Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Part of me wonders how Classic Cass body reading interacts with Spider-Sense.

Like...

Peter: *goes to punch*

Cass: he's gonna through a punch, I'll dodge *goes to dodge*

Peter: she's gonna dodge, I'll adjust *adjusts punch*

Cass: he's adjusting, I'll dodge more *adjusts dodge*

Etc...

Like, how far does it go?

Or do they just get into some kind of mind-fight staredown thing like in Hero?
    Basically the one who is quicker should get the last throw, I guess.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Basically the one who is quicker should get the last throw, I guess.
    That's a pretty thin margin giving the respective speed and reaction feats on show.

I would actually say the Spidey sense is marginally quicker than the body-reading.

Spidey sense goes off and it instinctually drives Peter to GTFO. He often doesn’t even know why he’s reacting.

When Cass uses the body-reading however, it identifies what the other person is about to do and then Cass takes conscious action accordingly.

There’s a conscious logic step in the body-reading that is completely bypassed with the Spidey sense.

Yeah always saw Spider Sende akin to Ultra Instinct. It is reaction so damned fast Spidey responds to to dodge. And he is faster than Cass.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I would actually say the Spidey sense is marginally quicker than the body-reading.

Spidey sense goes off and it instinctually drives Peter to GTFO. He often doesn’t even know why he’s reacting.

When Cass uses the body-reading however, it identifies what the other person is about to do and then Cass takes conscious action accordingly.

There’s a conscious logic step in the body-reading that is completely bypassed with the Spidey sense.
    This makes sense to me. Spider Sense also doesn't require processing of visual input to function as well so that would also require further mental processing time as well.

Like...

Etc...

They start bobbing and weaving without anyone throwing a punch. It'll look like a dance off.

That's a pretty thin margin giving the respective speed and reaction feats on show.
    Cass isn't any faster than DD, and Spidey can dance around him. Don't see how it would be any different with Cass.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Cass isn't any faster than DD, and Spidey can dance around him. Don't see how it would be any different with Cass.
    She arguably is, and that one fight aside DD has always given Spiderman trouble, even beating him when he was a teen or when he was unfocused

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    She arguably is, and that one fight aside DD has always given Spiderman trouble, even beating him when he was a teen or when he was unfocused
    The problem is this is not teen Peter, and he is focused.

Adult Peter is a great deal better than when he started out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The problem is this is not teen Peter, and he is focused.

Adult Peter is a great deal better than when he started out.
    The point being DD is generally portrayed as close enough to actually beat a non peak Spider man, which makes the showings where he gives peak Spiderman trouble, a lot more credible

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Whooo...lot going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the technical explanation for how Peter defeats these guys, lol. Then there's Peter's spider sense that gives him an advantage against other bullet timers as well. How close in speed do you think Cassandra and Peter are?
    As others have noted, Cass is pretty close. Peter has an edge, but Cass being ridiculously skilled likely makes up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Team win with standard equipment. Too many grenades from not inconsiderately fast folks

With a bit of strategy and spreading out they can certainly win in the arena

Or they could booby trap one of the team with a grenade for the technical win
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I am moderately certain some of these people are carrying knockout gas bombs/capsules/whatevers as far as issues that way.
    Throw these issues on, and things get tougher for Peter. Not saying he can't take this, but it's not a 'blitz everyone and done' situation.

Like...

Etc...

Both are used subconsciously in fights, so there's just going to be a lot of adjusting mid-melee...which should largely cancel out.

Pete's spider-sense does have the advantage of picking up stuff outside his field of vision, but something people forget a lot about Cass is that she was 'taught' (haha, wait for the insanity) to pick up attacks outside her field of vision and react to them, as well.

No, this isn't a one-off thing. It's explicitly shown in her training (Cain is shown on at least two occasions in the comic training her in this, mostly by shooting her when she can't see him, sometimes when Cass is completely unaware he's going to do so), and then there are craptons of instances where she's either fighting blind or dodging stuff she can't even see (or hitting people she's not looking at and one-shotting them), down to the point where, blindfolded, she's cutting a baseball dancing on the end of a string in half with one sword and simultaneously sticking the other sword up under Ollie's moustache without hurting him (Justice League: Elite).

It's another of those 'that is impossible' things in which she has been 'trained'. Martial arts in comic books, just roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    As noted, Cass is somewhat faster than Matt. Not so much that Matt can't fight her, but by feats she certainly has an edge.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-30-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate