Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    No disrespect but I've never cared for Jay-Z, never liked his flow, but that goes double for Queen Bey. You guys remember a while back when that wax museum got crap because people said their Beyonce statue was too light-skinned? Maybe it's because I'm in my forties now but I remember her from back in the day when she was in Destiny's Child. Missy has gotten lighter skinned over the years.
    It wasnt simply her skin color. The statue looked nothing like Beyonce and was more like some random white woman

That was rather insulting and its like they didnt even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It wasnt simply her skin color. The statue looked nothing like Beyonce and was more like some random white woman

That was rather insulting and its like they didnt even try.
    Looks like someone tried to draw Britney Spears from memory rather than Beyonce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So what's the verdict on Loeb? Racist or just not anti-racist?
    Like many people (perhaps the majority of people)--at the very least, a little bit racist. As we are finding out it's a spectrum. Even people who mean well are can accidentally do or say racist things. (See: Drew Brees)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Looks like someone tried to draw Britney Spears from memory rather than Beyonce.
    I legit laughed out loud at this because its so true.

Loeb has always been a dickhead. He should never have gotten this job.

As sorry as I am for the death of his son, you really saw how it affected his abilitiy afterwards, he should've gotten therapy, not a promotion.

I think Loeb is right in that the majority probably didn't care about Nobu or Gao's backstory on the DD show. I know I didn't. It would havebm been interesting to see Gao's, but only because I wanted the shw to mve more in a mystical directional in general. Nobu's a didn't give a toss about.

It sounds like the actor is parapharsing, and angry asians on the show aside from the lead's love interest were dismissed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I think Loeb is right in that the majority probably didn't care about Nobu or Gao's backstory on the DD show. I know I didn't. It would havebm been interesting to see Gao's, but only because I wanted the shw to mve more in a mystical directional in general. Nobu's a didn't give a toss about.

It sounds like the actor is parapharsing, and angry asians on the show aside from the lead's love interest were dismissed.
    It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Nobu was a wasted opportunity, he was exciting to watch in season 1 and a big reason why the Hand felt so uninteresting in season 2 and Gao's been an MVP to Netflix MCU from her first scene.

Extraordinary Member

Who was the guy that was inferred to be his boss. The one that showed up in Defenders, who was part of the Five original Hand members.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    The coolest depiction of any blade movie was the one with the asian vampire. He stole every scene he was in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOkPixYeIk8
    That was the great actor Donnie Yen. He was actually the martial arts choreographer, so his "part" was more like a cameo. He didn't even speak in the film (played a mute).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who was the guy that was inferred to be his boss. The one that showed up in Defenders, who was part of the Five original Hand members.
    Murakami.

Extraordinary Member

This is off topic here but this statue of Beyonce looks lighter but still does not look like white woman(still looks black).

They are some are brown race types that look more closer to white then black like Jennifer Lopez and Roselyn Sanchez and i would not say they look white.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-29-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The statue looks lighter but still does not look like white woman(still look black).

They are some are brown race types that look more closer to white then black like Jennifer Lopez and Roselyn Sanchez and i would not say they look white.
    ???? That does not look like a black woman, let alone Beyonce. That was from the original NY exhibit. The SF version has similar lighting but looks far more like Bey

Like someone else said, the original looked more like Britney Spears

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? That does not look like a black woman, let alone Beyonce. That was from the original NY exhibit. The SF version has similar lighting but looks far more like Bey

Like someone else said, the original looked more like Britney Spears
    There light skin blacks that look black you know.
    I think you mean phenotype, not skin color tone by the way.
    All i am saying to me wax figure does not look white.
    Maybe racially brown at most maybe?or still racially black but barley.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There light skin blackd that look black you know.
    I think you talking mean phenotype not skin color tone by the way.
    All i am saying to me wax figure does not white.
    Maybe racially brown at most maybe ?or still racially black but barley.
    Did you read the original post I wrote? My first line was "It wasnt simply her skin color.". Im not focusing on skin color; you are

Extraordinary Member

Did you read the original post I wrote? My first line was "It wasnt simply her skin color.". Im not focusing on skin color; you are
    I was not focusing only on skin tone.
    I was talking about race type and skin tone like you were.

Madame Tussauds Las Vegas unveils a newly styled Britney Spears wax figure on April 14, 2017 in Las Vegas.

The two wax figures racially do not look alike.
    They face structure looks almost similar but that does not mean they racially look the same.
    The beyonce wax figure does not look white to me but the britney spears one clearly does.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-29-2020 at 04:28 PM.