Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
Should we blame Lowe for not firing Slott?

I prefer to credit him for bringing in Zdarsky, and getting Conway back, and backing Latour-Rodriquez on Spider-Gwen.

And in any case, a lot of people do like Go Down Swinging and that self-aggrandizing final issue that Slott wrote. I think Lowe as an editor should have pushed back on Slott's approach in GDS with all that Osborn-family drama that he introduced half-a---dly that makes no sense. Like Emily Osborn coming out of nowhere and so on. The main point of GDS is the confrontation and interactions between Goblin-Jameson-Spider-Man at Times Square. The rest is superfluous.

So as an editor he should have pushed back on that, but it's Slott's last hurrah so I guess he assumed he earned his indulgence, not to mention that Slott was obviously a more senior figure than him.
I mean, considering the quality of Volume 3 and most of Volume 4, I think he could've done a better job of reining things in or having Slott move on instead of staying on the title longer than he should have, but that's just my take. I don't think Lowe could have fired Slott.