Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It is posed, supposedly, that she will be fighting Superboy Prime in the near future during DEATH METAL so... we will see what happens.
    Yeesh, between Superboy-Prime and Batman Who Laughs I'm at least happy there isn't some Wonder Woman equivalent to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeesh, between Superboy-Prime and Batman Who Laughs I'm at least happy there isn't some Wonder Woman equivalent to that yet.
    Give someone like Scott or Geoff a chance, you just wait.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It is posed, supposedly, that she will be fighting Superboy Prime in the near future during DEATH METAL so... we will see what happens.
    We'll see which weapons she'll employ or whose aid she'll receive to make it out of that one with her head still on

Reading through the omnibus of Simone's run recently, guess you can add killed the Ares twice to her resume.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    That's pretty cool but knowing Snyder, Wonder Woman was probably juiced up on somebody else's power that she borrowed, or wearing the helmet that multiplies her power 200x, or something like that
    But why does this happen? Why does he seem to view WW as just a super human xena?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    But why does this happen? Why does he seem to view WW as just a super human xena?
    That’s not really an exclusive view to him, though that interpretation does get pretty bad in event/ensemble books.

That’s not really an exclusive view to him, though that interpretation does get pretty bad in event/ensemble books.
    But why? These writers don't seem to have a problem realizing how powerful superman is meant to be for example. So why do they treat Wonder Woman like this? It's not like they don't have access to info about her character since creation to know how powerful she is meant to be. So why does it happen to her?

But why? These writers don't seem to have a problem realizing how powerful superman is meant to be for example. So why do they treat Wonder Woman like this? It's not like they don't have access to info about her character since creation to know how powerful she is meant to be. So why does it happen to her?
    Wouldn't know, I imagine it's because Superman is seen as a tier above her and WW is just seen as female Superman for some so an easy way to differentiate her from him is just to play up the warrior woman gimmick. I know based on interviews some creators have given WW isn't a favorite character for many writers at DC so that probably plays a part in it.

Wouldn't know, I imagine it's because Superman is seen as a tier above her and WW is just seen as female Superman for some so an easy way to differentiate her from him is just to play up the warrior woman gimmick. I know based on interviews some creators have given WW isn't a favorite character for many writers at DC so that probably plays a part in it.
    But then you see some of those writers fill their mouth talking about how great and iconic for female empowerment she is. Talking about faking if you ask me. Also she can be a warrior and still be a powerhouse. We have countless characters that are closer to superman clones than her. So why does it have to be WW's power level that suffers more?

But then you see some of those writers fill their mouth talking about how great and iconic for female empowerment she is. Talking about faking if you ask me. Also she can be a warrior and still be a powerhouse. We have countless characters that are closer to superman clones than her. So why does it have to be WW's power level that suffers more?
    More writers like Superman over her.

And to be fair, Billy Batson/Captain Marvel has had his fair share of difficulties in finding a niche because many at DC just see him as "Magic Superman".

More writers like Superman over her.

And to be fair, Billy Batson/Captain Marvel has had his fair share of difficulties in finding a niche because many at DC just see him as "Magic Superman".
    That can't be the only reason. Just because superman is around. There are other characters with similar power sets, and they are not having the problem WW is having.

From Legends #3

Figure I bump this since we're in a power level discussion right now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

20201204_122432.jpg

Reading Gerry Conway's and Jose Luis-Garcia Lopez and Dan Adkin's Superman vs. Wonder Woman from 1978 for the first time and seeing this panel made me love and appreciate Conway's ineffable comics history and knowledge even more. Learning the fundamentals of nuclear technology on Paradise Island! We need more of Diana's intelligence and mastery of the sciences and arts depicted, but I guess that all comes down to the writer's (and would be editors but...) take on the Amazons. Way prefer me a advanced magi-fi society than trite sword and sandal Amazons.

edit: sorry for the image being flipped and hard to read!