Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Homo novissima arise exactly because of mutants, so eradicating them wouldn’t speed up their advent, all the contrary.

She failed 3 times because she is trying to accomplish something very complicated: making a tiny minority hated and feared survive despite the rest of world population wanting them dead. How many “lives” have been spent, for example, fighting for racial equality in the USA? We are still well behind the goal though. 3 lives are not that much for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Hmm thinking about it this could be a good idea. Lets have Xavier and them create a cure for human hate and bias using Krakoan flowers. After all human hate and bias are the most dangerous things in the world. I am sure the many humans in the MU will jump at the chance to be able to think and approach the mutant situation free of all hate and bias.

Ohh or better yet, if dangerous mutants agree to a cure humans have to agree to getting rid of all their destructive weapons as well. Lets level the playing field. Magneto would be happy to dispose of them for them. Then EVERYONE can be safe. Because if there is no dangerous mutants surely humanity will love them and if there are no weapons surely mutants will feel safe enough to cure their ticking time bombs.
    I have personally accepted only 2 options exist.

One is that machines or bio engineering advancement puts humans on an equal level with mutants initially and then with time makes them superior to mutants as shown by life 6.Moira cannot avoid this eventuality so I guess she is trying to unite mutants to race ahead in the species race with immortality and carefully crafting omegas (Legion and Proteus) among other omegas who are not allied to Krakoa explicitly.

There is one huge factor missing in her calculus,she thinks by going back in time she has a headstart,when in fact it is Humanity that already has a headstart because the Children of the Vault are absolutely homo novissima and they are not only darn powerful but have branched away from humanity and do not consider themselves human ,they are the 3rd species

Which is why I think Synch,X23 and Darwin were sent into the vault by Xavier to have mutants inside there to help a) steal technological evolution secrets mutants don't have for example on accelerated evolution(though Elixir and Tempo seem to know a thing or two,maybe just not to the level of CoV) and b) have a few mutants evolve as homo superior novissima to still be able to fight for the mutant cause if life 6 became reality again.

One huge flaw in her and mutant thinking is that Homo superior novissima in her mind will still tow the line yet we know already CoV don't tow any human line,they want humans and mutants exterminated.So how Moira hopes 3 mutants after being in the vault between 537 years(issue of Jan) and 1880 years (if the story of that expedition is taken up now) still have the mutant cause at heart is anyone's guess.She seems to assume even in dilated time their powers and cognitive prosess will be the same.What makes Xavier and Moira think that I don't know- at a bare minimum they evolve beyond being mutant or have more in common with CoV than mutants realise.They can see that evolution through the vault is more effective than Keakoa because they don't need death and resurrection to incrementally become better versions of themselves but just let accelerated time do the evolution.

My point is they may not like humanity or mutants any more than CoV after reaping that technological boost in evolution.Moira and co may have just accelerated mutant and human demise. It's up to the writers to write but I see it more logical that the three will cast their lot with CoV than with humanity or Krakoa

Which brings me to the second option,the only real way out of this is locking humans and mutants in a vault like in Ecuador to all evolve as one species Homos novissima(superior or not)
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-05-2020 at 03:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have to admit though since it is implied that Xavier knew of the attempt on his life, and did not take precautions,this suggests baiting and recklessness due to his immortality technology.From now on death is not as weighty a Rubicon to be a red line anymore.In fact humans are more than justified to fear for their lives that are incredibly inconsequential to any mutant -Krakoan laws or no. Human survival is hanging on a whim of a pretty volatile and supremacist leadership on Krakoa.
    Xavier letting himself die and coming back would send a message to "humans." This Xavier loves his spy games and political posturing. It's what made him telling them how many months it took to assassinate him have its punch.

I have personally accepted only 2 options exist.

One is that machines or bio engineering advancement puts humans on an equal level with mutants initially and then with time makes them superior to mutants as shown by life 6.Moira cannot avoid this eventuality so I guess she is trying to unite mutants to race ahead in the species race with immortality and carefully crafting omegas (Legion and Proteus) among other omegas who are not allied to Krakoa explicitly.

There is one huge factor missing in her calculus,she thinks by going back in time she has a headstart,when in fact it is Humanity that already has a headstart because the Children of the Vault are absolutely homo novissima and they are not only darn powerful but have branched away from humanity and do not consider themselves human ,they are the 3rd species

Which is why I think Synch,X23 and Darwin were sent into the vault by Xavier to have mutants inside there to help a) steal technological evolution secrets mutants don't have for example on accelerated evolution(though Elixir and Tempo seem to know a thing or two,maybe just not to the level of CoV) and b) have a few mutants evolve as homo superior novissima to still be able to fight for the mutant cause if life 6 became reality again.

One huge flaw in her and mutant thinking is that Homo superior novissima in her mind will still tow the line yet we know already CoV don't tow any human line,they want humans and mutants exterminated.So how Moira hopes 3 mutants after being in the vault between 537 years(issue of Jan) and 1880 years (if the story of that expedition is taken up now) still have the mutant cause at heart is anyone's guess.She seems to assume even in dilated time their powers and cognitive prosess will be the same.What makes Xavier and Moira think that I don't know- at a bare minimum they evolve beyond being mutant or have more in common with CoV than mutants realise.They can see that evolution through the vault is more effective than Keakoa because they don't need death and resurrection to incrementally become better versions of themselves but just let accelerated time do the evolution.

My point is they may not like humanity or mutants any more than CoV after reaping that technological boost in evolution.Moira and co may have just accelerated mutant and human demise. It's up to the writers to write but I see it more logical that the three will cast their lot with CoV than with humanity or Krakoa

Which brings me to the second option,the only real way out of this is locking humans and mutants in a vault like in Ecuador to all evolve as one species Homos novissima(superior or not)

What I don't get is if humans want to get rid of all their powerful mutants or mutants in general who are they going to cry to for safety when the next secret wars or alien invasion hits and you cured what was earth's basically natural defense, mutants. Remember evolution is usually brought on by the need to survive. So though homo novissima is a thing on the way in the future it doesn't stand a chance against any of the threats outside of earth yet the earth is constantly attacked with mutants helping to save them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

What I don't get is if humans want to get rid of all their powerful mutants or mutants in general who are they going to cry to for safety when the next secret wars or alien invasion hits and you cured what was earth's basically natural defense, mutants. Remember evolution is usually brought on by the need to survive. So though homo novissima is a thing on the way in the future it doesn't stand a chance against any of the threats outside of earth yet the earth is constantly attacked with mutants helping to save them.
    Earth isn't reliant on mutants for everything, they have numerous other superheroes teams protecting the world at any given time. Sometimes the X-men don't appear at all, like in Avengers Forever. This is more based on editorial jurisdiction than anything occurring in Marvel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Very, very true. Thats why its so exciting watching this nations birth.
    Question, will many think the same as it falls? Because i think we can all agree it will fall eventually.

If it fails i think Moira will have a big roll in it, i mean someone said that in lives 1 through 4 nothing bad happens to mutants...but when she starts to get proactive, that's when things start to go wrong. I see much merit in that theory. Also when Destiny comes back, and i feel she will, odds are that it is the signal that all will go down the drain for them once more.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally I don't see it "falling" "going down the drain".
    Changing, evolving into something else, perhaps. Maybe not quite as grand as a whole island, but not crumbling into abject failure and reverting to a mansion on 1407 Graymalkin Lane, Salem Centre, Westchester New York to start from scratch all over again. (Although that would be a fittingly poetic statement to Moira's lives and her part in the X-mythos.)

As much as some of you rail against how and why Krakoa exists now, I can see myself screaming and raging to see HiX-Man decimating it all by flames and misery. And...eventhough it's burning to ash and soot, I hope the conflagration will be spectacular to read.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Changing, evolving into something else, perhaps. Maybe not quite as grand as a whole island, but not crumbling into abject failure and reverting to a mansion on 1407 Graymalkin Lane, Salem Centre, Westchester New York to start from scratch all over again. (Although that would be a fittingly poetic statement to Moira's lives and her part in the X-mythos.)

As much as some of you rail against how and why Krakoa exists now, I can see myself screaming and raging to see HiX-Man decimating it all by flames and misery. And...eventhough it's burning to ash and soot, I hope the conflagration will be spectacular to read.
    It's about the how, not the why. Mutant kind's fondness for dictatorships is, of course, going to draw scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's about the how, not the why. Mutant kind's fondness for dictatorships is, of course, going to draw scrutiny.
    I don't think their human ancestors can get too mad at them for finally applying their Art of War lessons they taught to their mutant offspring.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I would argue that it is not really a dictatorship, but a state in its beginnings.

Astonishing Member

I don't think their human ancestors can get too mad at them for finally applying their Art of War lessons they taught to their mutant offspring.
    Mutants have been doing that since ancient times, Apocalypse and Selene come to mind. Neither were really that oppressed when they came into power they were the ones doing the oppressing. Actions like what Magneto's done from X-men #1 Vol.1 included using those very same tactics on fellow mutants who wanted peace and they won, they made sure there was no peace between mankind and mutant kind.

Dictatorships aren't good when humans do it, they're bad because they're dictatorships. You don't like what Xavier's selling you're only choices are to leave or do a coup d'é·tat.

Astonishing Member

I feel like the QC is made of a variety of strange characters that
    shows it is power that is corrupting them, not their mutant ability
    With two classic examples
    1.Sinister he was no mutant but a firm believer in evolutionary goal of perfection so much so he decided to use his own smarts to imbue himself with longevity and later became a genetic hybrid,so it is not mutant abilities that gave him his megalomania or hubris ,he always had that

2.Magneto, I keep saying this over and over he is the greatest hypocrite on there he somehow incredibly switched allegiance from playing the victim as part of a human group victimised during a racist based genocide(Holocaust survivor) to completely forget the human element and now suddenly speaks for mutants only.How he did that I don't fathom..were all Jews mutants? Or is he just subverting the whole animosity towards his probably mutant parents and using the hatred towards one group as a gateway to cloak his own hatred for the rest of humanity? Again it shows his bitterness is disingenuous so I never really take his words seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

And yet that is exactly what Destiny asked of her lover if they don't bring her back, and knowing Raven she will do it and succeed.

Astonishing Member

I feel like the QC is made of a variety of strange characters that
    shows it is power that is corrupting them, not their mutant ability
    With two classic examples
    1.Sinister he was no mutant but a firm believer in evolutionary goal of perfection so much so he decided to use his own smarts to imbue himself with longevity and later became a genetic hybrid,so it is not mutant abilities that gave him his megalomania or hubris ,he always had that

2.Magneto, I keep saying this over and over he is the greatest hypocrite on there he somehow incredibly switched allegiance from playing the victim as part of a human group victimised during a racist based genocide(Holocaust survivor) to completely forget the human element and now suddenly speaks for mutants only.How he did that I don't fathom..were all Jews mutants? Or is he just subverting the whole animosity towards his probably mutant parents and using the hatred towards one group as a gateway to cloak his own hatred for the rest of humanity? Again it shows his bitterness is disingenuous so I never really take his words seriously.
    And Apocalypse, you know something bad's going down when he personally approves of the direction they're heading in. They joined him, he didn't join them.

Sinister is also someone that was a monster as a human before Apocalypse got to him, he kidnapped homeless people to experiment on them for the Marauders. His own peers in Victorian England kicked him out for being a disgrace to their profession. The more power he has the worse he gets. He's also betrayed Krakoa in a previous life of Moira's.

Magneto was made to be the moral opposite of the X-men, someone who suffered cruelty and let that make him into the what he despises. He's why the X-men were crated to protect the world from and he proved over and over again this is correct. If he hadn't been stopped by the X-men so often he'd have higher body counts and mutants would be worse shape with relations to humanity. He's a huge hypocrite and has been since the first X-men comic.

New theory:

Moira’s plan is threefold:

1) Lock in the present that she wants This is what she’s working on on Krakoa behind the scenes.

2) Ensure that the future that she wants comes true. This is why she ordered that Darwin, Laura, and Synch be sent the vault. She’s is looking to understand what the future will look like.

3) If her work in the present does in fact lead to her desired future, she herself will enter the vault to join the Phalanx who live outside time, this locking in her desired present/future.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver