Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    You still don't want the smoke, Comrade.
    Certainly not.

Even magic pills aren't enough to make me ready to face the power of the Wolf of Mibu in his prime state.

I have become doughy and soft in the pandemic, moreso than I was anyway haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If you go back to pre the big lottery win, are there two of you? How does that work? Like I said, back in time with current knowledge works. Two of you is not a plan.

Hope your mom isn't hot (Back to the Future).
    Go ahead a week, get the lottery numbers, go back to the instant after you left. That should result in only one of you with winning lottery tickets.

Astonishing Member

That's a good plan. Of course, you assume the future isn't when the asteroid is landing. LOL.

If that's true, then I'm screwed either way. Eek, oh no, I cost myself one whole week of life by attempting this gamble. Right now the power ball is at $126,200,000. I'll take the tiny risk of losing that week of life for 126 million dollars.

Astonishing Member

Well, do the lottery and then take 10 years off your life. That sounds like a good deal. I could go back and change history by influencing some crucial person but what do I care?

I like the money and younger.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If you go back to pre the big lottery win, are there two of you? How does that work? Like I said, back in time with current knowledge works. Two of you is not a plan.

Hope your mom isn't hot (Back to the Future).
    No, I go FORWARD to check the lotto numbers in the future, then come BACK to when I started (which would be now). Done (and already noted by MichaelC, I see ^_^).

Yes, that does mean there will be two of me - briefly - in the same place (when that time in the future arrives where I check the lotto numbers, there will be two of me - the me that got there by time travel, and the me that arrived via the 'long way', which is actually the me who went by time travel, only a little while later in life). Assuming this is 'no temporal paradox explosion happens, no branching off into another universe happens', I'm not worried about that - I know the date I show up, and I'll just stay out of my own way.

...though it would be interesting to meet up and spar.

Either way, if the time travel thing IS an issue, I just go with the million. Simple, and sufficient.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-04-2020 at 05:41 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I think I'd choose 9 and 7.

My skills (provided I keep the ones I already have)? charisma, resilience to failure/setbacks, focused drive

#2 and #4 please, with a salad.

I would go back in time to right before I chose which college to go to. Oh, and invest in google.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.