Default Two Are Allies, Seven Are Enemies

Make two choices to be your defenders.

The other seven are coming to kill you.

Ed4ISSFXsAIJcTf.jpg

Conditions: you are holed up, weaponless, in a decrepit abandoned shack while your defenders are outside. Open grassland terrain, ankle high. The enemy starts out one hundred yards away, evenly distributed on all sides.

Addendum: for the man, assume an elephant gun, plenty of ammo (he still has to reload), and is a professional hunter and marksman.

Hunter and the Rats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That hunter is not taking out the 50 eagles or whatever in time. You have to pick the rats because similarly nothing will stop that many rats from getting at you on sheer advancing numbers if you don't pick the rats.

Rats and eagles thusly for sheer hoard swarmery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That hunter is not taking out the 50 eagles or whatever in time. You have to pick the rats because similarly nothing will stop that many rats from getting at you on sheer advancing numbers if you don't pick the rats.

Rats and eagles thusly for sheer hoard swarmery.
    Hm, that IS true.

I was more banking on them not being able to get into the house very well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm, that IS true.

I was more banking on them not being able to get into the house very well.
    The shack is not very sturdy, but hundreds can't rush in at once. Nevertheless, they'll start to squiggle in. You're not barefoot, you can stomp them, or try to.

I suppose when the scenario begins you can open the shack door and let a few allies in.

But yeah, that's a lot of rats to be swarmed by. And even if they can't squiggle in, some of the heavier creatures are capable of pounding against the walls. The gorillas or the bulls can probably do some damage, open cracks.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 07-26-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    The shack is not very sturdy, but hundreds can't rush in at once. Nevertheless, they'll start to squiggle in. You're not barefoot, you can stomp them, or try to.

I suppose when the scenario begins you can open the shack door and let a few allies in.

But yeah, that's a lot of rats to be swarmed by. And even if they can't squiggle in, some of the heavier creatures are capable of pounding against the walls. The gorillas or the bulls can probably do some damage, open cracks.
    So the problem with 10,000 rats is that it's 10,000 rats. You'll die and it'll be a messy death. Was talking more about the Eagles however. They're quite a bit larger, and while dangerous they can be picked off easier by you; than 10,000 rats. Which will do a lot of damage to the other things trying to kill you while hunter goes pew pew.

Arx Inosaan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Didn't we do this already?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ry-to-kill-yiu

YEAH! I THOUGHT I remembered this plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You have to pick the rats because similarly nothing will stop that many rats from getting at you on sheer advancing numbers if you don't pick the rats.
    Psh... Tell it to Merton! Or Ultima if I don't want to fry my own allies.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Didn't we do this already?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ry-to-kill-yiu

YEAH! I THOUGHT I remembered this plotline.

Psh... Tell it to Merton! Or Ultima if I don't want to fry my own allies.
    Two years ago! Didn't know. (The image is more crisp as well.) Mea culpa.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I do archive dives every now and again, so that's why I remembered it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

how good is my coordination with my allies? Are these just wild beast who happen to be on my side or do i have perfect communication to coordinate a strategy?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."