Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DC Showcase - Batman - A Death in the Family Interactive Animated Film

WB will be releasing a DC Showcase interactive animated film adapting A Death in the Family storyline and expanding into a new take on the Under the Red Hood story that will allow fans to choose Jason Todd's fate.

The film stars:

Bruce Greenwood - Batman

John DiMaggio - Joker

Vincent Martella - Jason

Zehra Fazal - Talia

Gary Cole - Commissioner Gordon/Two-Face

No Neil Patrick Harris and Jensen Ackles, but both Nightwing and Red Hood from Under the hood show up in the trailer. So if you choose the path that Jason dies, we see Under the hood all over again?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No Neil Patrick Harris and Jensen Ackles, but both Nightwing and Red Hood from Under the hood show up in the trailer. So if you choose the path that Jason dies, we see Under the hood all over again?
    That seems like the most possible outcome, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And Batman probably narrates what happens so there's no dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Seems like a waste of time then. It's obviously the least interesting choice when the other two are new ones.

Even then, we see Jason as Red Robin firing a Rocket Launcher at Black Mask just like in the first movie.

The three outcomes look relatively the same with him becoming a anti hero.

I'm excited to see the Death in the Family adaptation, but even more excited to see all of the different ways that the Under the Red Hood story can play out. It's kind of like getting to go to an alternate universe and watching their version of one of my favorite movies. Like an Elseworlds of Under the Red Hoods. Which is pretty novel.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Perhaps there will be some change. There's voice actress announcement for Talia, meaning she will have many action. CMIIW, from my memories Talia didn't have any dialogue on UTRH movie and she was only shown almost shot Jason. Perhaps they will use Lost Days plot, minus sex in the end of course. Or perhaps Talia will narrate Jason's resurrection to Bruce instead of Ra's.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Perhaps there will be some change. There's voice actress announcement for Talia, meaning she will have many action. CMIIW, from my memories Talia didn't have any dialogue on UTRH movie and she was only shown almost shot Jason. Perhaps they will use Lost Days plot, minus sex in the end of course. Or perhaps Talia will narrate Jason's resurrection to Bruce instead of Ra's.
    I mean, is obvious the meat of the story will be the lead up to Jason dying at the Joker's hands with some elaboration of what we just saw as flashbacks during the original URTH, so it makes sense Talia gets lines now. Especially since Isaacs isn't returning as Ra's either.

Extraordinary Member

This looks completely awesome...

...And just makes me think “why the hell did they change the original Red Robin costume for Tim in the New 52?”

Would you look at that?!? Jason running around in it looks pretty damn tight.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I completely forgot that the movie was supposed to exist.

Anyway, the movie seem interesting enough and a good way to celebrate UTRH's 10th anniversary.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

I bet the Red Robin route is going to be the most fun of them all. More than even the original story. I can feel the drama boiling there already.