Default MCU Hulk VS Godzilla, King Kong, and movie monsters

Hulk vs godzilla
    Hulk vs king kong
    Hulk vs the predators
    Hulk vs a nest of Xenomorph (alien movie)
    Hulk vs some twighlight vampires
    Hulk vs The Thing

Can he beat them...

Godzilla? No.
    The Thing... not sure, but I’m leaning to no.
    Twilight vamps? Too quick for him to hit.
    The others? Sure. Kong would be a fun fight but I think Hulk’s probably stronger. The others shouldn’t even be able to hurt him.

I can't think of a single version of Godzilla that MCU Hulk could beat. Even the original is probably too dang tough.

Hulk murders most versions of Kong without much trouble. A space whale punch will drop every version of the guy in one (maaaybe two) hit EXCEPT for the old Toho/Showa Kong that fought Godzilla and the most recent Monsterverse Kong.

Showa Kong is too tough and eventually breaks Hulk down. Monsterverse Kong probably loses, but it's a very close match. He is strong enough and heavy enough to make a fight of it, but not durable enough to last 10 rounds.

When he is full grown in next years GvK movie, he will likely be FAR beyond Hulk though.

Preds are going down unless they nuke him. Then it's a MAD situation.

Hulk smashes the xenomorphs. The acid probably bothers him but wont kill him.

He wont ever catch the Twilight Vamps but they cant really hurt him all that much. Maybe they prance around him for a few days and beat him on attrition?

Which "Thing" is this?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-27-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I can't think of a single version of Godzilla that MCU Hulk could beat. Even the original is probably too dang tough.

Hulk murders most versions of Kong without much trouble. A space whale punch will drop every version of the guy in one (maaaybe two) hit EXCEPT for the old Toho/Showa Kong that fought Godzilla and the most recent Monsterverse Kong.

Showa Kong is too tough and eventually breaks Hulk down. Monsterverse Kong probably loses, but it's a very close match. He is strong enough and heavy enough to make a fight of it, but not durable enough to last 10 rounds.

When he is full grown in next years GvK movie, he will likely be FAR beyond Hulk though.

Preds are going down unless they nuke him. Then it's a MAD situation.

Hulk smashes the xenomorphs. The acid probably bothers him but wont kill him.

He wont ever catch the Twilight Vamps but they cant really hurt him all that much. Maybe they prance around him for a few days and beat him on attrition?

Which "Thing" is this?
    My guess is horror movie Thing. That absorbs and replicates things.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Can he beat them...

Godzilla? No.
    The Thing... not sure, but I’m leaning to no.
    Twilight vamps? Too quick for him to hit.
    The others? Sure. Kong would be a fun fight but I think Hulk’s probably stronger. The others shouldn’t even be able to hurt him.
    Could Tri vamps even harm him?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Could Tri vamps even harm him?
    I shouldn’t have thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I shouldn’t have thought so.
    Maybe with their teeth, since they seem capable of biting each other easy enough whereas punching does no damage.

Mighty Member

honestly, I'm inclined to think that John Carpenter's the Thing probably could NOT overtake the Hulk... I can't really put my finger on it. ... but I was just thinking

some folks take that info-dump theoretical scenario pretty seriously and that leads to a sort of "no limits fallacy" on what the Thing is capable of doing. if it were really THAT dangerous then EVERY single member of the team should have been infected when they killed the infected dog with gunfire and a flamethrower. and yet, that is clearly not what happened. the drama of the blood test scene proves that this was ultimately narrative hyperbole.

I don't take the computer generated info-dump session as being literally true. it's ultimately used for dramatic effect rather than demonstrating the actual impact of the alien as shown in the film: we're told that it might be possible for it to take over the world in an incredibly short period of time... but what we're actually shown is that it took a considerable amount of time to simply over-take a small outpost and build itself a new spaceship.

is it still extremely dangerous? of course! but it also has no feats for taking out superhumanly durable irradiated beings with super strength and healing factors either. I'm going to err on the side of "yes, the Hulk/Banner probably CAN defeat the Thing". (I would imagine that in the comics he's probably encountered a comparable adversary already)