Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    It's OK, just breathe. It's fiction.
    There would be no fun if Apoc and Sinister weren't going to betray the mutants. We know it's coming and we're all very excited for the ride and the story coming.
    Sweetie, this era just isn't for you, it's clearly causing you stress, just walk away and come back when someone boring comes in or read your back issues of Extraordinary X-Men or something.
    Stop patronising me. Please, this isn't about "fun" this about many people actively supporting them because they agree with their beliefs not because they like the X-men. They're not exited about that ending. You haven't engaged with any of my opinions as if they're valid, despite the fact what I've said about those characters is true is telling. And stop the gatekeeping, this forum's insistence of trying to kick out anyone who wants to question Krakoa is galling. I'd get into why people liked watching/reading villainous protagonist in media but everyone knows my opinions on krakoa as a good setting so that'd be pointless. It's not the comics that upset me, they're just comics but I can't say that about the fandom. Boring? The only difference here is that I'm not cheering on the bad guys. I wouldn't recommend watching shows like Breaking Bad. The idea that someone can watch a show with a villainous protagonist and disagree with them but like the show appears to be outside of their grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    No such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Stop patronising me. Please, this isn't about "fun" this about many people actively supporting them because they agree with their beliefs not because they like the X-men. They're not exited about that ending. You haven't engaged with any of my opinions as if they're valid, despite the fact what I've said about those characters is true is telling. And stop the gatekeeping, this forum's insistence of trying to kick out anyone who wants to question Krakoa is galling. I'd get into why people liked watching/reading villainous protagonist in media but everyone knows my opinions on krakoa as a good setting so that'd be pointless. It's not the comics that upset me, they're just comics but I can't say that about the fandom. Boring? The only difference here is that I'm not cheering on the bad guys. I wouldn't recommend watching shows like Breaking Bad. The idea that someone can watch a show with a villainous protagonist and disagree with them but like the show appears to be outside of their grasp.
    I'm sorry, who's doing the gatekeeping now? You don't get to decide the "fandom level" of other people.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No such thing.
    Certainly not that one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I'm sorry, who's doing the gatekeeping now? You don't get to decide the "fandom level" of other people.
    That's not gatekeeping, that's just acknowledging a fact.

Eh marvel fans live a good murderer. Moon knight, wolverine, scarlet witch, thanos, phoenix, the list goes on and on. Marvel: make mine murder or the world never inside a prison cell.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Unless you have some seriously concrete examples of anyone actually cheering on the assassins who hacked up Domino?

The idea that anyone here is actually "Cheering On The Bad Guys..." is borderline laughable.

Astonishing Member

OK, just something that came to mind and slightly out of topic. I believe the resurrection protocols have became a factor that suggest the X-Men and mutants in general, will be highly punished for that; either by humanity or by a "greater power".

Why?, because yesterday I saw on TV the movie "The 6th Day" with Arnold Schwarzenegger. The bad guys in that movie mocked the concept of humanity and death using clonation's technology to "defeat death". I believe the X-Men are doing the exact same thing just because they can't accept Mutant's destiny to become "obsolete". Therefore, it would be fitting if the whole "resurrection protocols" end up "blowing up" just like the bad guys in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, just something that came to mind and slightly out of topic. I believe the resurrection protocols have became a factor that suggest the X-Men and mutants in general, will be highly punished for that; either by humanity or by a "greater power".

Why?, because yesterday I saw on TV the movie "The 6th Day" with Arnold Schwarzenegger. The bad guys in that movie mocked the concept of humanity and death using clonation's technology to "defeat death". I believe the X-Men are doing the exact same thing just because they can't accept Mutant's destiny to become "obsolete". Therefore, it would be fitting if the whole "resurrection protocols" end up "blowing up" just like the bad guys in this movie.
    Yeah it doesn't feel like the sort of scenario that can last indefinitely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah it doesn't feel like the sort of scenario that can last indefinitely.
    Definitely not. And I have to say, as a Spider-Fan, this also reminds me what the Inheritors did to cheat death for thousands of years. Good or evil, no one should have access to a technology like that.

Then they should stop killing them, if they don't want Resurrections.

And Resurrections are done naturally by mutant powers, that's how they're turning the whole obsolete thing upside down and they didn't have this in previous lives where they became obsolete.
    Last edited by Veitha; 08-09-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Then they should stop killing them, if they don't want Resurrections.

And Resurrections are done naturally by mutant powers, that's how they're turning the whole obsolete thing upside down and they didn't have this in previous lives where they became obsolete.
    EVERY SINGLE LIVING CREATURE has to die at some point.

And there's ABSOLUTELY nothing natural in resurrections. (Yes, I know in the comics happens everytime, but in a real world, it wouldn't). Besides, how about all the humans that mutants have killed in the past? If they can resurrect people and they have the law of "Kill no man", why can't they bring back all the humans they killed in the past? Like the X-Cutioner's family (the one from X-Men Gold), who were killed during one of Magneto's attacks? Tell him, "how is it fair for mutants to resurrect while innocent humans can't?".

In Marvel Universe, superhumans resurrect almost continuosly, but regular people don't. So how do you think they will allow Mutants to cheat death like that after they ruined so many innocent lives? And I'm basically talking about regular humans trapped in the crossfire between mutants.

And there's ABSOLUTELY nothing natural in resurrections. (Yes, I know in the comics happens everytime, but in a real world, it wouldn't). Besides, how about all the humans that mutants have killed in the past? If they can resurrect people and they have the law of "Kill no man", why can't they bring back all the humans they killed in the past? Like the X-Cutioner's family (the one from X-Men Gold), who were killed during one of Magneto's attacks? Tell him, "how is it fair for mutants to resurrect while innocent humans can't?".

In Marvel Universe, superhumans resurrect almost continuosly, but regular people don't. So how do you think they will allow Mutants to cheat death like that after they ruined so many innocent lives? And I'm basically talking about regular humans trapped in the crossfire between mutants.
    Answer to that one is pretty obvious and right there on the pages of the books, no?

But no creature should be killed by a Sentinel just because of their genetic makeup or because they belong to a minority.

That is such a poor point. Medicines and drugs aren't natural either, why don't we all die when we get the flu? We're such monsters for going against nature!

Resurrection is done by merging the powers of 5 mutants, and the process is so well balanced that it's restorative for the Five themselves. It's the peak of mutantdom.

See Xavier's speech at the beginning of HoX for the rest. Why is expected of mutants to share everything and be welcoming to humans but the opposite isn't?

Before someone says that we're putting all humanity in the same category as racists, just check your facts and numbers. Most human governments have been awful to mutants and are still bad towards them, and . There's no reason for mutants to believe that whatever they share with humans (including Resurrections) won't be used against them. You just need to look at what's been done to the mutant drugs and the Pollen situation currently. Mutants are now choosing safety of their species and their dears first.

Astonishing Member

I mean that's just straight up false when it comes to the MU they're literally immortal beings that exist.