somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    injustice once again, once again superman as the villain, it is clear that for dc superman is more a villain than a hero, I am sure that the moment the old fans retire, superman will become a villain canon. that's why I think the best thing for superman and its fans is for their comics to be canceled and forgotten for a few years.
    Uh no that wouldn’t help at all lmao. The idea that people would just “forget” Supes is laughable, nothing is ever forgotten these days. If you took away Superman comics all that’s left is the Injustice games, the DCEU, and the S&L TV show. Only one of those has a positive portrayal of Supes.