Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 275
  1. #241
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I read the issue, there's no mention about Death removing Mutants "from her list". Even Gods like Thor or Zeus are in Death's list, and they resurrect. Besides, this only proves my point.

    Mutants are violating Life and Death's rules with the Resurrection's protocols, the same can happen with the Green Door of the Hulks. If this continues, we could end up in a world without Death, and although that may sound good for anyone missing someone, it can actually turn into a living nightmare: a Cancerverse! As horrible as Death can be, a Cancerverse in a INFINITELY WORSE OPTION. Mutants have to be stopped before they cause a major damage with this. And not only Mutants, but also the forces behind the Green Door, and even "cloning scientist" like the Jackal. (You know, by the Inheritors and "Dead No More").
    All of that is poxy on a universal scale, and even the entire civilisations that have this sort of technology will one day fail in the vastness of time.

  2. #242
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Your argument presupposes that the mutants are interested in respectability politics anymore. This isn’t a fight for hearts and minds, it’s a fight for survival.

    And of course I was around for 9/11, what difference does that make? America has done worse.
    My argument is about how terrorism hurts marginalised groups when a rogue group does it, this isn't about respectability politics its about the 9/11 attack being wrong and hurting rather than harming the people those terrorists supposedly "represent" because zealots think they speak for everyone. This is what Magneto and the rest of the mutant terrorists do. And of course there are a couple of psychopathic mutants who do this for their own agenda and don't care how their actions hurt their own kind, like Apocalypse.

    Because I was interested in knowing if you'd get how big an even it was and how it changed the world in its aftermath. America doing worse is moving the goal posts, mutants like Magneto aren't doing what they do for America they've doing it for the same reasons Al Queada was. You know how bad 9/11 was, now picture that happening all over the world simultaneously - now picture a mutant claiming responsibility for it and it won't end until the worlds governments give in. That's what Magneto did in "Magneto War." And now he's a statesman for Krakoa, the current country for mutants. All that won't just negatively impact how mutants world-wide are seen, it'll extent to Krakao because they willingly made him a head go government and their face to the world.

    The argument for this is what Al Quaeda did was wrong, and so was any mutant who did the same thing in Marvel's world.

  3. #243
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly could you imagine if the situation was different and people were like i will never trust a white person because of hitler, jeffrey dahmer, Donald Trump (^_^). it's absurd.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but that is 100% what we think.

  4. #244

    Default

    It took an organization months (?...not exactly sure how long) of planning, and money, to pull off something like 911.

    Magneto could do worse damage with a few flicks of the wrist.

    Not comparable.

  5. #245
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It took an organization months (?...not exactly sure how long) of planning, and money, to pull off something like 911.

    Magneto could do worse damage with a few flicks of the wrist.

    Not comparable.
    My point was that it was organised terrorism and that acts like are bad when he did it, since it would harm how mutant kind are seen in his world. The fact him doing that would be on a far larger scale only makes what he does even worse how he, and mutant terrorists like him, would be perceived. Same goal, differing methods.

  6. #246
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    My point was that it was organised terrorism and that acts like are bad when he did it, since it would harm how mutant kind are seen in his world. The fact him doing that would be on a far larger scale only makes what he does even worse how he, and mutant terrorists like him, would be perceived. Same goal, differing methods.
    Which we have seen right around "Zero..." concrete proof of.

    Never mind anything even that would even remotely point to the act you keep trying to come back to actually being connected to how said mutants are seen.

  7. #247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    My point was that it was organised terrorism and that acts like are bad when he did it, since it would harm how mutant kind are seen in his world. The fact him doing that would be on a far larger scale only makes what he does even worse how he, and mutant terrorists like him, would be perceived. Same goal, differing methods.
    I think you and I largely agree.

    We can’t accurately determine how the world would react to a super-powered population. But I’m willing to bet it wouldn’t be all sunshine and rainbows.

  8. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which we have seen right around "Zero..." concrete proof of.

    Never mind anything even that would even remotely point to the act you keep trying to come back to actually being connected to how said mutants are seen.
    Can you remind me how Magneto was originally introduced in the comics?

  9. #249
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Can you remind me how Magneto was originally introduced in the comics?
    If that was the specific act being discussed?

    Sure, I could.

    Since it is obviously not what we are discussing?

    Probably not much of a point.

  10. #250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If that was the specific act being discussed?

    Sure, I could.

    Since it is obviously not what we are discussing?

    Probably not much of a point.
    How many specific acts of Magneto (and company) attacking the planet and claiming mutant supremacy do you need before you consider people’s viewpoint of “them gosh darn mutants might be dangerous” a semi-legit concern?

  11. #251
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    Magneto was head of a country (Genosha), and fully acknowledged as such by the rest of the world.

  12. #252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Magneto was head of a country (Genosha), and fully acknowledged as such by the rest of the world.
    How did he acquire Genosha?

  13. #253
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How did he acquire Genosha?
    He blackmailed the UN.

    Was it a rhetorical question?

  14. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He blackmailed the UN.

    Was it a rhetorical question?
    Somewhat.

  15. #255
    Incredible Member Micabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Can you remind me how Magneto was originally introduced in the comics?
    I can... Magneto's personal background and history is revealed in Uncanny X-Men #150 (Aug. 1981) -- But, Erik's very first act of terrorism can be seen in The X-Men #1 (Sept. 1963).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •