View Poll Results: Who should play Superman?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavill

10 33.33%
  • Routh

2 6.67%
  • New guy

18 60.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Perhaps it could hit and catch on, I would just wonder if casual moviegoers would think it was a lazy look or something. Heck I remember that coming up when the first New 52 Action promo was released.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    For me, it's clark's personality that's boring. I want more of this guy.
    new52 superman farewell

I'd second this take but I also agree with Sacred Knight. You need some kind of spectacle in a superhero movie. I'd pop in and pick one of the C-list Superman villians as he's got like 100 of them on Wikipedia and revamp them reflect this era of his life etc.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Cavill deserves a shot with a decent director and script.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    For me, it's clark's personality that's boring. I want more of this guy.
    new52 superman farewell

This arc really is the perfect blueprint for what a Superman origin film would look like.

It breaks the traditional mainzstream view of the character, but does it by going back to the old roots of the character, not reinventing him. Also it puts Metallo and Brainiac onto the screen in a concise way.

I'd save the Anti-Superman Army for a sequel, just in a more straight forward story than what Morrison had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They could nearly lift this direct story and the movie would be a hit. It would always be a hit but I mean, specifically in today's climate? Fuggetaboutit. Maybe throw the Anti-Superman Army into the mix earlier for the supervillain threat on top of Superman doing his social justice deeds. Instead of being led by Vyn, they're led by Lex whom in actuality is a puppet for Brainiac though we don't find that out till the end. Show Michael B. Jordan how cool John Henry Irons is and get him on board. And while I know t-shirt and jeans look has its fans, for the wider appeal of a general audience though I think it would be better to give him a normal costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If he’s at Golden Age power levels I think t-shirt and jeans would be fine. Easy way to signal this isn’t an in his prime Superman yet.
    I think like the arc itself, it should end with him getting a classic suit (or have him get in in the third act). As long as the fact that him having both would be marketed clearly, I think it would go over well with the wider audience.