Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I think two different discussions are taking place.

Honestly, i would not tie the fate of Krakoa to the current plotline, while Krakoa is important and is very easy to make the setting the focal point, it isnt, the focal point is Moira.

There is someone doing something, is impossible that Moira is reaching 9 times the same endgame without someone interfering otherwise it would be like writing themselves into a corner in my opinion.

In other words, the moment Hickman decides to resolve the current conflict of post-humanity, Orchis and bad future for mutants (whenever this may be), there is zero reason to sink Krakoa.

You can still write a lot of stories using a Mutant nation, the possibilities are infinite.

I agree, I have absolutely no problem with a mutant nation, and I think it definitely sets a new status quo (of a year ago of course) and opens tons of possibilities. The things that are not so open ended and will need to be resolved, and cannot continue to have infinite storylines, are the mystery with Moira and her timelines, the resurrection process (this is the big one for me) and the open working with so many X-Villains. Mind you, I don't mind if some X-villains were to continue to stay on with Krakoa and, if not be redeemed, at least be inline with the new status quo, but some of them are eventually going to have to cut ties.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have to say, I really hate what the X-Men (and Mutants in general) have become currently. They have turned themselves with such arrogance and superiority that they think they can do whatever they please. They have to be stopped!! But when I took a look back at how this whole mess started, you know, with Moria's past lives, and idea crossed my mind. What if Moria, and the X-Men in consequence, have been tricked and manipulated by the Homo Novissima?

At the end of Moira's sixth life, the Librarian explained quite logically why Mutants always lose, because natural evolution is no match for genetic engineer. Moira then would try to live another live and avoid Mutants' extinction. She failed 3 times, and now she's in the fourth, which is possibly her last life. However, something bugs me. The Librarian apparently knew the whole thing about Moira's powers, so he should have known that, by telling Moira this, she would just kill herself to go back in time again. And yet, the Librarian said that. How about if the Librarian actually tricked Moira?

The Librarian could actually have sent a backup of himself to be assimilated by the Phalanx, so the Phalanx would be aware of Moira's powers; then allow himself to be killed in order to trick her. Mutant's new prepotent's attitude of superiority and willing to do whatever they want are clearly asking for trouble. Sooner than we think, there's going to be a war against Krakoa, which will only initiate the whole "Human-Machie-Mutant War" in motion, where eventually, Mutants lose. How about if the Phalanx are tricked Mutants to act like this, so the war will start sooner and Mutants will still lose, but the assimilate humanity first?

Do you think it's possible?
    Re–read the stories you are mentioning because you are missing points that makes your theory unrealistic. First, the Librarian explains in detail how he is not gonna kill Moira but send her outside of Hearth not only to avoid that her death reset the timeline, but because once the phalanx will assimilate Hearth they will know of her even if she dies because the exist out of time and can kill her in the past. He just didn't imagine Wolverine would have been able to kill him. Additionally, the Phalanx is only interested in assimilating highly technologically evolved species, and starting the war a bit sooner won't make up for 10 thousands year of that. Finally, both the Librarian and the Phalanx don't care about time or the concept of "sooner", so they wouldn't care about "speeding up" events.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Well there’s one reason.

The X-Men’s eventual inclusion in the MCU.
    Marvel and its affiliates like the comics to reflect the movies, in ways both big and small. I firmly believe Hickman’s version is radically different than what’s going to be onscreen, and changes will be made accordingly.
    I think it would totally fit the MCU tone to have a suddenly rising nation of super powered individual that get their power from evolution and not radiations etc. There are a lot of ways to do it. It would actually fit better than the original concept of a school for mutants. There are already a lot of politics, intrigues secret organisations in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    I think it would totally fit the MCU tone to have a suddenly rising nation of super powered individual that get their power from evolution and not radiations etc. There are a lot of ways to do it. It would actually fit better than the original concept of a school for mutants. There are already a lot of politics, intrigues secret organisations in the MCU.

I agree, it would be a nice launch into the MCU and to get the new status quo out to the broader audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I agree, I have absolutely no problem with a mutant nation, and I think it definitely sets a new status quo (of a year ago of course) and opens tons of possibilities. The things that are not so open ended and will need to be resolved, and cannot continue to have infinite storylines, are the mystery with Moira and her timelines, the resurrection process (this is the big one for me) and the open working with so many X-Villains. Mind you, I don't mind if some X-villains were to continue to stay on with Krakoa and, if not be redeemed, at least be inline with the new status quo, but some of them are eventually going to have to cut ties.
    This is probably going to be a long ride, i also expect that some of the villains will drop eventually as the main plot progress (most likely Sinister or Shaw after the Kitty affair, maybe Mystique) and others will remain (Black Tom, Exodus, Apocalypse if he has his own story going on past the Moira-Phalanx arc)
    Last edited by Lapsus; 07-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.

True, until they decided to remove that and turn her into another completely sickminded mutant.
    Agreed. People are mad that Claremont hates the current books? Can you blame him? lol. If they do this to Moira..

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Agreed. People are mad that Claremont hates the current books? Can you blame him? lol. If they do this to Moira..
    Why would anyone care what Claremont thinks of the current books? He’s been irrelevant for decades.

I think this is one of the best stories on the mutants that I've read. It is logical that with all their power that they could create their utopia. Obviously, at some point it needs to fall apart. I want to see why it does!

My guess is that they haven't been tricked. Somehow, they will end this utopia. My guess is that it will not be Magneto or The White Queen causing their downfall.
    Last edited by captchuck; 07-27-2020 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I wanted to address the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Why would anyone care what Claremont thinks of the current books? He’s been irrelevant for decades.
    And yet here we are discussing him. It’s a paradox.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I have to say, I really hate what the X-Men (and Mutants in general) have become currently. They have turned themselves with such arrogance and superiority that they think they can do whatever they please. They have to be stopped!! But when I took a look back at how this whole mess started, you know, with Moria's past lives, and idea crossed my mind. What if Moria, and the X-Men in consequence, have been tricked and manipulated by the Homo Novissima?

At the end of Moira's sixth life, the Librarian explained quite logically why Mutants always lose, because natural evolution is no match for genetic engineer. Moira then would try to live another live and avoid Mutants' extinction. She failed 3 times, and now she's in the fourth, which is possibly her last life. However, something bugs me. The Librarian apparently knew the whole thing about Moira's powers, so he should have known that, by telling Moira this, she would just kill herself to go back in time again. And yet, the Librarian said that. How about if the Librarian actually tricked Moira?

The Librarian could actually have sent a backup of himself to be assimilated by the Phalanx, so the Phalanx would be aware of Moira's powers; then allow himself to be killed in order to trick her. Mutant's new prepotent's attitude of superiority and willing to do whatever they want are clearly asking for trouble. Sooner than we think, there's going to be a war against Krakoa, which will only initiate the whole "Human-Machie-Mutant War" in motion, where eventually, Mutants lose. How about if the Phalanx are tricked Mutants to act like this, so the war will start sooner and Mutants will still lose, but the assimilate humanity first?

Do you think it's possible?
    I notice you said Moria in the beginning. Was that a Tolkien slip?

I think something is not quite what it seems - in regards the topic of the thread.

Astonishing Member

How can we not? He built the X-men as we know it today. Everyone here has either read X-men comics by him or influenced by him.

I think there’s a misunderstanding. I LOVE the current Hickman era. My prediction on the bad guys taking over is just based on Hickman saying there’s three “acts”to his saga, and I think one of them will be the X-Men getting kicked down a few notches when the bad guys turn on them. This is the first time in a long time that I’ve followed the X-Books thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Obviously, at some point it needs to fall apart. I want to see why it does!.
    No...honestly it doesn't, we've seen all that before. The exciting thing about Krakoa is the newness and freshness. Fresh concepts and stories. Lets leave the rotting and falling to Genosha shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How can we not? He built the X-men as we know it today. Everyone here has either read X-men comics by him or influenced by him.
    Exactly. I’d say that’s pretty relevant.

Incredible Member

One of those posts where we really need a "like" button.