Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Either way, there's one thing for sure. Just like Superior Spider-Man (Thank God!), this whole thing of Krakoa and Mutant's current Status Quo won't last. There's no way humanity will leave Mutants to replace them as dominant species (they already did that in House of M), other heroes (the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Dr Strange...) won't allow the X-Men to cross a line that involves innocent lives to die, and even the Inhumans will surely declare war on Mutants when they turn a threat to them (especially considering their previous conflict).
    I feel like a lot of folks are recognizing how LONG that will take.
    I'm not delusional about Krakoa's expiration date, but at the same time, there is A LOT OF STORIES to mine with this status quo -- A LOT -- and the sales are UP, so I cannot imagine they are thinking "Okay we'll do this for ONE year and then its back to Mansions and extinction woes, people"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Nice post Ferro.

I personally think there are years of stories to explore here, some far more obvious than others. I think there's scope for the use of all kinds of different characters. There's exploration of the political situation to come, there's stories about the motivation of the major players. At some stage Moira will be reintroduced to everyone which creates even more stories.

There's going to be falling out as some suspect they're being controlled, there will be splits of other kinds, there will be attempted power grabs.

Krakoa may become whole again, what happens then? The first Horsemen. What will they do? Where will they fit in? How long will the Quiet Council last? Will there be more laws? What will be the result of "Make More Mutants".

I know lots of people are saying this can last a couple of years, but I see it as a ten year plan, with no going back. If handled properly all round and written sympathetically, there's no reason why it doesn't continue forever.
    yeah krakoa is a table, whats on top of it can and will change, but im completly agaist the idea of removing it completly because it be an enourmous waste, on all fronts and the kind of mindset that have made comics stagnate for years now.

hell even a traditional team of xmen on the mansion doing "the good work" would even be fresher now, since they have a goverment to take care of the actually nitty gritty so their choice of heroism is more genuine and less martyrdoom, since they have made that choice with some level of safety and new implications and conflicts.

Its much more productive to ask the x offices for maybe a classical xmen book with the new krakoan shine on top of it on the mansion, than to ask to dismantle something so sucessfull, inovative and productive.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-27-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post

I know lots of people are saying this can last a couple of years, but I see it as a ten year plan, with no going back. If handled properly all round and written sympathetically, there's no reason why it doesn't continue forever.
    Well there’s one reason.

The X-Men’s eventual inclusion in the MCU.
    Marvel and its affiliates like the comics to reflect the movies, in ways both big and small. I firmly believe Hickman’s version is radically different than what’s going to be onscreen, and changes will be made accordingly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Well there’s one reason.

Marvel and its affiliates like the comics to reflect the movies, in ways both big and small. I firmly believe Hickman’s version is radically different than what’s going to be onscreen, and changes will be made accordingly.
    Yeah i completly disagree with movie and comic synergy, completly difrent mediums with their own quirks and traits that shouldnt be stiffled by the other, and in my opinion historicaly marvel has caused more damage with movie synergy than good.
    im looking at you guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah i completly disagree with movie and comic synergy, completly difrent mediums with their own quirks and traits that shouldnt be stiffled by the other, and in my opinion historicaly marvel has caused more damage with movie synergy than good.
    Cool.

xxxx

BANNED

and they havent gone too hard on the synergy lately , so maybe they realized it´s not that great of a concept.

and they havent gone too hard on the synergy lately , so maybe they realized it´s not that great of a concept.
    We’ll see.

I’ve no idea when the X Men will make it to the screen, but I’m sure the board will be buzzing about it, and it’s impact on the books. Until then there’s no reason to beat the subject silly at least on my part. I was just commenting on what big joe had said.

It would make no sense to end an era where the x-men have seen the highest sales in a long time, it's brought back many readers including myself, The x-men had become repetitive and unappealing tbvh, all brands go stale and thats why change is a must, not just any change but interesting changes.

Imagine if the x-men had stayed like this

No all new, all different, just constantly running around fighting Magneto.
    Like Claremont, Hickman is redefining the x-men....and its SELLING.

On the story side, the possibilities are limitless.
    As I've stated before, to end something just because a few folk 'don't like it' would be naive and just careless.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 07-27-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Well there’s one reason.

lol yeah, remember when they synergised with Captain America: Civil War by uh, turning Captain America into a nazi in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    lol yeah, remember when they synergised with Captain America: Civil War by uh, turning Captain America into a nazi in the comics?
    Like I said,

We’ll see.

I’ve no idea when the X Men will make it to the screen, but I’m sure the board will be buzzing about it, and it’s impact on the books. Until then there’s no reason to beat the subject silly at least on my part. I was just commenting on what big joe had said.

Incredible Member

Well there’s one reason.

Yeah, that's a more than fair point. There's massive money to be made by the inclusion of the X-Men in the movie universe.

I guess a lot depends on how badly editorial wants to keep Hickman, and how much Hickman himself is invested in what he's currently doing.

For myself I'd be intrigued to see how this current mutant setup might play in the movie universe, perhaps small interactions first followed by a Krakoan reveal, could be fun.

But you're right, I don't see the movies heading that way either.

I think they've not been tricked but it's definitely only going to be the status quo for a short time (however long Hickman and maybe his successor are at the helm.) If they are being tricked, it would be amazing if they brought the Adversary into this somehow.

I think two different discussions are taking place.

Honestly, i would not tie the fate of Krakoa to the current plotline, while Krakoa is important and is very easy to make the setting the focal point, it isnt, the focal point is Moira.

There is someone doing something, is impossible that Moira is reaching 9 times the same endgame without someone interfering otherwise it would be like writing themselves into a corner in my opinion.

In other words, the moment Hickman decides to resolve the current conflict of post-humanity, Orchis and bad future for mutants (whenever this may be), there is zero reason to sink Krakoa.

You can still write a lot of stories using a Mutant nation, the possibilities are infinite.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yes it would be a bad idea to prioritize movie synergy, which historically has never really panned out well.

I do think some of Hickman's concepts seem poised to make the jump to the big screen though. Not the whole Krakoa setup, but Apocalypse's original Horsemen just scream "put them in a movie like the Black Order" and I wouldn't be surprised if Orchis was the organization creating Sentinels in the MCU.

I know some of them have still rocking that tired ass green skirt and loud high yellow rain gloves ugh