Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default [Theory] - Have the Mutants been actually tricked?

I have to say, I really hate what the X-Men (and Mutants in general) have become currently. They have turned themselves with such arrogance and superiority that they think they can do whatever they please. They have to be stopped!! But when I took a look back at how this whole mess started, you know, with Moria's past lives, and idea crossed my mind. What if Moria, and the X-Men in consequence, have been tricked and manipulated by the Homo Novissima?

At the end of Moira's sixth life, the Librarian explained quite logically why Mutants always lose, because natural evolution is no match for genetic engineer. Moira then would try to live another live and avoid Mutants' extinction. She failed 3 times, and now she's in the fourth, which is possibly her last life. However, something bugs me. The Librarian apparently knew the whole thing about Moira's powers, so he should have known that, by telling Moira this, she would just kill herself to go back in time again. And yet, the Librarian said that. How about if the Librarian actually tricked Moira?

The Librarian could actually have sent a backup of himself to be assimilated by the Phalanx, so the Phalanx would be aware of Moira's powers; then allow himself to be killed in order to trick her. Mutant's new prepotent's attitude of superiority and willing to do whatever they want are clearly asking for trouble. Sooner than we think, there's going to be a war against Krakoa, which will only initiate the whole "Human-Machie-Mutant War" in motion, where eventually, Mutants lose. How about if the Phalanx are tricked Mutants to act like this, so the war will start sooner and Mutants will still lose, but the assimilate humanity first?

Do you think it's possible?

Astonishing Member

Yes. Who's doing it remains a mystery. Moira X, the Dominions, Apocalypse and Krakao itself are all suspects or they're working together somehow. Apocalypse may simply be along for the ride, with Sinister, and exploiting the vulnerable to make his own attempt at world domination again.

I’d like to think there’s something going on.

I’ve ranted on the whole out of character/cult/working w. villains thing in various threads already so no need to here. But I’d rather think of my heroes being huge dupes than huge douches.

Astonishing Member

Either way, there's one thing for sure. Just like Superior Spider-Man (Thank God!), this whole thing of Krakoa and Mutant's current Status Quo won't last. There's no way humanity will leave Mutants to replace them as dominant species (they already did that in House of M), other heroes (the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Dr Strange...) won't allow the X-Men to cross a line that involves innocent lives to die, and even the Inhumans will surely declare war on Mutants when they turn a threat to them (especially considering their previous conflict).

I just hope it turns out this chick isn’t Moira cause imo and I’m sure in Claremont’s.. it ain’t Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have to say, I really hate what the X-Men (and Mutants in general) have become currently.
    here we go...

and no, I don't think this theory is plausible, Hickman's x-men era is a huge success so expect Krakoa to be around for quite a few years if not longer.

Man, I loved Superior Spider-Man! We all knew it was temporary much like Ben Reilly Spider-Man, Death of Superman, Azrael Batman, Teen Tony, etc but I thought it was a wild ride. I was very disappointed in how the story ultimately ended, however... Now if only I can find the complete collection v2 for less than an arm and a leg...

As for Moira... there is definitely something up. Everyone except for Wolverine acts different. Hopefully it’ll all be explained in due time...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    here we go...

and no, I don't think this theory is plausible, Hickman's x-men era is a huge success so expect Krakoa to be around for quite a few years if not longer.
    Which has endless possibilities, the Krakao of ten years from now may not be the same as the one today. Countries change, rulers are succeeded by others, allies become enemies and enemies become allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I just hope it turns out this chick isn’t Moira cause imo and I’m sure in Claremont’s.. it ain’t Moira.
    I'm hoping she's a mummudrai or something and a secret villain. But even if it's not what Hickman intended, some other writer can always retcon her back to her true self.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Which has endless possibilities, the Krakao of ten years from now may not be the same as the one today. Countries change, rulers are succeeded by others, allies become enemies and enemies become allies.
    Very, very true. Thats why its so exciting watching this nations birth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    here we go...

Think again. Comic character never "evolve" for so much time, they always return to point zero; as much as we like those changes. Like Spider-Man becoming rich like Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne, or Venom bonded with Flash Thompson. Where's the X-Men role in Marvel? They are a minority of super-powered individuals hated and feared who fight to survive; and that where they will return. And considering how many enemies the X-Men are gathering against Krakoa, it's obvious it won't last much time anymore. In fact, it's quite possible the end of "X of Swords" will end up with Krakoa destroyed after all and Mutants back to square one. The title of the conclussion is "Destruction".

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Man, I loved Superior Spider-Man! We all knew it was temporary much like Ben Reilly Spider-Man, Death of Superman, Azrael Batman, Teen Tony, etc but I thought it was a wild ride. I was very disappointed in how the story ultimately ended, however... Now if only I can find the complete collection v2 for less than an arm and a leg...

As for Moira... there is definitely something up. Everyone except for Wolverine acts different. Hopefully it’ll all be explained in due time...
    Look, pal, "Superior Spider-Man" could have been better accepted from the beginning if it would have started like it went through its second part. That is, Doc Ock taking over a cloned body of Peter Parker and gaining part of his memories; but NOT USURPING THE LIFE OF THE REAL PETER PARKER!!!! Don't you remember Dan Slott received a lot of death's threats for it?

As for Wolverine, he also acts different. I mean, he's quite alright having a "three way relationship" with Jean Grey, when he always tried to be the Alpha facing Cyclops. Not to mention we saw him playing with kids as a "friendly neighborhood" instead of acting as Wolverine usually do: a mad dog. Wolverine clearly keeps his real self, but something is affecting him too.

There are other two weird things around here:
    1º) Everybody seems to have forgotten than Krakoa FEEDS on Mutants, although it seems there are so many Mutants here that he doesn't need to drain them dry to feed. But how much time will pass before Krakoa returns to his original self.

2º) They allowed all villain Mutants to live in Krakoa as nothing. How much time they think it will pass before the villains openly returns to his old ways? Do you truly believe Sinestro will stop doing horrible experiments, or Apocalypse will cease his old "only strong survive" thing? Krakoa represents everything against Apocalypse's believe: It's a paradise where strong get weak, instead of getting stronger to survive. (Something like what happened to the Dodo Bird).
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-27-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm hoping she's a mummudrai or something and a secret villain. But even if it's not what Hickman intended, some other writer can always retcon her back to her true self.
    Here’s hoping.
    Moira was one of if not the, best human supporting characters in the X-verse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Here’s hoping.
    Moira was one of if not the, best human supporting characters in the X-verse.
    True, until they decided to remove that and turn her into another completely sickminded mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’d like to think there’s something going on.

I’ve ranted on the whole out of character/cult/working w. villains thing in various threads already so no need to here. But I’d rather think of my heroes being huge dupes than huge douches.
    How many times did they have gone through strange things; their life had been a rollercoaster: mindcontrol, traumas,… and it didn’t change them much. Don’t you think if they were dupes that they would express some doubts in this weird situation ?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Look, pal, "Superior Spider-Man" could have been better accepted from the beginning if it would have started like it went through its second part. That is, Doc Ock taking over a cloned body of Peter Parker and gaining part of his memories; but NOT USURPING THE LIFE OF THE REAL PETER PARKER!!!! Don't you remember Dan Slott received a lot of death's threats for it?
    That literally is not a good way of proving his run was bad lol.

1º) Everybody seems to have forgotten than Krakoa FEEDS on Mutants, although it seems there are so many Mutants here that he doesn't need to drain them dry to feed. But how much time will pass before Krakoa returns to his original self.
    It wasn't forgotten, it was acknowledged in X-Men #3. There are protocols for this.

2º) They allowed all villain Mutants to live in Krakoa as nothing. How much time they think it will pass before the villains openly returns to his old ways? Do you truly believe Sinestro will stop doing horrible experiments, or Apocalypse will cease his old "only strong survive" thing? Krakoa represents everything Apocalypse's believe: It's a paradise were strong get weak, instead of getting stronger to survive. (Something like what happened to the Dodo Bird).
    The villains are there for specific reasons. And they're now more in check than they ever were.