View Poll Results: Who should play Superman?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavill

10 33.33%
  • Routh

2 6.67%
  • New guy

18 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next Superman in film?

Do you want Cavill to get another chance? You still think Routh is the man of tomorrow? Or are you hoping for someone new?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 07-27-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Should and will be a new guy. I like Cavill, thought he was a great choice and think he performed well with what he had to work with, which by each succeeding picture was less and less. But unfortunately he's just bogged down in the Snyderverse failure. Routh has never been a viable option; the CW stuff was never going to actually get him considered for a feature film again. The character has to be rebooted again. When? Not for quite some time I'd imagine.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New guy.

I'd be supportive of Cavill if we got a new film as long as there was someone else behind the camera. Dude got a raw deal. But there is still so much baggage that a fresh start all around would be ideal.

A new guy is probably the best way to go, I think Cavil's done a good job with what he was given to work with and think he could do well under the right director/script.

Routh would just be more of throwback to the Reeve era which isn't something the film franchise needs.

Wow, I'm frankly really mad at how many of you folks voted for "New Guy". At the time of this writing, I am the only one who voted for Cavill, and I'm angry about it.

Cavill's excellent and he deserves the chance to be a showstopper directed by someone who's interested in delivering that, without jettisoning Snyder's groundwork.

"You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Retired

Routh. Kingdom Come.

New guy. Superman deserves a fresh start just like Batman is getting. Corenswet has expressed interest and I’d be all for that. I really want Kal to get another chance but I’d go see a Hueran Guerra, Kenan Kong, or Calvin Ellis Superman movie as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Wow, I'm frankly really mad at how many of you folks voted for "New Guy". At the time of this writing, I am the only one who voted for Cavill, and I'm angry about it.

Cavill's excellent and he deserves the chance to be a showstopper directed by someone who's interested in delivering that, without jettisoning Snyder's groundwork.

It’s fine that you like him, but the general audience has been cold to him. He’s more liked for how he acts off screen then how he acts on it. Superman already has to struggle with perception that he’s “boring and invincible” and Cavill’s take is both of those things imo. Even without Snyder I don’t see Cavill as a very strong leading man. I think he’d do an ok job, but Superman doesn’t need “ok”, he needs amazing and I don’t think Cavill can deliver that. Throw in the utter lack of chemistry between Cavill & Adams, Eisenberg being the worst live action Lex Luthor ever, the world that Snyder’s created for Superman being boring and lifeless, and that any Cavill movie is going to have to struggle against public perception going in that he’s not very good in the role and no I have no desire to see him back. Reboot him and let’s try again.

Picked new guy, but I’d be lying if a part of me didn’t want to pick Routh. He’s like the George Lazenby of Supermen. Doesn’t seem fair he only got one crack at it. Only Her Majesty Secret Service was actually a decent movie. Maybe he’s more like the Paul McGann of the Supermen. Well with my limited knowledge of doctor who it seems like a good comparison, I think.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would rather have cavill back. People moan about everything superman related especially if he isn't some goody two shoes messiah "that always finds a way" . Best not to listen. Superman needs a revamp.First flight is by far the best sequence superman ever had. A close second would be the plane rescue.Anything that's more goldenage is welcome by me.Christopher reeve, routh.. Etc just isn't my superman. Cavill just looks like and feels like superman to a t. Ofcourse, i would want more fire in the portrayal like smashing government satellite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

Most here don't care about dceu superman. I expected as much. But, hey! He does have many fans. This forum just isn't it.Most people think superman is stigmatised because of dceu. As if, superman started going down the drain in 80s.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-28-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Cavill of course. Not only willing to do but also shown he can do with the elements that are in his control.

Retired

Limited motion gifs are a pet peeve. I feel so sorry for Henry Cavill's severed head in a box. He can only move it up and then back down. He's in such pain. Put that poor head out of its misery!

I really like Cavill Superman, MoS is one of the best superhero movies, imo. Cavill should at the very least have a chance of doing a proper Superman movie, and by it I mean one that isn't a origin story and that isn't concerned in set up a universe and Batman. Just a movie that tells a Superman adventure.

But I voted for a new guy, because I believe that a fresh face is probably the best for the character and the Superman franchise.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Jon Hamm as an opposite number to Keaton's older Batman.

If there's even a crumb of truth to the idea that Clark will be doing cameos for a while rather than heading up his own film similar to Keaton, then I want a similar level of "holy sh!t, they got him?"

Slap some gray them temples and, baby, you got a stew goin'

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I like Cavill fine enough, but I'd like a filmmaker with vision to make the flick and cast their own choice.

I liked Cavill but I feel like a new guy would be a better option. Just give me something like Morrison's Action Comics or the Man of Tommorrow animated movie and I'm set.