Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Thanks!
    What's Guardians?

Huh, I didn't know those were independent and/or foreign, I remember both being a big deal at the theaters.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I watched All Superheroes Must Die when I was making my list.

First I'm hearing of Kitty Kills though, is it good?
    Yeah it's some killer cheesecake type stuff not Oscar bait. So bad it's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah it's some killer cheesecake type stuff not Oscar bait. So bad it's good stuff.
    It's apparently available for streaming on Amazon Prime, but I can't seem to find it on disc anywhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's apparently available for streaming on Amazon Prime, but I can't seem to find it on disc anywhere.
    Yeah I know. It's weird it's not on disc.

Incredible Member

there's always the 80s super cheesy 'THE RETURN OF CAPTAIN INVINCIBLE' from australia with the legendery christopher lee as the villain who sings, yep a cheesy musical comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9se8i4ujs

more recently, there's rendel from finland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRIJTsDUZw

mercery man from thailand
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jngwsAblE

i dunno if 'the four' from hong kong qualifies since it is a wuxia flick so a lot of wireworks but the powers they have are very specific
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqrudEkXpqE

Just throw them out there and because I can't in good conscience recommend some of the foreign films

Old Guard
    Push
    Jumper
    Chronicle
    Wanted
    Code 9
    Kick Ass
    Unbreakable/Glass
    I am Number 4
    Brightburn
    Scott Pilgrim Vs the World
    Hancock
    Hellboy

Sky High
    Zoom
    The Spirit
    The Rocketeer
    The Crow

Ultraviolet
    Equilibrium
    Ninja Assassin

Incredible Member

if you are including american , you should include the granddaddy of them all , mark hamall the guyver
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaokw1_0KSU
    Last edited by marshal88; 07-28-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Check out one of my favorite Jet Li films, Black Mask. It's insane, action packed, and a lot of fun

81ik2tUhasL._RI_.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

Canadian fantasy/super-hero movies (some of these are co-productions with other nations)

THE ANGEL AND THE WOMAN (1977)
    ATANARJUAT: THE FAST RUNNER (2001)
    BEOWULF & GRENDEL (2005)
    THE CLOCKWORK GIRL (2014) animated
    HEAVY METAL (1991) animated
    THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS (2009)
    IN THE NAME OF THE KING (2007 - 2014) a trilogy
    JACOB TWO-TWO MEETS THE HOODED FANG (1978), based on the book by Modecai Richler, later adapted for T.V.
    LATITUDE 55° (1982)
    LÉOLO (1992)
    THE METAMORPHOSIS OF MR. SAMSA (1977) animated short
    THE NORTHLANDER (2016)
    The "Tales for All" series of movies (1971 - 2014), 25 in all
    WILD RUN: THE LEGEND (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Might be time for you to binge The original Masked Dark Knight Avenger, ...with the Melodrama tuned up to 11,0000!

Zorro The Telenovela

If you can find it, for the record you have to go in prepared, and take it as fun, with a huge grain of salt, I'd never watched a Soap Opera, even less a Spanish one (even though I do speak Spanish), and this one does not hold back.
    This was pretty bizarre but incredibly fun experience about some outrageous, over the top passionate, sexy melodrama.
    From what I learned the Telenovela formula is simple:

Ep.1 Boy meets Girl, ...then spend the next 115 episodes finding any way possible of keeping them apart.
    And they mean anything:

From plot twists, ancient curse, and mysteries, an eye patch villain, gypsies, a crazy hunchback, witches, ghosts/spirits (yes one of the main characters may or may not be there), an Amazon tribe. Yeah, Amazons, as in this case a tribe of Warrior jungle Women . History and geography anachronism abound.

The back-story is very loosely taken from the Allende Zorro Novel,

These (unlike weekly shows) are shot daily in quick succession episodes, and aired daily, one after the other, for the entire run. So don't expect methodical writing and plotting.
    Production is what you'd expect. although they pull off some lavish period setting and costumes (I think shot in Colombia).
    The acting ... well does it mater? You'll be reading subtitles.
    Also the name of the Telenovela is La Espada y La Rosa, the Sword and the Rose.
    The sword is Zorro, but the star of the show is La Rosa, guest staring Zorro. There are long drawn out outrageous narratives that don't even include him, Keep that in mind. The whole thing has a surreal or magic-real whatever they call it element. You kinda have to surrender to that, If you can roll with all that, you might enjoy it.

Oh and any "Superhero" action is ridiculously sparse and dodgy.
    But Zorro dose wield dual pistolas, which is truer to the pulp incarnation than most modern versions.

(wait are those revolvers, damn, they can't get anything right)

Also it has an opening theme song by Alejandro Fernández and Beyoncé ...singing in Spanish!
    I watched it when it run here in Brasil dubbed in portuguese. I love it. But then, I really like telenovelas, mainly the brazilian ones.

On the topic of crazy telenovelas I have to post this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2E3L9zbO0

It's a brazilian telenovela, it started as a x-men ripoff, about a crazy geneticist that run ilegal experiments on babies and gave them powers, but after almost 3 years, by the end it have Atlanteans, underground civilizations, Philosopher's stone, Excalibur, magic and reptilian aliens.

I couldn't finished it, but from time to time I would watch a episode just to see how crazy it was.

I don't know if this counts, but I would suggest Cemetery Man (1994):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-31-2020 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Mighty Member

If you like the 60s Batman you should like this

Ok this has bugged me for sometime now. There was a TV movie which had to have aired in the 80's about a judge that becomes a vigilante type hero. Could be wrong on this but i believe his family is killed which cause him to become a vigilante. In my mind it was called Dark Justice and not the TV series by the same name. I seem to recall it had a Darkman vibe to it. Does anyone remember or know what i'm talking about or did i just make this up in my head? I have done numerous searches but have found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Ok this has bugged me for sometime now. There was a TV movie which had to have aired in the 80's about a judge that becomes a vigilante type hero. Could be wrong on this but i believe his family is killed which cause him to become a vigilante. In my mind it was called Dark Justice and not the TV series by the same name. I seem to recall it had a Darkman vibe to it. Does anyone remember or know what i'm talking about or did i just make this up in my head? I have done numerous searches but have found nothing.
    1991, but not far off from the 1980s.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Justice